Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Just Think....He Got 26% of the Vote Last Time!

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/12/02/...-congress/

Quote:Admitted Nazi Arthur Jones Running For Congress Again In Bid To Challenge Rep. Dan Lipinski

Quote:CHICAGO (CBS) — Self-avowed Nazi and Holocaust denier Arthur Jones is making another bid for Congress, two years after getting 26% of the vote in his failed bid against U.S. Rep Dan Lipinski.
Jones, of Lyons, has filed nominating petitions to run as a Republican in the 3rd congressional district in 2020, but unlike his previous attempts to defeat Lipinski, this time he’s not the only Republican in the race.
Will County Board Member Mike Fricilone, of Homer Glen, also has filed nominating petitions to get on the ballot in the Republican primary.
Despite admitting he was once a member of the American Nazi Party and remains a denier of the Holocaust, Jones got 57,885 votes in 2018 when he ran against Lipinski.
“If I really believed the Holocaust had taken place, I wouldn’t have joined the Nazi Party,” Jones told the Daily Southtown in 2018.

In case anyone wonders how stupid a lot of 'Murrican voters are!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Who the fuck votes for such abhorrent people?
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Cavebear, Phaedrus

(12-02-2019, 08:27 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/12/02/...-congress/

Quote:Admitted Nazi Arthur Jones Running For Congress Again In Bid To Challenge Rep. Dan Lipinski

Quote:CHICAGO (CBS) — Self-avowed Nazi and Holocaust denier Arthur Jones is making another bid for Congress, two years after getting 26% of the vote in his failed bid against U.S. Rep Dan Lipinski.
Jones, of Lyons, has filed nominating petitions to run as a Republican in the 3rd congressional district in 2020, but unlike his previous attempts to defeat Lipinski, this time he’s not the only Republican in the race.
Will County Board Member Mike Fricilone, of Homer Glen, also has filed nominating petitions to get on the ballot in the Republican primary.
Despite admitting he was once a member of the American Nazi Party and remains a denier of the Holocaust, Jones got 57,885 votes in 2018 when he ran against Lipinski.
“If I really believed the Holocaust had taken place, I wouldn’t have joined the Nazi Party,” Jones told the Daily Southtown in 2018.

In case anyone wonders how stupid a lot of 'Murrican voters are!

I would think the Democrats would be thrilled at having the Republican vote split.

(12-02-2019, 08:49 PM)Szuchow Wrote: Who the fuck votes for such abhorrent people?

Abhorrent people?
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, RobbyPants

(12-02-2019, 08:55 PM)Dom Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 08:49 PM)Szuchow Wrote: Who the fuck votes for such abhorrent people?

Abhorrent people?

Most likely. How much of a shit stain one must be to vote for former nazi?

Socrates.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(12-02-2019, 08:49 PM)Szuchow Wrote: ... Who the fuck votes for such abhorrent people? ...

Could there be any stronger proof that human beings should never be permitted to vote?  Unfortunately, up until recently, people submitting votes was the only alternative to reading tea leaves or sheep entrails, although an honest comparison of outcomes from ALL methods probably would show negligible differences.

But today we have machines such as IBM's Watson we could (and should) delegate most of our decisions to, unclouded by all the infinite distractions that hobble the human mind.

In the meantime it's the Deplorables we should be keeping an eye on; they're the ones making t-shirts and hats and leasing campaign office space

(12-02-2019, 09:03 PM)Szuchow Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 08:55 PM)Dom Wrote:

Abhorrent people?

Bollocks.

One needs to just be ignorant and perhaps not very bright. People  are not necessarily bad  people because they don't share your world view.  Life  experiences differ, and with those differences come different truths

From my observation a great many people supported Hitler and the Nazis before AND after he was elected chancellor. A great many were party members as far as I know.    

Or do you believe the collective guilt of the German people?  I do not.

(12-02-2019, 09:36 PM)airportkid Wrote: But today we have machines such as IBM's Watson we could (and should) delegate most of our decisions to, unclouded by all the infinite distractions that hobble the human mind.

So that we can elect someone named Fatal Error or Stack Overflow?
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • airportkid

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Dānu

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

MAGA idiots.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Szuchow

[Image: D-K-jetU0AAABPv.jpg]
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(12-02-2019, 09:36 PM)grympy Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 09:03 PM)Szuchow Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 08:55 PM)Dom Wrote: Abhorrent people?

Bollocks.

One needs to just be ignorant and perhaps not very bright. People  are not necessarily bad  people because they don't share your world view.  Life  experiences differ, and with those differences come different truths

From my observation a great many people supported Hitler and the Nazis before AND after he was elected chancellor.  A great many were party members as far as I know.    

Or do you believe the collective guilt of the German people?  I do not.

I do believe that if a voter doesn't practice due diligence, and doesn't look into the background and views of a candidate, before selecting them, then they own the result of their vote. Those voters either knew he was a NaZi and voted for him anyway, or didn't do due diligence and cast their vote which could have resulted in foisting the shitstain in question upon the public.

Of course there were Germans who supported Hitler, some knowingly, others out of ignorance. I don't see ignorance of such vile background and views as exculpating the lazy voter. This is not about collective guilt. It's about the guilt of those who voted for the shitstain. Ignorance is no excuse.

(As an aside, I think the idea that the polling results reported by the NaZis were accurate is highly questionable, at best.)
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • isbelldl

Deplorables.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 2 users Like Chas's post:
  • Szuchow, Minimalist

Abhorrent people. And Fox News adherents...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • RobbyPants, Szuchow

In America? Mostly Republicans, these days. It wasn't always like that, mind you.

Still, don't call people who vote for actual Nazis "deplorable". That's super rude, apparently, and civility is important to Nazi apologists.
The following 3 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Cavebear, Szuchow, Finite Monkeys

Abhorrent 'Muricans who are anything but American.

Except in the end it should be about being American so much as it should be about being human.

(12-03-2019, 01:23 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:

In America? Mostly Republicans, these days. It wasn't always like that, mind you.

Still, don't call people who vote for actual Nazis "deplorable". That's super rude, apparently, and civility is important to Nazi apologists.

I appreciate the sarc... One mustn't upset Nazis, after all.

The "I Was Not A Nazi Polka":
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Minimalist

(12-02-2019, 09:36 PM)grympy Wrote: Bollocks.

Your post is sure full of them.

Quote:One needs to just be ignorant and perhaps not very bright. People  are not necessarily bad  people because they don't share your world view.

To vote on - former - nazi in this day and age when books about their crimes are numbered in thousands mere stupidity is not sufficient, certain dose of maliciousness is also needed I would say. Also I don't think that people who don't share my worldview are bad but I'm willing to risk stating that people supporting nazis are failures of human beings and all around wastes of space.

Quote:Life  experiences differ, and with those differences come different truths

Life experiences certainly differ but this does not mean that people finding nazi message to be good aren't delusional clowns, racists and just scum in general. 

Quote:From my observation a great many people supported Hitler and the Nazis before AND after he was elected chancellor.  A great many were party members as far as I know.

Then your observations are wrong or not precise enough as before economic crisis Hitler was supported by tiny part of populace. Check the voting results.

Also so fucking what? Fact that nazis indeed had measure of popular support means shit in context of people reasons for voting for them. It certainly does not mean that those who voted on nazis were good, nor it does mean that nazis were right.

Quote:Or do you believe the collective guilt of the German people?  I do not.

I leave belief to theists but I put the blame on people like Hindenburg who gave Hitler office of chancellor. Those who voted on nazis also aren't blameless. But to be frank what was then has nothing to do with what happens now - people voted for nazis before Shoah was something more than strangely sounding word. People who vote for - former - nazi now do not have comfort of not knowing what happened.

Socrates.
The following 4 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Cavebear, grympy, Finite Monkeys, Thumpalumpacus

Calling such people deplorable would be a compliment and unwarranted one. Perhaps I could come with sufficiently offensive names for such people in Polish but in English pathetic pieces of shit will have to suffice.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Cavebear, RobbyPants, Finite Monkeys

(12-03-2019, 03:20 PM)Szuchow Wrote:

Calling such people deplorable would be a compliment and unwarranted one. Perhaps I could come with sufficiently offensive names for such people in Polish but in English pathetic pieces of shit will have to suffice.

Completely uneducated blithering idiots?
The following 3 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Szuchow, grympy, Finite Monkeys

(12-03-2019, 03:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:20 PM)Szuchow Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 01:23 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: In America? Mostly Republicans, these days. It wasn't always like that, mind you.

Still too light.

