Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seventh mass extinction? Severe and deadly event 260 million years ago discovered

Seventh mass extinction? Severe and deadly event 260 million years ago discovered
(12-19-2019, 07:25 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 07:17 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 06:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: There is also an direct ratio between poverty and childbirth per capita. The wealthier a country, the lower the birth-rate -- no doubt this ties into your point ab out education as well.

Yes.  There are many variables, but most that affect women affect birthrates.  I sure don't know all of them.  But when I read about any, it always seems to be anything helpful to women.  Even such a simple thing as a well nearer home.

I think our points dovetail. As a nation's wealth increases, generally women are afforded more opportunities for education and joining the workforce, both events that have a correlation with lower birth-rates. I'd imagine that access to modern healthcare as well correlates too; in poor countries, children strike me as a form of retirement planning. In other words, they could be parts of a virtuous cycle.

National wealth, regional wealth, local wealth and household wealth all help women. And when men aren't living a subsistence existence, that helps women too. Sort of "if the community isn't doing well, women and children don't do well". The problem can be helped in both directions.
A friend in need is a pain in the ass. If you are lucky, when he comes around you won't be home!
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus