Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Warning by Anonymous - Trump is incompetent

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/rachel-...-official/

The book "A Warning by Anonymous" will be released on November 19th.  It is written by somebody who was part of the inner circle of aides who worked (or works) with the Trump administration.  MSNBC has received some excerpt from the book that Rachel Maddow read on air, the first excerpts to reach the public.

This is serious stuff.  Trump has all the intellectual ability of a hyperactive 8 year old.  No matter how bad you think Trump is, it is worse than that.  Even as cynical as I am, with as low as my expectations are for Trump, it seems to be in actuality, worse.

I know some of you like to read and don't usually do video, but Rachel's reading of this isn't that long and is worth listening to.  This book is going to be explosive, if the rest is as outlandish as these little excerpts are.  This book is going to put the spineless GOP Senate on the spot when it comes to impeachment.

Give it a listen.  Have your smelling salts handy.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 6 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Alan V, Gawdzilla Sama, SYZ, grympy, Tres Leches, Phaedrus

When i was talking about Trump myself in the past as having the cognitive (and linguistic) abilites of a 6y old i was serious. No hyperbole. I am shocked to read that some people actually thought this kinda stuff was hyperbole.

But you know what, Trump and his character is not the worst part of what i saw in R.M. reading excerpts from the book. Much, MUCH worse are people like the author himself, all the aides, supporters and enablers. If they knew about Trumps cognitive abilities and limitations, why did they start to work or continue for some time in the first place? At the start (of the excerpt R.M. read) the author was making a difference between Trumps impulsiveness and lack of focus (then admitting he gets all pumped up over .ppt clipart n stuff, and wants pictures rather than words to inform himself) compared to his policies with which he campaigned and which the author (and everyone else) claimed to try and hold up. If you find out that the (quote) "leader of the free world" cant focus on more than a single talking point, is unable to absorb writen stuff and needs nice pictures, then you need the fuck to inform authorities that he is maybe not fit for office and needs to be removed, and not to continue ahead on the Titanic in futile attempts to steer clear from an iceberg.

WTF!? How could you think the policies brought up by a man you just described could be and good? Did you actually read them and evaluate for yourself, or were you just blindly following? If you were ok with plicies like building walls n shit, then i must ask you about YOUR own state of mind and if YOU ever were fit to work for ANY kind of president.

tl;dr
Just another try to
#1 get off the Titanic (after having been in the steering house)
and
#2 make a buck out of it

Disgusting
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 4 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • julep, Fireball, Szuchow, Thumpalumpacus

The author of "A Warning" will make no money from this. All profits will be donated to charity. The take away from what Rachel Maddow's reading from this excerpt is, Trump is a moron. Intellectually incapable.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 5 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Alan V, Gawdzilla Sama, Dancefortwo, Tres Leches, Phaedrus

(11-08-2019, 10:50 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: The author of "A Warning" will make no money from this.  All profits will be donated to charity.  The take away from what Rachel Maddow's reading from this excerpt is, Trump is a moron.  Intellectually incapable.
Stil, its not news to me that Trump is, literally, a moron.
Imho my point is still valid, wtf had the author do do with Trump and his MAGA campaign to begin with? WTF was he thinking is gonna happen to the US? WTF was the goal he intended to work for? I still think its apologetics and looking for atonement.
R.I.P. Hannes

I don't think he's a moron, he just never had to deal with the consequences of what he says. This leads to cognitive laziness.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(11-08-2019, 11:41 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:50 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: The author of "A Warning" will make no money from this.  All profits will be donated to charity.  The take away from what Rachel Maddow's reading from this excerpt is, Trump is a moron.  Intellectually incapable.
Stil, its not news to me that Trump is, literally, a moron.
Imho my point is still valid, wtf had the author do do with Trump and his MAGA campaign to begin with? WTF was he thinking is gonna happen to the US? WTF was the goal he intended to work for? I still think its apologetics and looking for atonement.

This is true but if we don't allow for a change of view from some of trumps closest aids then his clueless followers will keep on following.  It was when the rats started to desert the Nixon ship, that's when middle America joined in.
                                                         T4618

(11-08-2019, 12:18 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I don't think he's a moron, he just never had to deal with the consequences of what he says. This leads to cognitive laziness.

