Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kinds of things do you want from virtual reality?

Assuming that the technology improves greatly. For me I would love an interactive VR encyclopedia, and I mentioned it in another thread, but a VR simulation of the Universe would be great as well.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Alan V, Cavebear

Nature without the hardship and danger. Walk among lions and bears, enjoy the glittering world of ice and snow and so forth.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Cavebear

Virtual tourism would be nice.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Cavebear

Virtual history class would be cool. Time machine history class would be better.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Alan V, GenesisNemesis, Cavebear

VIRTUAL reality? Why?

---I guess reality is OK to visit if you must, but I wouldn't want to live there.

There was once an appalling idea called "Second Life.' It was boring as dog shit. Appalled again to just discover it seems to be still going .

Then there was "Surrogates" with Bruce Willis. Surely a cautionary tale.

The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(12-03-2019, 03:10 AM)grympy Wrote: VIRTUAL reality?  Why?

---I guess reality is OK to visit if you must,  but I wouldn't want to live there.

There was once an appalling idea called "Second Life.' It was boring as dog shit.  Appalled  again to just discover it seems to be still going .

Then there was  "Surrogates"  with Bruce Willis.  Surely a cautionary tale.

Because you could do stuff like manipulate "matter" via telekinesis in virtual reality when you wouldn't be able to do that in real life. There's a ton of interactivity we would have in virtual reality that we can't in real life. Would be cool to have superpowers like that, wouldn't it? Tongue

Btw, a family friend is an actor and played a character in that movie. Same family friend was also in The Walking Dead, and Band of Brothers. Met him when I was a kid.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Cavebear

(12-03-2019, 03:28 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Because you could do stuff like manipulate "matter" via telekinesis in virtual reality when you wouldn't be able to do that in real life. There's a ton of interactivity we would have in virtual reality that we can't in real life. Would be cool to have superpowers like that, wouldn't it? Tongue

It would be so freaking cool to change the channels on my tv without having to get up!
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Sex. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it.
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(12-03-2019, 03:28 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:10 AM)grympy Wrote: VIRTUAL reality?  Why?

---I guess reality is OK to visit if you must,  but I wouldn't want to live there.

There was once an appalling idea called "Second Life.' It was boring as dog shit.  Appalled  again to just discover it seems to be still going .

Then there was  "Surrogates"  with Bruce Willis.  Surely a cautionary tale.

Because you could do stuff like manipulate "matter" via telekinesis in virtual reality when you wouldn't be able to do that in real life. There's a ton of interactivity we would have in virtual reality that we can't in real life. Would be cool to have superpowers like that, wouldn't it? Tongue

Btw, a family friend is an actor and played a character in that movie. Same family friend was also in The Walking Dead, and Band of Brothers. Met him when I was a kid.

Flying would be interesting...
I just believe in one less deity than most people.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Seriously, experiencing zero gravity in space, swimming deep in the ocean, and joining a flock of geese would be very interesting. There are so many possible experiences we can't currently do.
I just believe in one less deity than most people.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I haven't got a VR and the only thing stopping me has been I question if they'll give the user migraines when I'm already prone to them.
I'm weird, but I really want a game where I can sculpt things not draw i need 3d to understand what i'm doing.
The following 1 user Likes TristanJ's post:
  • GenesisNemesis