Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creation/evolution the video

(01-07-2020, 11:54 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 07:13 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:38 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Matthew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

So much for Trump and most Republican politicians.

Again dummy I will admit the lake is forever, the torment is forever and the fire is forever, but NO WHERE DOES IT SAY WE WILL BURN FOREVER! the only think/one slated to burn forever is satan and his inner circle.

Show me MAN'S SOUL WILL BURN FOREVER IN HELL.

You can't. the only think that is written about hell is that it Hell it self is forever. Never once anywhere in the bible does it say man will burn forever.

Again you morons don't even understand the bible well enough to even do a proper word search 99.999% of what you think you know is religious BS mixed in from greek and roman religions.

You people are so ignorant and so proud of how ignorant you are that when I state a hard fact like this one 1) you are not smart enough to even see it as truth, 2) you will not even take the time to search for the truth. you just assume i am the one wrong.

Again dummy I will admit the lake is forever, the torment is forever and the fire is forever, but NO WHERE DOES IT SAY WE WILL BURN FOREVER! the only think/one slated to burn forever is satan and his inner circle.

Matthew 25
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Revelation 20:10, 14-15
And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. . . . Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 14:9-11

If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

--- 

The idea that hell was not forever because God is merciful was an idea that Origen suggested.  The Orthodox Christians reading their new Testaments agreed Hell was forever, and labeled Origen's opinion heresy, and unbiblical.  To abandon the claims of the NT on the eternal nature of Hell means abandoning the NT as true and trustworthy revelation.  And the orthodox are correct about that.

Try Mark 9:42-50.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Phaedrus

I once asked an orthodox rabbi at an online yeshiva about the Jewish concepts of the afterlife, heaven and hell. I made it very clear I am not Jewish ,and only wanted to ask some questions, respectfully.

He answered "We are too concerned with living from day to day to bother about after death" . He was of the opinion that if a Jew keeps the mitzvot** he/she will be fine.

I asked how he felt about discussing the Shoah (Holocaust) He didn't mind as long as the questions were sensitive and respectful.

It was some time later I learned the Jews DO have a concept of hell. It's a lot like the Christian idea of purgatory. The difference is the LONGEST a person can stay is 2 years . (they have a list of crimes and times)

Came across this Jewish folk story about heaven and hell: .They are the same place , at a magnificent feast . One problem; nobody can bend their arms . For the good and the just this is not a problem, they feed each other ,and have a great time. The evil and unjust are utterly selfish ,and refuse to cooperate with each other, so they starve.

** There were originally 613 mitzvah (commandments) Unlike some extreme muslims, the jews have moved on a bit, and don't always follow the letter of the law .EG they no longer stone people for breaking the sabbath , committing adultery or for being gay. Nor are they permitted to sell their daughters into slavery .Nor indeed may they kill a recalcitrant child---
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Drich

(01-07-2020, 05:52 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:38 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 03:07 PM)Drich Wrote: Actually it doesn't if said Christian read the bible for himself.

No where in the bible does it say the average soul is slatted to burn forever in Hell.

Matthew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The "fearful" are the theists.  When I'M dead I will have the awareness of a swatted fly.  Or are there flies in your afterlife?

I have to say that quoting "christian scripture" at me is like blowing soap bubbles across the ocean...  I not only don't care about YOURS, I don't care about the other types either.

When some Xian blathers nonsense at me that is not biblical and I can quote a few verses to demonstrate that, I do quote these verses.  It is part of demonstrating the wrong headedness of much of Christianity.  Part of the fight to keep the focus on facts, not foolish superstition.  It is aimed as much at lurkers as to the Drich's of the world.

If the Xians saddle up on the Bible, they are stuck with the Bible.  When they start abandoning bits and pieces they don't like, because it otherwise makes little sense, it calls the whole Bible into question.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

(01-07-2020, 07:22 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 05:04 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 04:22 PM)Drich Wrote: I am here because some one on staff personally invited me to be here...

"Someone on staff"?  This is a blatant lie, and proves what a bullshit artist you really are mate.
Nobody, but fucking nobody, would ever "invite" an ignorant cunt like you to join their forum.

I'm not going to rat anyone out but confirmed today this person is staff.

Thank you for at least effectively admitting you lied.  You haven't "confirmed" anything to my satisfaction,
or that of anybody else here.  You're simply digging yourself into an ever-deepening hole with a feeble
appeal to authority by association.  Pathetic.

Quote:...or just understand this whole premise/website only works when people with opposing views come together.

Nope.  To claim that opposing views provide the glue that holds a web site together is truly laughable!
In fact, contrary to that, most theist sites for example run any naysayers out of town post haste in
order to come together, sometimes literally LOL.

This site, AD, is more than happy to listen to and debate opposing premises, opinions, and facts about any
subject you'd care to name.  Your problem is that you're locked into an implacable, unrelenting, and dogmatic
farrago of superstitious nonsense.  You refuse to even entertain the possibility that anybody else other than
yourself knows anything at all about the intricacies of theism in all its facets.  You obviously hate atheists and
atheism to such an extent that your hatred actually blind-sides your rationale and the coherence of your
argument(s).  And I can only presume this hatred is driven by a fear of the scientific pragmatism currently
destroying the fantasy that's been guiding your life, and numbing your brain.

Quote:I know of at least 4 websites who have died because it was atheist only.

I doubt you do.  But if you believe that's correct for the reason you claim, then why don't you name them?

Quote:Only slow minded atheist want to only talk to other atheist only.

You really are a dopey cunt aren't you.  You can't even see that this aptly describes every theist forum I've
ever visited LOL. Theists are desperate for group support—which is one reason they flock to churches every
week in order to shore up their beliefs in their gods.  And their on-line forums are simply a temporary substitute
for their bricks and mortar churches.

And the articulate responses you've received here certainly indicate that atheists are definitely not "slow thinkers".
Every one of your absurd claims and/or lies has been invalidated and/or exposed, which indicates that it's you
that's the slow thinker.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Chas, adey67

(01-07-2020, 07:22 PM)Drich Wrote:  Only slow minded atheist want to only talk to other atheist only.

Utter bullshit.  Many of the atheists on this forum are married to theists.  Many have friends who are theists.  Most of my long time friends are theists yet I have conversations with them daily.  

Still haven't provided falsifiable evidence of your god but you're too fucking stupid to even know what this means so it's not suprising.
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Deesse23, Minimalist, adey67, Gwaithmir

(01-08-2020, 04:18 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 07:22 PM)Drich Wrote:  Only slow minded atheist want to only talk to other atheist only.

Utter bullshit.  Many of the atheists on this forum are married to theists.  Many have friends who are theists.  Most of my long time friends are theists yet I have conversations with them daily.  

Still haven't provided falsifiable evidence of your god but you're too fucking stupid to even know what this means so it's not suprising.

Bich is worried that he's not as bright as a slow minded atheist. Given the horseshit he believes in he has reason for concern.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Deesse23, Gwaithmir

Drippy's god always strokes his dick and tells him that he's right about everything.  It gives the moron the strength to go on!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • adey67

I'm really starting to think that poor old Drich has a few roos loose in the top paddock.      Chuckle
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • adey67

(01-07-2020, 07:22 PM)Drich Wrote: Only slow minded atheist want to only talk to other atheist only.

How is it that fundy theists, (actually he's a deist ... but he doesn't know what that means) think that the plural of "atheists" is "atheist" ?
Speaking of "slow-minded".

That is actually not at all true. The Moderator (or manager, or whatever ) of TTA was a theist.
Kingsy had a rather good grasp of Predestination Theology, and was a very nice guy. There have been a few others.
One remarkable one was the guy from Utah (a Mormon) ... with an encyclopedic (scholarly) knowledge of the Old Testament.

"Talking to" and "preaching" are two entirely different things.
Combat / insults are not known to be effective in persuasion. D Rich's tactics are known to be ineffective.
Appearing to have triumphed in an argument is what is the MOST important thing for him.
He is not interested in "talking". He is convinced he has "the truth" and no one here will tell him otherwise.
He actually thinks a god sent him here. He can't talk to Christians on his XT sites the insulting way he talks to us.
He *needs* desperately to tell himself he is superior. That's why he is here. Church ladies gotta church.
Test
The following 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Minimalist, Dancefortwo, Mathilda, adey67, Deesse23

I think he is just an asshole.

(01-08-2020, 07:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I think he is just an asshole.

I donno, somehow I picture Drich sitting behind his computer with a pencil up his nose and underwear on his head.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67, Mathilda, TheGentlemanBastard

(01-09-2020, 12:52 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

I donno, somehow I picture Drich sitting behind his computer with a pencil up his nose and underwear on his head.