Name calling aside I hope that whoever voted for this piece of shit was simply ignorant simpleton. Otherwise situation is far more serious.

Socrates.
  • Cavebear

(12-03-2019, 03:43 PM)Szuchow Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:20 PM)Szuchow Wrote: Calling such people deplorable would be a compliment and unwarranted one. Perhaps I could come with sufficiently offensive names for such people in Polish but in English pathetic pieces of shit will have to suffice.

Still too light.

Name calling aside I hope that whoever voted for this piece of shit was simply ignorant simpleton. Otherwise situation is far more serious.

I'm newish here and still trying to be slightly polite. But I sure wouldn't mind saying that Trump is a freaking camel turd who is dumber than a box of rocks and if he had a heart attack, I sure wouldn't grieve. If I could get away with that, of course...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Finite Monkeys

(12-03-2019, 03:50 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:43 PM)Szuchow Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote: Completely uneducated blithering idiots?

Still too light.

I'm newish here and still trying to be slightly polite.  But I sure wouldn't mind saying that Trump is  a freaking camel turd who is dumber than a box of rocks and if he had a heart attack, I sure wouldn't grieve.  If I could get away with that, of course...

I'm past being polite, at least in matters like this. Whoever votes for nazi does not deserve politeness.

Socrates.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Finite Monkeys, Chas

(12-03-2019, 03:16 PM)Szuchow Wrote:

Quote:One needs to just be ignorant and perhaps not very bright. People  are not necessarily bad  people because they don't share your world view.

To vote on - former - nazi in this day and age when books about their crimes are numbered in thousands mere stupidity is not sufficient, certain dose of maliciousness is also needed I would say. Also I don't think that people who don't share my worldview are bad but I'm willing to risk stating that people supporting nazis are failures of human beings and all around wastes of space.

Quote:Life  experiences differ, and with those differences come different truths

Life experiences certainly differ but this does not mean that people finding nazi message to be good aren't delusional clowns, racists and just scum in general. 

Quote:From my observation a great many people supported Hitler and the Nazis before AND after he was elected chancellor.  A great many were party members as far as I know.

Then your observations are wrong or not precise enough as before economic crisis Hitler was supported by tiny part of populace. Check the voting results.

Also so fucking what? Fact that nazis indeed had measure of popular support means shit in context of people reasons for voting for them. It certainly does not mean that those who voted on nazis were good, nor it does mean that nazis were right.

I leave belief to theists but I put the blame on people like Hindenburg who gave Hitler office of chancellor. Those who voted on nazis also aren't blameless. But to be frank what was then has nothing to do with what happens now - people voted for nazis before Shoah was something more than strangely sounding word. People who vote for - former - nazi now do not have comfort of not knowing what happened.

The people in question are idiots who have voted for Nazis, for whatever reason.   I suspect 26% of the vote is a few thousand people . To demonise them as a group is  is an absurd  generalisation. You have provided no  evidence for your position in this instance 

I've tried reason with you before, only to be confronted with emotional dogmatism for having the audacity  to disagree .

That's all I have to say on this topic. I guess I need to agree to differ .

(12-03-2019, 09:10 PM)grympy Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:16 PM)Szuchow Wrote:

The people in question are idiots who have voted for Nazis, for whatever reason.   I suspect 26% of the vote is a few thousand people . To demonise them as a group is  is an absurd  generalisation. You have provided no  evidence for your position in this instance 

I've tried reason with you before, only to be confronted with emotional dogmatism for having the audacity  to disagree .

That's all I have to say on this topic. I guess I need to agree to differ .

Calling people who vote for (former) nazi shit stains is hardly a demonization, it is merely stating the fact - they're so ignorant that they didn't know fro whom they vote, they don't object to it or they support it. None of mentioned things is defensible. But feel free to spout crap about how their life experiences led them to another truth or other drivel like this when nazism was fucking pinnacle of evil ideology.

Frankly you flatter yourself too much. You wrote some crap accusing me of deeming people to be bad cause they disagree with me and then went further into rabbit hole with this different truth thingy and irrelevant and wrong (or rather not precise enough) mention of Hitler years. None of this is reasoning worthy of anything else than far from courteous reply you received. Also I guess saying that you've been confronted with emotional dogmatism is easier to say than admitting to a blunder.

Socrates.
  • Thumpalumpacus