Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chocolates

Chocolates
I LOVE chocolate!

I also have type 2 diabetes ,so very little chocolate gets eaten. That means when I do have chocolate, I can splurge and buy the good stuff.

Favourite Supermarket brand, Lindt, dark, with high coca fat content ( I like 80%) I like to crush it and make the BEST hot chocolate I've ever had. Also in chocolate cake, cookies and home made ice cream. This instead of cocoa powder, which is a byproduct.

Favourite candy bars; Mars and snickers.
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • SYZ

Chocolates
I’m not a big chocolate bar candy person—although I used to love chocolate cupcakes. I’ve started to eat healthier though and so now I’m not really craving them like I used to. It was my one vice!  Tongue

Chocolates
Forgot about mint chocolate. Yeah, i like those too. Peppermint mainly. 

(09-08-2019, 11:51 AM)brewerb Wrote: I like my chocolates in shapes. I suppose the most familiar is the easter bunny or santa, but on occasion, 

[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Ahh, i see you like a little variety.  Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Red Belt's post:
  • brewerb, Astreja

Chocolates
Just found an [empty] packet of "Snickers Bites" (unwrapped) bite size pieces of Snickers. $2 from' The Reject Shop' and downright scrummy.

Chocolates
Kit Kat mint dark chocolate looks good.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a271696...late-duos/
Is this sig thing on?

Chocolates
Diabetics, please close your eyes and turn away! 

[Image: giphy.gif]

And whatever this is.  Not sure but ice cream is involved. 

T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ

Chocolates
Out of the "candy bars" i would say i like Dove Dark and York Peppermint best.

Chocolates
I frequently had a Snickers Bar with lunch when I was still working. I was also quite partial to Cadbury Bars with almonds. I'm too old and fat for that sort of thing now and candy of any sort is on my list of foods I can no longer indulge in.  Sad
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Chocolates
I have a distinct preference for milk chocolate, although I'll eat virtually any good quality stuff. I like most Cadbury, as well as Toblerone and Lindt's "Crunchy" bar.

Not a fan of the soft filling in the Lindt balls or in boxed chocolates; if a chocolate has a filling, it has to have at least a bit of chewiness. If you find a box of assorted chocolates and all the caramel toffees are missing, I probably got there before you.
The following 1 user Likes Astreja's post:
  • Alan V

Chocolates
Not a fan of chocolate. That probably explains my girlish figure at 56.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Chocolates
Chocolate no longer exists. It stopped existing over two years ago when I had to give up anything with milk in it or with high saturated fats. A virus killed off all the cocoa plants and what we see sold in shops now is some synthetic version of chocolate that the Illuminati use to control you and turn everyone into fascists.

I know it's difficult to believe but that's what I keep having to remind myself on a daily basis.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • julep, grympy, Alan V

Chocolates
I buy Lindt/Lindor truffle chocolates by the 150 per case about once a year. Hazelnut Milk, Extra Dark, and White. Have 1 maybe 2 per day after dinner, followed with fresh fruits all cut up. I used to have them at my office desk but my female co-workers went nuts knowing they were there so I took them home and put trail mix in the jar.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Chocolates
(09-13-2019, 03:28 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Diabetics, please close your eyes and turn away! 

And whatever this is.  Not sure but ice cream is involved. 

I had Bombe Alaska once. It was in 1971 and it was amazing. (the flame was from good quality cognac) Made at home for a dinner party. The guy with whom I shared was a cordon Bleu Chef.

---when I moved it, I thought "FANTASTIC! I'll have  have some terrific  meals and I'll learn a lot. Not so much. At home he favoured steak, ,chips and salad.  Simple, and perfectly prepared. Because  he was lazy, he taught me to cook chips, (french fries)  but perfectly. These days, I sometimes have oven fries , but no longer eat anything deep fried.

Chocolates
(09-20-2019, 03:41 AM)Dānu Wrote: Not a fan of chocolate.  That probably explains my girlish figure at 56.

Um........any recent photos?  inlove
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)