Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Embarrassing Moment

Most Embarrassing Moment
Mine usually involves falling in front of other people but that's because I insist on wearing heels when I probably shouldn't be lol
The following 4 users Like Jenny's post:
  • skyking, SYZ, Dancefortwo, GenesisNemesis

Most Embarrassing Moment
I got caught fapping once ... yikes.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Jenny, skyking, Szuchow, abaris

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 02:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I got caught fapping once ... yikes.

I didn't know you went in for marijuana.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 02:36 PM)Jenny Wrote: Mine usually involves falling in front of other people but that's because I insist on wearing heels when I probably shouldn't be lol

Much LULZ..... I first read that as "farting"! Sorry Ms Bee, I know that'd not be you.    Heart
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Mark, Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 03:15 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 02:36 PM)Jenny Wrote: Mine usually involves falling in front of other people but that's because I insist on wearing heels when I probably shouldn't be lol

Much LULZ..... I first read that as "farting"!  Sorry Ms Bee, I know that'd not be you.    Heart

Odd the way women never fart and we never stop.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • SYZ, Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 03:16 PM)Mark Wrote:

Much LULZ..... I first read that as "farting"!  Sorry Ms Bee, I know that'd not be you.    Heart

Odd the way women never fart and we never stop.

I burp a lot.  That's why I don't fart.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Jenny, Mark, SYZ

Most Embarrassing Moment
I always wonder when a pro has to sneeze or some such---during, say, the ABT Nutcracker or Whipped Cream---, how a Misty Copeland or even a Betsy McBride would handle that.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
Most embarrassing moment: age 13 through 19.   hobo
The following 4 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Jenny, Vera, Dancefortwo, mordant

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 02:45 PM)Mark Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 02:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I got caught fapping once ... yikes.

i didn't know that was the slang.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
Birth, and every day after.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
Riding my bicycle into the back end of a parked car in full view of a couple dudes sitting on their porch drinking beer when I was young.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Mark, Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment

That would have been funny!  Chuckle
The following 1 user Likes Jenny's post:
  • SYZ

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 05:08 PM)Dānu Wrote: Riding my bicycle into the back end of a parked car in full view of a couple dudes sitting on their porch drinking beer when I was young.

That made me laugh but I wonder how old you were at the time that happened.  I've got a similar story but I may have told it before.

I was in high school back in Maryland, either a freshman or sophomore.  It was summer, middle of the night and I was asleep in nothing but briefs when I got up and went sleep walking for the first and, so far as I know still only, time ever.  Walking down our gravel road barefoot I woke up enough to head back home.  But I overshot it and came up to our neighbor's house instead.  That neighbor was up late drinking as he often did and drunk.  But the door was locked, making think one of my siblings was pranking me.  When I knocked someone asked "who is it", making me even more sure I was being pranked.  So I pounded louder.  Eventually it dawned on me that the windows in the door were different.  Of course at that moment the door opened.  I think I mumbled an apology for having the wrong address and ran home, mortified.
F. D.
  • Jenny, Dancefortwo

Most Embarrassing Moment
Probably dancing in the local bars when people really insisted even though I don't really dance [Image: animated-smileys-dancing-009.gif]

No, but seriously, I can't think of anything especially embarrassing. I might have felt embarrassed for having felt warmth for people who are not worth even a passing thought, much less any feeling, positive *or* negative, but other than this, nothing that I can think of...
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Jenny, Mark

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 04:57 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 02:45 PM)Mark Wrote:

i didn't know that was the slang.

Wait, no.  That would be vaping.
F. D.
  • Jenny, Thumpalumpacus

Most Embarrassing Moment
I think I was wearing heels that time I fell off stage, in the middle of a concert, while I was front and center (playing a duet).  On television.   I shifted my foot and went off the edge of a riser.  Good points: it was local television, and my clarinet was okay. 

Not my most embarrassing moment, but I did recently run across somebody who still remembered it, 10 years later.
god, ugh
The following 3 users Like julep's post:
  • Jenny, Thumpalumpacus, Mark

Most Embarrassing Moment
Having to speak in front of about 100 people to present a stupid project so I could graduate from middle school (I went to a school that focused on art, but I wasn't that good at it). Wasn't good at school in general.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Jenny, Alan V, Mark

Most Embarrassing Moment
Getting beat up in front of my "so-called" peers in junior high.

Also when i rented a place by the beach and had the landlord knock on my door while i was sleeping naked. I woke up to her peeking at me through the curtains so i got up quick to try to put my clothes on but she quickly used her key to open the door and say that i had the air on with the window open. She was probably in her 60's and i was 25 at the time. So it was embarrassing to have an elderly women see me naked at the time. I felt like she did that on purpose. She saw me and just decided to make her way in anyway.
The following 3 users Like Red Belt's post:
  • Jenny, Mark, GenesisNemesis

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 11:03 PM)Red Belt Wrote: Getting beat up in front of my "so-called" peers in junior high.

Also when i rented a place by the beach and had the landlord knock on my door while i was sleeping naked. I woke up to her peeking at me through the curtains so i got up quick to try to put my clothes on but she quickly used her key to open the door and say that i had the air on with the window open. She was probably in her 60's and i was 25 at the time. So it was embarrassing to have an elderly women see me naked at the time. I felt like she did that on purpose. She saw me and just decided to make her way in anyway.

Sorry you got beat up  Undecided
The following 2 users Like Jenny's post:
  • Red Belt, GenesisNemesis

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-11-2019, 11:16 PM)Jenny Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 11:03 PM)Red Belt Wrote: Getting beat up in front of my "so-called" peers in junior high.

... by a 60-year-old lady, no less.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Mark, GenesisNemesis

Most Embarrassing Moment
I can only think of one, when I was a kid.

As part of PE class, we daily had to run around the field. For some reason, I wasn't looking in front of me and I ran smack into a tether ball pole.

[Image: 17a84d579f25bcef0ae01cb8b4a3a3dd.jpg]

Hurt like heck it did.
The following 3 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Jenny, Dānu, Thumpalumpacus

Most Embarrassing Moment
(08-12-2019, 01:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 11:16 PM)Jenny Wrote:

... by a 60-year-old lady, no less.

That would've been much less embarrassing. At least that is excusable. Now if i were to beat up a 60 year old lady, now that is something to be embarrassed about.
The following 4 users Like Red Belt's post:
  • Mark, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
I've had so many over the years, I don't really get embarrassed any more. It's better to laugh at yourself and join in with everybody than be worried about if you've made a boob of yourself.
The following 3 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Mark, skyking, Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
My most embarrassing moment came one afternoon during the mid-1990's while I was at work. At the time, I was a Tool & Die Maker operating an engine lathe in a machine shop in Easthampton, MA. Shortly after lunch, my attention was focused on some close-tolerance parts I was making. I was in the middle of taking a finish cut on one of these parts when I felt, what I thought, was a build-up of gas in my intestines. Work areas were about 30' apart in that section of the shop, so I had no qualms about releasing a huge fart. Unfortunately, it turned out to be diarrhea and, distracted as I was, I ended up filling my pants.

I immediately went to the Men's Room and cleaned myself as best I could. I rolled up my underpants in some newspaper and threw them in the trash. I then made my way to the office and told my brother, who was company manager at the time, that I was in distress and had to take the rest of the day off. I could tell, from the expressions on the faces of a few of my co-workers who looked up in surprise from their work as I passed by, that I must have smelled awful. Fortunately, I didn't have another accident on the 50-minute drive home.   Blush
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Mark, SYZ, Thumpalumpacus, Jenny

Most Embarrassing Moment
LOL... the dreaded follow-through.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Jenny