Does he say "wibble"?  Angel
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • Mathilda, Dancefortwo

My suspicion also, but I don't know for sure. "Mental  health issues"  also work for me ---

However, I really don't care.   Nutter  with a religious obsession or just an arsehole.  Acts like an asshole to  me,  he's treated as one . I don't have the authority to simply ban him, or I would.  Instead I just put him on ignore. 

I owe Drich and others of his ilk nothing.   

I'm not entirely convinced Christian  forums would put up with him
The following 2 users Like grympy's post:
  • Deesse23, adey67

(01-09-2020, 01:34 AM)grympy Wrote:  My suspicion also, but I don't know for sure. "Mental  health issues"  also work for me ---

As somebody who has mental health issue, I'd like you not to put him in the same boat as the rest of us. Thank you!
The following 1 user Likes OakTree500's post:
  • Minimalist

(01-09-2020, 01:34 AM)grympy Wrote:

My suspicion also, but I don't know for sure. "Mental  health issues"  also work for me ---

However, I really don't care.   Nutter  with a religious obsession or just an arsehole.  Acts like an asshole to  me,  he's treated as one . I don't have the authority to simply ban him, or I would.  Instead I just put him on ignore. 

I owe Drich and others of his ilk nothing.   

I'm not entirely convinced Christian  forums would put up with him

They definitely wouldn't put up with him even as a fellow believer, those forums are renowned for their willingness to ban people at the drop of a hat, as to be expected the religion of love understanding and forgiveness is anything but loving understanding and forgiving. As for banning him from here, well, considering its been unequivocally determined that he's been caught not just in his own version of Christian taqiya but in a big fat bare faced open lie if it was within my purview he'd probably be on his way out the door.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • grympy, Minimalist

Oi... please don't insult assholes! I find mine to very useful, and couldn't live
without it.        Big Grin

(01-08-2020, 12:47 AM)Dānu Wrote: Try Mark 9:42-50.
uhg... so let us look..

42 “If one of these little children believes in me, and someone causes that child to sin, it will be very bad for that person. It would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their neck and be drowned in the sea. 43 If your hand makes you sin, cut it off. It is better for you to lose part of your body and have eternal life than to have two hands and go to hell. There the fire never stops. 44 [c] 45 If your foot makes you sin, cut it off. It is better for you to lose part of your body and have eternal life than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 46 [d] 47 If your eye makes you sin, take it out. It is better for you to have only one eye and enter God’s kingdom than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell. 48 The worms that eat the people in hell never die. The fire there is never stopped.

49 “Everyone will be salted with fire.[e]
50 “Salt is good. But if it loses its salty taste, you can’t make it good again. So, don’t lose that good quality of salt you have. And live in peace with each other.”

So AGAIN Hell is forever the torments are forever, no where in the bible does it say our souls will burn forever.

The reason Hell is forever is again for satan and his inner circle.
We are sent to hell to be consumed by it.

(01-10-2020, 03:47 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 12:47 AM)Dānu Wrote: Try Mark 9:42-50.
uhg... so let us look..

42 “If one of these little children believes in me, and someone causes that child to sin, it will be very bad for that person. It would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their neck and be drowned in the sea. 43 If your hand makes you sin, cut it off. It is better for you to lose part of your body and have eternal life than to have two hands and go to hell. There the fire never stops. 44 [c] 45 If your foot makes you sin, cut it off. It is better for you to lose part of your body and have eternal life than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 46 [d] 47 If your eye makes you sin, take it out. It is better for you to have only one eye and enter God’s kingdom than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell. 48 The worms that eat the people in hell never die. The fire there is never stopped.

49 “Everyone will be salted with fire.[e]
50 “Salt is good. But if it loses its salty taste, you can’t make it good again. So, don’t lose that good quality of salt you have. And live in peace with each other.”

So AGAIN Hell is forever the torments are forever, no where in the bible does it say our souls will burn forever.

The reason Hell is forever is again for satan and his inner circle.
We are sent to hell to be consumed by it.

Well, it is always so nice to see how theists really think when they finally give up trying to sound being reasonable and just say what they truly believe.  I always expected this sort of rabid nonsense would come out.  

I can only laugh...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Gwaithmir

And now a rebuttal from the Silmarillion.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(01-08-2020, 07:20 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 05:52 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:38 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Matthew 7:13-14

The "fearful" are the theists.  When I'M dead I will have the awareness of a swatted fly.  Or are there flies in your afterlife?

