Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder why...

I wonder why...
Found this in our stats:

The most users online at one time was 546 on Sunday, December 1st, 2019 at 10:58 am

We don't even have quite 460 members, and many are not active. How strange.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Alan V

I wonder why...
I did my part!

I wonder why...
probably some database reboot happened in the middle of the count so it got to double count. damn Lions to tistics!
God damn voice to text. goddamn army jeep!
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Fireball

I wonder why...
Probably Rainman and all of his Russki bot pals coming to see what us godless atheists are up to!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Tres Leches

I wonder why...
Bots.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I wonder why...
(12-27-2019, 04:29 PM)Dom Wrote: Found this in our stats:

The most users online at one time was 546 on Sunday, December 1st, 2019 at 10:58 am

I'd say, "user" doesn't equal "member". So there may have been a lot of folks browsing without being registered.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Chas

I wonder why...
(12-27-2019, 06:30 PM)abaris Wrote:

I'd say, "user" doesn't equal "member". So there may have been a lot of folks browsing without being registered.

I know, but 546 all on the first of December at 10:58 am? That was a Sunday. We never have that many online at a time. There are a lot of lurkers, but not near that number and not on a Sunday morning.

I wonder why...
I going with obsessive compulsive multiple member personality disorders.

And at least one with a bit of paranoia thrown in.  Tongue
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

I wonder why...

If users includes guests, then it's not surprising.
All those shirker wanna-be atheists who couldn't bring themselves to go to church anymore, tooling around for something of substance.
Angel
Test

I wonder why...
It's highly unusual for so many people to be awake at 10.58am on a Sunday.
He loves me?  Facepalm
The following 1 user Likes NorthernBen's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I wonder why...
Maybe @Mathilda can look at a server log to see if it's really all different IPs?

I wonder why...
(12-27-2019, 08:40 PM)Dom Wrote: Maybe @Mathilda can look at a server log to see if it's really all different IPs?

You want the poor girl to go blind?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

I wonder why...
(12-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Dom Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 06:30 PM)abaris Wrote:

I know, but 546 all on the first of December at 10:58 am? That was a Sunday. We never have that many online at a time. There are a lot of lurkers, but not near that number and not on a Sunday morning.

That was my birthday so they were all hanging out here ready to pounce on my birthday thread.

That or bots, maybe.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 3 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • NorthernBen, Fireball, Deesse23

I wonder why...
I'd venture an opinion but that would erase any doubt regarding my ignorance of all things computing.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

I wonder why...
Because reasons.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Alan V

I wonder why...
It counts those who are lurking, those who have not yet signed up.

I wonder why...
(12-27-2019, 08:40 PM)Dom Wrote: Maybe @Mathilda can look at a server log to see if it's really all different IPs?

I used to scroll through half a million telephone records once a month (for legitimate governmental purposes).  I'm good at it.  If you want to sent me a spreadsheet, I'll find info.  And then delete it.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

I wonder why...
(12-27-2019, 08:22 PM)NorthernBen Wrote: It's highly unusual for so many people to be awake at 10.58am on a Sunday.
But that's 1/24th of the time zones.

I wonder why...
(12-28-2019, 11:24 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 08:22 PM)NorthernBen Wrote: It's highly unusual for so many people to be awake at 10.58am on a Sunday.

I live in a bubble.
He loves me?  Facepalm

I wonder why...
(12-28-2019, 11:27 AM)NorthernBen Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 11:24 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

I live in a bubble.

Good enough. Chuckle

I wonder why...
That was me. I'm actually a hundred or so different people. It can get confusing.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Alan V

I wonder why...
You may find that the few theists posting here may be suffering from a multiple personality disorder.

That may account for some of the seemingly extra numbers of posters.       Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Cavebear, Fireball, GenesisNemesis

I wonder why...
(12-28-2019, 02:55 PM)SYZ Wrote: You may find that the few theists posting here may be suffering from a multiple personality disorder.

That may account for some of the seemingly extra numbers of posters.       Big Grin

Yeah, I would suspect trolls and bots. And maybe advertisers on old posts. I found them on my blog. Some I can't even delete. I don't know how they do that. I have the blog set to require approval for comments more than 3 days old, yet they escape that.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • SYZ

I wonder why...
(12-28-2019, 03:30 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 02:55 PM)SYZ Wrote: You may find that the few theists posting here may be suffering from a multiple personality disorder.

Yeah, I would suspect trolls and bots.  And maybe advertisers on old posts.  I found them on my blog.  Some I can't even delete.  I don't know how they do that.  I have the blog set to require approval for comments more than 3 days old, yet they escape that.

No spam gets past this team. None.  Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Fireball, Cavebear

I wonder why...
(12-28-2019, 03:33 PM)Dom Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 03:30 PM)Cavebear Wrote:

Yeah, I would suspect trolls and bots.  And maybe advertisers on old posts.  I found them on my blog.  Some I can't even delete.  I don't know how they do that.  I have the blog set to require approval for comments more than 3 days old, yet they escape that.

No spam gets past this team. None.  Big Grin

Well, that's good. But you have set up a conundrum for yourself. Where did all those posts come from if not spam?