Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actor reveals transformation from atheism to christianity

(10-08-2019, 01:14 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 12:57 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Brad Pitt peaked in Thelma and Louise. Downhill after that.

I saw him on tv recently promoting his new space movie and he was at NASA's center in Houston talking to astronauts on the space station. How the heck he finagled talking to actual astronauts, I have no idea. But instead of fawning over the astronauts, who are the real celebrities in my opinion, he proceeded ask a few pompous questions about what the astronauts thought about him and his movies. Just a twit.

-Teresa

While all the other gay guys were going gaga over him, I just never saw the appeal.

He was hawt in Thelma and Louise. Cute little butt.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus

(10-08-2019, 12:38 AM)TheGulegon Wrote: I'll hoist it back up on the rails. Shy

Brad Pit doesn't get enough points over saying something to an asshole, after the fact & concerning just his woman, to offset the points he lost by re-joining the LGBT haters! Shake

So much this.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • TheGulegon

(10-08-2019, 01:18 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 01:14 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 12:57 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Brad Pitt peaked in Thelma and Louise. Downhill after that.

I saw him on tv recently promoting his new space movie and he was at NASA's center in Houston talking to astronauts on the space station. How the heck he finagled talking to actual astronauts, I have no idea. But instead of fawning over the astronauts, who are the real celebrities in my opinion, he proceeded ask a few pompous questions about what the astronauts thought about him and his movies. Just a twit.

-Teresa

While all the other gay guys were going gaga over him, I just never saw the appeal.

-Teresa

The old joke about actors as a species; " That's enough about me taking about me. . So tell me, what  do YOU think of me?"

I think actors are often narcissistic and very  insecure. But as Herr Doktor Freud famously did NOT say "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" .
The following 3 users Like grympy's post:
  • Phaedrus, Tres Leches, TheGulegon

(10-08-2019, 01:46 AM)grympy Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 01:18 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: [quote="Phaedrus" pid='152366' dateline='1570497298']

-Teresa

The old joke about actors as a species; " That's enough about me taking about me. . So tell me, what  do YOU think of me?"

I think actors are often narcissistic and very  insecure. But as Herr Doktor Freud famously did  NOT say "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" 

My middle aged sis see to went to see Troy. She said" Call me shallow, but seeing Brad Pitt  in a chiton was worth the price of admission"
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Phaedrus

-Teresa

While he may indeed be a pompous twit IRL, both my wife and I found his performance in Ad Astra to be quite restrained and deliberately not tapping into the pouty-lipped, crooked grinning ethos of the cinema heart-throb -- though he's very capable of it. It was a serious and thoughtful performance (though how much due to his own intuition vs good direction, I don't pretend to know; at a minimum, at least he can follow direction).

The movie is really a highly symbolic examination of what emotionally unavailable / disconnected fathers do to their children (not even just sons, particularly) and how it effects them and the process of transcending those kinds of wounds. My wife, who had just such a father, was spell-bound and said it was spot-on and perfect pitch in explaining the emotional landscape of the symbolically abandoned child. She immediately emailed her brother and said, "you have to watch this ... you'll see what I mean when you watch it."

It's the kind of movie that film students will be deconstructing forever. That's my favorite kind of sci-fi -- where the sci-fi is just the setting, not the main event. It's got to be about characters -- and characters you can care about.
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Tres Leches