I have to say that quoting "christian scripture" at me is like blowing soap bubbles across the ocean...  I not only don't care about YOURS, I don't care about the other types either.

When some Xian blathers nonsense at me that is not biblical and I can quote a few verses to demonstrate that, I do quote these verses.  It is part of demonstrating the wrong headedness of much of Christianity.  Part of the fight to keep the focus on facts, not foolish superstition.  It is aimed as much at lurkers as to the Drich's of the world.

If the Xians saddle up on the Bible, they are stuck with the Bible.  When they start abandoning bits and pieces they don't like, because it otherwise makes little sense, it calls the whole Bible into question.

then SHOW ME BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE where Souls are sent to hell to burn forever.

You can't because that is not found in the bible.. Jesus Himself does however say Hell is the second death, we will be destoyed by the fire, like a dozen times.

You only assume what the RC church, and RC like churches teach souls will burn in hell forever is apart of the bible. I am saying the bible NEVER says this. 

Hell is forever.
The torments of hell are forever.
Satan is to burn forever as well as the players of revelation.

For us hell is the second death according to not me but Jesus. Hell is soul death/death of the Spirit according to Christ.

Smile

(01-08-2020, 12:22 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 07:22 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 05:04 PM)SYZ Wrote: "Someone on staff"?  This is a blatant lie, and proves what a bullshit artist you really are mate.
Nobody, but fucking nobody, would ever "invite" an ignorant cunt like you to join their forum.

I'm not going to rat anyone out but confirmed today this person is staff.

Thank you for at least effectively admitting you lied.  You haven't "confirmed" anything to my satisfaction,
or that of anybody else here.  You're simply digging yourself into an ever-deepening hole with a feeble
appeal to authority by association.  Pathetic.

Quote:...or just understand this whole premise/website only works when people with opposing views come together.

Nope.  To claim that opposing views provide the glue that holds a web site together is truly laughable!
In fact, contrary to that, most theist sites for example run any naysayers out of town post haste in
order to come together, sometimes literally LOL.

This site, AD, is more than happy to listen to and debate opposing premises, opinions, and facts about any
subject you'd care to name.  Your problem is that you're locked into an implacable, unrelenting, and dogmatic
farrago of superstitious nonsense.  You refuse to even entertain the possibility that anybody else other than
yourself knows anything at all about the intricacies of theism in all its facets.  You obviously hate atheists and
atheism to such an extent that your hatred actually blind-sides your rationale and the coherence of your
argument(s).  And I can only presume this hatred is driven by a fear of the scientific pragmatism currently
destroying the fantasy that's been guiding your life, and numbing your brain.

Quote:I know of at least 4 websites who have died because it was atheist only.

I doubt you do.  But if you believe that's correct for the reason you claim, then why don't you name them?

Quote:Only slow minded atheist want to only talk to other atheist only.

You really are a dopey cunt aren't you.  You can't even see that this aptly describes every theist forum I've
ever visited LOL. Theists are desperate for group support—which is one reason they flock to churches every
week in order to shore up their beliefs in their gods.  And their on-line forums are simply a temporary substitute
for their bricks and mortar churches.

And the articulate responses you've received here certainly indicate that atheists are definitely not "slow thinkers".
Every one of your absurd claims and/or lies has been invalidated and/or exposed, which indicates that it's you
that's the slow thinker.

[Image: downloader.php]
because despite what you have to say... I know I was invited here for my reason.

But Drich: Heaven is hotter than hell?

[Image: LnuukiX.jpg]
The following 3 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Deesse23, brunumb, isbelldl

(01-10-2020, 04:20 PM)Drich Wrote: because despite what you have to say... I know I was invited here for my reason.

Which (if it's true), mostly likely, is that that the person who did it knew how uneducated and insulting this guy is, and wanted to USE him to demonstrate to passers-by how idiotic, irrational, hypocritical and uneducated so-called Christians are about the cult they claim to be members of. The most likely reason an invitation was extended, (if it was), was they knew how idiotic this dude would make himself look. He makes those of his ilk look very bad. That most likely is the reason.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Minimalist

Quote:which is one reason they flock to churches every week in order to shore up their beliefs in their gods. 

There is a whole lot less flocking going on as the dumb fucks die off.

[Image: zzja0ppzo0-axxhbmi5yuw.jpg]