Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Spelfie' App Takes Photos of You from Space

https://www.space.com/space-selfies-app-spelfie.html

Quote:Space selfies are now a thing.

A free app called Spelfie lets users snap photos of themselves from very high above, courtesy of cameras aboard Airbus Earth-observation satellites
Those cameras aren't powerful enough to capture your grinning face, of course (though they can pick out individual trees and cars, according to Spelfie representatives). But space selfies can provide a new perspective on your attendance at big events like concerts and football games, or serve as platforms for getting the word out about issues that are important to you.

Oh, great. Now astronauts are going to be tripping right into black holes, totally oblivious to their surroundings. Well, natural selection, I guess...
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Aegon

I know what I look like, no need for photos.
The following 3 users Like no one's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Alan V, brunumb

Let me know when they improve the resolution to the point that they can see my middle finger.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard