Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seventh mass extinction? Severe and deadly event 260 million years ago discovered

Seventh mass extinction? Severe and deadly event 260 million years ago discovered
(12-19-2019, 07:25 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 07:17 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 06:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: There is also an direct ratio between poverty and childbirth per capita. The wealthier a country, the lower the birth-rate -- no doubt this ties into your point ab out education as well.

Yes.  There are many variables, but most that affect women affect birthrates.  I sure don't know all of them.  But when I read about any, it always seems to be anything helpful to women.  Even such a simple thing as a well nearer home.

I think our points dovetail. As a nation's wealth increases, generally women are afforded more opportunities for education and joining the workforce, both events that have a correlation with lower birth-rates. I'd imagine that access to modern healthcare as well correlates too; in poor countries, children strike me as a form of retirement planning. In other words, they could be parts of a virtuous cycle.

National wealth, regional wealth, local wealth and household wealth all help women. And when men aren't living a subsistence existence, that helps women too. Sort of "if the community isn't doing well, women and children don't do well". The problem can be helped in both directions.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus