Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold On To Your Hats!

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-26-2019, 09:41 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I was just thinking he was the only one of those hippies who had any money.

Not quite.---Wasn't HIS money, except the 30 pieces of silver blood money of course. If it was that to which you were alluding .

It is also my understanding  that Mary Magdalene  was a woman of substance. Plus, as far as I know, none of the gospels say she was a prostitute .  

I remember reading/being told that St Peter started that rumour to depower Mary within the sect. Worked too. I wonder what would have happened if Mary Magdalene had been recognised as 'The beloved disciple' and become leader of the sect?  At that time and place, the sect would probably faded way into a well deserved obscurity (?).

Hold On To Your Hats!
I said he had money. "Not quite"? He had money.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 09:02 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 04:17 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 05:20 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Judas was more interesting than Christ.

Judas (assuming the existence of all the biblical characters for discussion), was indeed more interesting than Jesus.  When I was in college, I discovered the Jesus Christ: Superstar album.  At least that made the characters sort of real.  I memorized the lyrics and won bets for producing the next line.  But Judas was more real in that.

I saw Jesus Christ: Superstar in Italy.  Panic

I saw it on TV.

Favourite line; Pilate to Jesus ; " -----prove to me you're no fool/walk across my swimming pool ."

Had the album for years. I think it went in the property settlement 

OT: just thought of one of my favourite albums, ever;  Rick Wakeman's "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth". Same fate.
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Cavebear

Hold On To Your Hats!
I had the JC album with full trivial inserts and shit. Same with Wakeman. I heard that the first time as I was looking at Mt. Etna and he was saying "...the terrible Mt. Etna!"

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 09:48 PM)grympy Wrote: OT: just thought of one of my favourite albums, ever;  Rick Wakeman's "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth". Same fate.

Dear god, even as a stoned teen that one was too overwrought for me.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 10:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 09:48 PM)grympy Wrote: OT: just thought of one of my favourite albums, ever;  Rick Wakeman's "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth". Same fate.

Black Moroccan hash lashed with opium helped.

Hold On To Your Hats!

At that time I was chronically  married so I found it calming . I also liked Billy Joel. Obviously a period in which I had no tase in music at all.  Tongue  

To be fair, it's over 25 years since I've heard 'Journey to the Centre Of the earth'   Same for Billy Joel ,at least intentionally. 

One's tastes change:. These  days,I find the Beatles very dated, and John Lennon  self indulgent.  Can't understand  why I ever thought he was brilliant--he was clever, no more imo today.
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 10:30 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Moroccan black made the movie Excalibur interesting. Any added opium might help to put me to sleep halfway through JTTCOTE. Useful advice here, perhaps.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 10:35 PM)grympy Wrote:

At that time I was chronically  married so I found it calming . I also liked Billy Joel. Obviously a period in which I had no tase in music at all.  Tongue  

To be fair, it's over 25 years since I've heard 'Journey to the Centre Of the earth'   Same for Billy Joel ,at least intentionally. 

One's tastes change:. These  days,I find the Beatles very dated, and John Lennon  self indulgent.  Can't understand  why I ever thought he was brilliant--he was clever, no more imo today.

I love mid-period Beatles, namely Rubber Soul and Revolver -- two of my favorite albums ever. Outside of those for me it's hit-and-miss.

But to be fair, nothing they did outside of the Ringo songs was as bad as that Wakeman album.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Inkubus

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 10:30 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 10:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Dear god, even as a stoned teen that one was too overwrought for me.

Moroccan black made the movie Excalibur interesting. Any added opium might help to put me to sleep halfway through JTTCOTE. Useful advice here, perhaps.
Offsets would help.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 12:10 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 10:30 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Black Moroccan hash lashed with opium helped.

Offsets would help.

Got no idea what you're talkin' about. Rick Wakeman, right?

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 01:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 12:10 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Moroccan black made the movie Excalibur interesting. Any added opium might help to put me to sleep halfway through JTTCOTE. Useful advice here, perhaps.
Offsets would help.

Something to offset the sleepy-time stuff. It can get interesting when various chemical compounds are battling for supremacy in your body and "UmmaGumma" is on the turntable. Just sayin'.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 11:57 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 01:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 12:10 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Offsets would help.

Something to offset the sleepy-time stuff. It can get interesting when various chemical compounds are battling for supremacy in your body and "UmmaGumma" is on the turntable.  Just sayin'.

Wakeman's album is about as interesting as watching cactus grow.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball

Hold On To Your Hats!
Depends on how stoned you are.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 01:21 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Depends on how stoned you are.

There ain't that much weed to make it sound good. Trust me, I tried.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 02:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

I once saw a chunk of hash the exact size and shape of the inside of a VW passenger door. Shy
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 07:16 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ... I once saw a chunk of hash the exact size and shape of the inside of a VW passenger door ...

One hopes you returned it to the garden it came from, of course  Tongue

[Image: Shrub-Bug.jpg]://" border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />
The following 1 user Likes airportkid's post:
  • Minimalist

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 07:52 PM)airportkid Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 07:16 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ... I once saw a chunk of hash the exact size and shape of the inside of a VW passenger door ...

[Image: Shrub-Bug.jpg]://" border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Oh yeah, did that. Ashes are excellent fertilizer.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 10:35 PM)grympy Wrote:

Philosophy is about asking questions.
Science is about answering questions.
Theology is about avoiding questions.
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Fireball

Hold On To Your Hats!
I don't need much drugwise. I already have too good an imagination. In fact I mostly have to subdue it. Zinfandel works.
A friend in need is a pain in the ass. If you are lucky, when he comes around you won't be home!

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-31-2019, 10:26 PM)Cavebear Wrote: I don't need much drugwise.  I already have too good an imagination.  In fact I mostly have to subdue it.  Zinfandel works.

I have to keep my imagination under lock and key, especially since that "Horny Rachel Weiss twins" episode. Facepalm

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 07:52 PM)airportkid Wrote:

Is that a Chia® Bug?
Philosophy is about asking questions.
Science is about answering questions.
Theology is about avoiding questions.

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-29-2019, 07:16 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 02:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

I once saw a chunk of hash the exact size and shape of the inside of a VW passenger door.  Shy

Oh what an astonishing coincidence! I once saw a car door that looked like it was all hash..

So here is a memory. College, 1970. Sat around a friends room smoking hash. As I left, the record player (yes really one of those) started playing 'Stairway to Heaven'. I decided to lean against the wall.

In my mind, I floated slowly into a verdant valley like a butterfly. It took HOURS! I landed oh ever so gently into a soft nest of leaves and moss. It took, like "forever" dudes and dudettes...

The next day, my dorm mates said that I tried to lean on a wall 3' away and dropped like a stone.

Personally, I really liked my version better.

Hey it was the 70's...
A friend in need is a pain in the ass. If you are lucky, when he comes around you won't be home!
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

Hold On To Your Hats!
Ahhh... yes.  Those were the days.

[Image: 18a547991eed5213c6bda13ceadd0fe4--rolls-joint.jpg]

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" was my go-to hash song.     Guaranteed every time.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • grympy

Hold On To Your Hats!
(12-28-2019, 09:34 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I said he had money. "Not quite"? He had money.

I didn't know that. He was independently wealthy?  That was never mentioned at my a Catholic  school. I can remember  getting into trouble at about 14 when I said I felt terribly sorry for Judas. .His suicide says more about his character than anything else, imo. 

Don't remember reading about Judas' money. But then, it's been over 50 years since I read the bible. Some (most) of the finer points have faded.