I think he is showing early signs of dementia.  His brain is turning to pudding.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Chas, Phaedrus, Bucky Ball

(11-08-2019, 03:31 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 12:18 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I don't think he's a moron, he just never had to deal with the consequences of what he says. This leads to cognitive laziness.

I think he is showing early signs of dementia.  His brain is turning to pudding.

That's my take on it as well. Compare videos of him now and from the 80's and 90's on youtube. He's always been an odious cunt (and wrong) but he used to be far sharper and had a far better command of his native language. I think he has degenerated even throughout his short time in office. If he wins another four years it will become even more obvious.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Alan V, Thumpalumpacus, Chas

Listening to those excerpts was somewhat disturbing... to say the least.

I'm reminded of Trump's TV show "The Apprentice" which was first broadcast in Australia
around fifteen years ago.  The then real estate tycoon Trump was the show's host for the
first fourteen seasons, with the show affording him popularity that allegedly contributed to
his rise to the presidency of the United States.

I can well remember our TV audiences panning Trump's pomposity, arrogance, bullying, and
also his lack of eloquence and articulation.  We saw him—way back then—as nothing more
than a trumped-up [sic ] used car salesman with a loud mouth and a goofy haircut.
We dismissed him and his show as trash TV, with both being a short-lived failure.  Oh boy,
just how wrong were we!

And, at the core of all this debacle, I find myself asking how it is that Trump is where he is
now?  How the fuck did this ever happen?  What went so disastrously wrong with America in
2016 that got this buffoon elected?  And I know all about the US political machinations and the
wars of words, and the lack of voter turnout, and the lack of too many Americans not even
understanding how their antiquated College system works, or what a cunt Trump was and is.

But I'm both flabbered and gasted by how this comedy of errors was ever able to succeed as it has.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 4 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Alan V, Fireball, julep, Tres Leches

Quote:How the fuck did this ever happen?  What went so disastrously wrong with America in

2016 that got this buffoon elected?

Ph. D.'s will be given on that subject in the future but the simplest explanation is two-fold.  On the Democratic side, after 8 years of Obama the Democrats got complacent.  Worse, too many of them thought that they had to have a perfect candidate - even though there is no such thing.

On the right, I'm sad to say that the wise words of H. L. Mencken were forgotten:

Quote:“The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth.”

It was a perfect storm of fuckedupness.... but it had been years in the making.  White 'Murrica couldn't stand the thought of a black man in the White House who wasn't carrying a tray.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • SYZ, Thumpalumpacus

(11-08-2019, 03:31 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I think he is showing early signs of dementia.  His brain is turning to pudding.

I agree it's quite possible at his age.  The first signs of (age 65+) dementia are involved with:

•  language,
•  communication,
•  focus,
•  compromised social and occupational functioning,
•  reasoning.

It's obvious Trump suffers with all of these difficulties.  I'd also guess there's a case for Dunning-Kruger as well.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Alan V, Thumpalumpacus

(11-08-2019, 03:44 PM)SYZ Wrote: Listening to those excerpts was somewhat disturbing... to say the least.

I'm reminded of Trump's TV show "The Apprentice" which was first broadcast in Australia
around fifteen years ago.  The then real estate tycoon Trump was the show's host for the
first fourteen seasons, with the show affording him popularity that allegedly contributed to
his rise to the presidency of the United States.

I can well remember our TV audiences panning Trump's pomposity, arrogance, bullying, and
also his lack of eloquence and articulation.  We saw him—way back then—as nothing more
than a trumped-up [sic ] used car salesman with a loud mouth and a goofy haircut.
We dismissed him and his show as trash TV, with both being a short-lived failure.  Oh boy,
just how wrong were we!

And, at the core of all this debacle, I find myself asking how it is that Trump is where he is
now?  How the fuck did this ever happen?  What went so disastrously wrong with America in
2016 that got this buffoon elected?  And I know all about the US political machinations and the
wars of words, and the lack of voter turnout, and the lack of too many Americans not even
understanding how their antiquated College system works, or what a cunt Trump was and is.

But I'm both flabbered and gasted by how this comedy of errors was ever able to succeed as it has.

It's hard to say what led to this disaster but my guess is that it was the Perfect Political Storm.  A combination of thousands of events that culminated in a baffoon in the White House.   

Some of it was a knee jerk reaction to a black man in the White House, the Democrats nominating Hillary, Hillary not being a very good campaigner,  the press covering trump because he was political entertainment, the electoral college system, the Russians hacking, the Republicans gerrymandering, American elections lasting almost two years....by the time election day arrives people are sick to death of it all and stay home....a largly ignorant population who can be lead around by the nose, the internet separating Americans into little echo chambers groups and a whole bunch of other stuff.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ

Trump incompetent? Is that really news to anyone?  Dodgy
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Tres Leches, LastPoet

So is mine, but that doesn't mean you're crazy.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • grympy

If only the younger generations would actually vote, we'd have this solved in no time.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 5 users Like Dom's post:
  • SYZ, Fireball, Thumpalumpacus, Mark, Tres Leches

(11-08-2019, 04:49 PM)Dom Wrote: If only the younger generations would actually vote, we'd have this solved in no time.

My youngest son wasn't going to bother, but I gave him a little civics lesson/lecture, so he went and voted.  Sun
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 5 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo, Gawdzilla Sama, Thumpalumpacus, Tres Leches

(11-08-2019, 06:31 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/rachel-...-official/

The book "A Warning by Anonymous" will be released on November 19th.  It is written by somebody who was part of the inner circle of aides who worked (or works) with the Trump administration.  MSNBC has received some excerpt from the book that Rachel Maddow read on air, the first excerpts to reach the public.

This is serious stuff.  Trump has all the intellectual ability of a hyperactive 8 year old.  No matter how bad you think Trump is, it is worse than that.  Even as cynical as I am, with as low as my expectations are for Trump, it seems to be in actuality, worse.

I know some of you like to read and don't usually do video, but Rachel's reading of this isn't that long and is worth listening to.  This book is going to be explosive, if the rest is as outlandish as these little excerpts are.  This book is going to put the spineless GOP Senate on the spot when it comes to impeachment.

Give it a listen.  Have your smelling salts handy.

One witch hunt coming up.

You think you've seen paranoid? Wait just a bit. Perhaps  nobody will tell him about the book.    Consider
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Fireball

"Moron" was once a medical definition. Going by the old definition definition, it does seem appropriate ; 

moron  
  • n.
    A person who is considered foolish or stupid.
  • n.
    A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
  • n.
    A variety of salamander.
I've said more than once that the Trump presidency has demonstrated  the moral bankruptcy of [most] elected members of the GOP.

It seems that Trump may not be responsible for his actions. (he would need to be formally assessed by like,I dunno, a psychologist or psychiatrist)   However, his political enablers don't have that  excuse. Their behaviour is appalling, and possibly criminal  (?)

(11-08-2019, 04:43 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

So is mine, but that doesn't mean you're crazy.

You're just a little strange, man.  Trumpolini is batshit crazy.

I'm a little tired of the Anonymous asshole.  Grow some balls like the people who are going to testify against the prick.  Tell us what your street cred is or STFU.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(11-08-2019, 04:49 PM)Dom Wrote: If only the younger generations would actually vote, we'd have this solved in no time.

This is what I tell my son, too. Without your vote, you are without a voice. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Alan V

(11-08-2019, 10:01 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I'm a little tired of the Anonymous asshole.  Grow some balls like the people who are going to testify against the prick.  Tell us what your street cred is or STFU.

I'd proudly out myself, were I in his position. Being right in the eyes of history is priceless.
On hiatus.
  • Fireball

(11-08-2019, 10:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

This is what I tell my son, too. Without your vote, you are without a voice. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Amusing.  Just a couple of days ago Dilbert came up with this take on that observation.

[Image: imageProxy2?img=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.amu...5056a9545d]

Right now, we've got stupid in spades!
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Gwaithmir

(11-08-2019, 10:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Amusing.  Just a couple of days ago Dilbert came up with this take on that observation.

[Image: imageProxy2?img=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.amu...5056a9545d]

Right now, we've got stupid in spades!

How'd that work out in 16?
On hiatus.
  • Dom

Stupid won and the smart lady lost.

I still blame democratic complacency and butthurt Sanders fans.