Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creation/evolution the video

(02-12-2020, 08:42 PM)Drich Wrote: I SAW AN ANGEL/MESSENGER/HOLY SPIRIT which makes me an EYEWITNESS.

Yeah, and I'm King Isildur.  Dodgy
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Astreja

(02-12-2020, 08:42 PM)Drich Wrote: I SAW AN ANGEL/MESSENGER/HOLY SPIRIT which makes me an EYEWITNESS.

I read your testimonial.  I think due to the stress of the moment you had a psychotic break and hallucinated the man/angel.  Of course a figment of your own imagination would your life story and tell you what your unconscious mind wanted to hear.

I don't consider you to be a sufficiently credible eyewitness because there's no way to test your claim, your level of veracity is unknown, and the claim involves a supernatural experience. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and this does not qualify.
The following 3 users Like Astreja's post:
  • KevinM1, brunumb, Gwaithmir

One has only to look at the con-artist George Adamski [1891 – 1965] who reported seeing alien spacecraft over
a period of several years.  Many of these sightings were confirmed by his friends, who also reported seeing him
communicating with alien entities from those spacecraft.

This distortion of reality, exacerbated by Adamski's fervour, plus group-think—which occurs when a respected or
persuasive leader is present, inspiring members to agree with his or her opinion—confirms the weakness of
even multiple eye-witness reports.  Even decades after Adamski's death, many of those "eye witnesses" still
swore to the truth of their spacecraft sightings.

The point is that Drich's purported eye-witness experience can easily be dismissed without any further consideration.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • KevinM1, Astreja, Gwaithmir

[Image: b8addef446bc6313d63dd42c4b2a826106815143...=800&h=810]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Deesse23, SYZ, Gwaithmir

(02-15-2020, 07:08 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

Yeah, and I'm King Isildur.  Dodgy

But he said it in capital letters. That makes it true, right ?
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Deesse23

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020...urry-face/

Paula White, Trump's official spiritual advisor

"“I literally went to the Throne Room of God,” she said. “There was a mist that was coming off the water, and I went to the throne of God, and I didn’t see God’s face clearly, but I saw the face of God … I knew it was the face of God.”

“He put a mantle [on me] and it was a very distinct mantle,” White continued. “There was a mantle, and I saw it very distinctly, the color was like a goldish, a yellowish goldish … and then I saw the Earth for a moment, and [God] brought me back, and he put me in certain places, one being the White House, one being certain continents.”"

This world is full of religious kooks, con-men and con-women, and people whose words cannot be trusted. It is so common, that outrageous nonsense is obviously rampant. Religious brain farts are common, and I for one, refuse to be lead around by the nose by somebody's religious brain farts.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • SYZ, Gwaithmir

I guess she knows her audience, and that's the depressing part.

(02-27-2020, 01:55 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: “There was a mist that was coming off the water,..."

WTF is water doing in the spiritual realm?
No gods necessary
The following 2 users Like brunumb's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Chas

Paula White prays with Donald Trump...

[Image: 4000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma...103b96db82]

It's been claimed that Trump was cumming in his pants as he grimaced, although others
say that he was perving on Paula through squinted eyes while thinking about grabbing her
on the pussy after the prayer session.

Either way, the smug little grin on his face confirms he wasn't actually praying.      Whistling
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.