Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Comfort has moved from bananas to oranges

From banana to oranges, seems logical for a male. A meat and two veg thing.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • grympy, Fireball

Artificial selection is too complicated to understand for these people.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

(09-27-2019, 09:03 AM)SYZ Wrote: If "God" was so keen to make "his" fruit edible, then why is it we can't eat orange peel or banana skins...
And why did "God" make it so that some people, like myself, who eat bananas feel like someone rubbed the inside of our throats with sandpaper?
Oh wait, that's right, it's because of "the fall". Dodgy
The following 1 user Likes LostLocke's post:
  • skyking

(09-27-2019, 01:04 PM)brewerb Wrote: From banana to oranges, seems logical for a male. A meat and two veg thing.

Ray might be channeling the orange person who occupies the White House.  OOPS!  girl blushing I injected "what's his name" into this thread. Sorrrrrreeeeeeey.   Whistling
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • brewerb

(09-26-2019, 03:58 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe Ray should shove a banana up his ass and tell us why it fits so well?

I've always thought  that teenage boys especially would be very grateful to Mr Comfort.   

I can think of  something shaped a lot like a banana, although usually without the curve, which fits splendidly into the human hand.  Angel
The following 2 users Like grympy's post:
  • Gwaithmir, TheGulegon

I would just note, Ray is still hanging around in the isle with the fruits.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dom

(10-02-2019, 03:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: I would just note, Ray is still hanging around in the isle with the fruits.

Right. He hasn't moved from bananas to oranges because he will always be bananas.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Dom, Bucky Ball

A cow does not fit the human hand. A cow does not have a useful pull tab. A cow does not fit the human mouth.
But we eat them anyway.

Checkmate Mr. Comfort!
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Dom, Inkubus

I think there is very little that we, in the West, eat that isn't a domesticated plant or animal. Virtually all of our fruits and vegetables are human-created and nurtured hybrids and our meat comes from animals that could not exist without us.
There are a few things like fiddleheads, some mushrooms, wild fish and game meat that are not human-created.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dom

(10-02-2019, 05:26 AM)Chas Wrote: I think there is very little that we, in the West, eat that isn't a domesticated plant or animal.  Virtually all of our fruits and vegetables are human-created and nurtured hybrids and our meat comes from animals that could not exist without us.
There are a few things like fiddleheads, some mushrooms, wild fish and game meat that are not human-created.

Plant an orange tree next to a lemon tree. You will get acid oranges and more sweet lemons.

(10-02-2019, 12:06 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Plant an orange tree next to a lemon tree. You will get acid oranges and more sweet lemons.

Just why would that happen?  I'm sensing a myth here.
No gods necessary

(10-03-2019, 12:54 AM)brunumb Wrote: Just why would that happen?  I'm sensing a myth here.

Cross pollination.

(10-03-2019, 11:39 AM)LastPoet Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:54 AM)brunumb Wrote: Just why would that happen?  I'm sensing a myth here.

Cross pollination.

I don't think that would change the existing fruit, but it might on the next generation of trees.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • brunumb

(10-03-2019, 02:21 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: I don't think that would change the existing fruit, but it might on the next generation of trees.

True. if you were to plant the seeds of an orange that had already crossed with a lemon,
or vice versa, the seedlings would produce fruits that combine the flavours of both species.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(10-03-2019, 07:36 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 02:21 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: I don't think that would change the existing fruit, but it might on the next generation of trees.

True.  if you were to plant the seeds of an orange that had already crossed with a lemon,
or vice versa, the seedlings would produce fruits that combine the flavours of both species.

Lies! Nothing but lies! You must be one of them evil lutefisks!
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda