Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creation/evolution the video

(02-12-2020, 08:42 PM)Drich Wrote: I SAW AN ANGEL/MESSENGER/HOLY SPIRIT which makes me an EYEWITNESS.

Yeah, and I'm King Isildur.  Dodgy
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Astreja

(02-12-2020, 08:42 PM)Drich Wrote: I SAW AN ANGEL/MESSENGER/HOLY SPIRIT which makes me an EYEWITNESS.

I read your testimonial.  I think due to the stress of the moment you had a psychotic break and hallucinated the man/angel.  Of course a figment of your own imagination would your life story and tell you what your unconscious mind wanted to hear.

I don't consider you to be a sufficiently credible eyewitness because there's no way to test your claim, your level of veracity is unknown, and the claim involves a supernatural experience. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and this does not qualify.
The following 3 users Like Astreja's post:
  • KevinM1, brunumb, Gwaithmir

One has only to look at the con-artist George Adamski [1891 – 1965] who reported seeing alien spacecraft over
a period of several years.  Many of these sightings were confirmed by his friends, who also reported seeing him
communicating with alien entities from those spacecraft.

This distortion of reality, exacerbated by Adamski's fervour, plus group-think—which occurs when a respected or
persuasive leader is present, inspiring members to agree with his or her opinion—confirms the weakness of
even multiple eye-witness reports.  Even decades after Adamski's death, many of those "eye witnesses" still
swore to the truth of their spacecraft sightings.

The point is that Drich's purported eye-witness experience can easily be dismissed without any further consideration.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • KevinM1, Astreja, Gwaithmir