Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid things the religious say

(07-30-2020, 11:39 AM)Vera Wrote: "Even if you think the Big Bang created the stars, don't you wonder who sent the flowers?"

1-800-Flowers? Facepalm

By the same profound thinker (who actually has a disparaging quote about people unable to think. The irony is palpable like stage four cancer): "Question reality, especially if it contradicts the evidence of your hopes and dreams."

back off, reality. I'm on a roll here!

"Cain murdered his brother, Abel."

No, Cain sacrificed his brother. There's a difference.

...or maybe not. Whatever.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

Wendy Wright is, hands down, the poster child for creationist stupidity. In my entire life, I've never seen a worse example of closed-minded, intellectual illiteracy. In my honest opinion, she tops even Ken Ham and Kent Hovind in cranial vacancy. Richard Dawkins should have been awarded a medal for his patience in this interview. Most people I know couldn't stand watching the whole thing because Wright's statements were such an insult to an educated person's intelligence.

“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

It takes skill to be that stupid.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

(08-09-2020, 11:23 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: It takes skill to be that stupid.

People like that take great care never to think beyond their indoctrination or entertain the notion that they've learned might be wrong. When she claimed that creationists view the evidence that Dawkins mentioned, she's a liar. If you offered her the latest college text on evolution and challenged her to read it with the idea of understanding it, it's most likely that she'd refuse, saying that she doesn't have to read stuff like that because she already knows her beliefs are true. This is the reply I have received from every creationist I've discussed evolution with, without exception, and there have been dozens.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dānu, Little Lunch, mordant

(08-09-2020, 11:36 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

People like that take great care never to think beyond their indoctrination or entertain the notion that they've learned might be wrong. When she claimed that creationists view the evidence that Dawkins mentioned, she's a liar. If you offered her the latest college text on evolution and challenged her to read it with the idea of understanding it, it's most likely that she'd refuse, saying that she doesn't have to read stuff like that because she already knows her beliefs are true. This is the reply I have received from every creationist I've discussed evolution with, without exception, and there have been dozens.

The chains the slave will never be free of are the ones they put on themselves.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Little Lunch

It's hard to know whether the chains are meant to be there when you've had them on since birth.

And then you look around and the people not wearing chains are all arseholes. :-)

Not skill (which implies discipline) so much as will.