Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Freak Scum!

Jesus Freak Scum!
Criminals.... but it must be okay because jebus loved slavery!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/us/califo...index.html

Quote:California church leaders charged with forced labor of homeless, US attorney says

A dozen leaders of a California-based ministry have been indicted by a federal grand jury, accused of forced labor of mostly homeless people, a US attorney said.

Imperial Valley Ministries leaders recruited people by promising food and shelter, and instead forced them to beg for money for nine hours a day, six days a week and to give up their welfare benefits "for the financial benefit of the church leaders," prosecutors said in a news release Tuesday that announced the indictment had been unsealed.

The ministry leaders will face charges of conspiracy, forced labor, document servitude and benefits fraud, US Attorney Robert Brewer said.

A fine example of church "charity!"
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus

Jesus Freak Scum!
Horrific but, to be fair, this is probably a historically accurate response to "WWJD?"
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • TheGulegon

Jesus Freak Scum!
They need to add one more W in there.

"WWWJD?"

Jesus Freak Scum!
I hope they lose their tax exempt status and the IRS goes after them next.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Jesus Freak Scum!
(09-11-2019, 12:27 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Criminals.... but it must be okay because jebus loved slavery!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/us/califo...index.html

Quote:California church leaders charged with forced labor of homeless, US attorney says

A dozen leaders of a California-based ministry have been indicted by a federal grand jury, accused of forced labor of mostly homeless people, a US attorney said.

Imperial Valley Ministries leaders recruited people by promising food and shelter, and instead forced them to beg for money for nine hours a day, six days a week and to give up their welfare benefits "for the financial benefit of the church leaders," prosecutors said in a news release Tuesday that announced the indictment had been unsealed.

The ministry leaders will face charges of conspiracy, forced labor, document servitude and benefits fraud, US Attorney Robert Brewer said.

A fine example of church "charity!"

I may have to take Drich off ignore to see his reaction to this. It'd be interesting to see if he's developed or expanded his defense of slavery.
<Insert intelligent thought here>

Jesus Freak Scum!
I'm sure he'll trot out some silly shit about how slaves back then were happy to be slaves.

Sure explains all those slave revolts, don't it?

Jesus Freak Scum!
(09-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure he'll trot out some silly shit about how slaves back then were happy to be slaves.

Sure explains all those slave revolts, don't it?

On Slavery: Geez, it must be over thirty Years ago. (my long term memory is fine and dandy) 

Was at a dinner party a mate had  for  a friend  from the US, the deep south US. In those days, I was a lot more opinionated .No, really. 

The topic of slavery came up.  I may have used the phrase 'moral pygmies"  referring to the antebellum US South. The guy proceeded to get off his little bike, telling me slaves were perfectly happy being slaves, and he could prove it!  -----

As luck would have it, his wife (not present) was doing her Master's thesis on exactly that  topic, at some  Southern university.  Turns out wifey had found some original documents  which proved slaves like, being slaves!  The documents   were of  original research done by some [ white] person. Seems he  PERSONALLY interviewed HUNDREDS of slaves, asking them to their face "Do you like being a slave?" The  findings will stun you! 

Seems  100% answered "yes" (or more likely "Yes massa") !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shit you not. 

I took  large swig of wine  as soon as I had stopped laughing . The evening kind of went down hill from there.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Didn't occur to me at the time to ask if slaves  were so fucking happy, why did  thousands run away?  This was pre computers ,so I may not have been aware Consider

Jesus Freak Scum!
Quote:if slaves  were so fucking happy, why did  thousands run away?

Um, "Liberuls."  That's today's answer.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • grympy

Jesus Freak Scum!
(09-11-2019, 05:24 AM)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:if slaves  were so fucking happy, why did  thousands run away?

Um, "Liberuls."  That's today's answer.

Just thinking about some loopy US senator who wants to abolish  further education because it  breeds Liberals.  This is patently absurd, ask any educated conservative.

Everything was as it should be until the twentieth century. Sons (not so many daughters)  of  the  Haute Bourgeois and the upper classes attended schools such as Eton,Harrow and Rugby (I don't say 'were educated at' as  it sounds a bit liberal)  They then  attended one of two universities,   Cambridge or Oxford.  There they read classics or history, being able to converse fluently in Ancient Greek or in Latin. Those with  an IQ equivalent to ambient room temperature were considered gifted, and went to work in The City.  The rest went into the church or the army, often having the decency to die in short  order in some far flung corner of The Empire.   

ALL this changed when some liberal class traitor though it would be a spiffing idea to teach the lower classes to read. The direct result of this largesse has  been the gradual decline of Western  European civilisation. This can be said to Include North America ,with a certain generosity of spirit .

The loopy senator was actually on the right track. Sadly, he missed the point, being one of the members of the lower orders who was taught read a lot and  to understand nothing.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker