Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid things the religious say

(12-11-2019, 06:32 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 08:43 AM)NorthernBen Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 05:11 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: How about the horrifying thought that the serial killer, Jeffrey Dahmer, who killed and possibly ate some of his 17 victims, converted to Christianity.  He accepted Jesbus as his savior so if you believe Christian dogma shit then Jeffrey Dahmer is up in heaven along with his half eaten victims.  

And just for giggles, imagine Hitler went through the same Christian born again crap, would he be in heaven with Anne Frank and the other six million victims?   Doesn't afterlife sound fun?

Worse still, Cliff Richard is gonna be there, imagine an eternity of that shit.

I had to google Clif Richard because I couldn't remember what he sang.  Ewwww.    

Just thinking of the putrid, insipid people who, according to christian doctrine, are going to be in heaven makes my stomach turn.  Blah!

Imagine this piece of shit in heaven.  

Didn't watch the clip; the photo of Tammy singing reminded me of Imelda Marcos singing,I don't know why (  I visited the Philippines with my wife when Marcos was in power, in 1979. It was both fascinating and scary)

As for Cliff. In my politically incorrect youth of the  1960's,  Cliff was considered  a bit  wet and  poofy. As I learned to be more politically correct, I  expressed that that  view as there being something 'off' about Cliff.  Still think so.

(12-16-2019, 02:25 PM)NorthernBen Wrote: Why do you hate god?

You just ignore the evidence.

Hitler was an atheist.

A Catholic nun once sent me a letter stating that she thought I was not really an atheist, but was merely angry with God. I sent her an atheist tract titled Ten Common Myths About Atheists which covered that particular notion. The only reply I got (months later) was a sappy "Jesus loves you" greeting card.  Some people never learn.Facepalm
The following 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, NorthernBen, Dancefortwo, Old Man Marsh

Christian pastor: Trump is being too nice — ‘He needs to get meaner’

https://deadstate.org/christian-pastor-t...et-meaner/

Quote:For evangelical pastor and conspiracy theorist Rodney Howard-Browne, it’s not enough that President Donald Trump continually browbeats Democrats and whines about their every move on Twitter. No, Howard-Browne contends that Trump “needs to get meaner.” And he said so in a video he live-streamed on Periscope Wednesday, Right Wing Watch reports.

Howard-Browne, one of a group of evangelicals who famously laid hands on the president and prayed over him in the Oval Office, and raged at people trolling the comments section of the video.

“You don’t even know what you are talking about,” he snapped. “Stick it where the sun don’t shine. You think I care about your opinion? You think I care about what you think?”

No difference between being a religious fundamentalist and being a bully.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Fireball

(12-21-2019, 08:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: “You think I care about your opinion? You think I care about what you think?”

Another all-mouth-no-ears personality.  Virtually without exception the space between where ears would be is hard vacuum.  Way too many of those crowding the planet.

[Image: Megaphonehead.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes airportkid's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

You've got time to change.

He loves you.

How do you know that god doesn't exist?

It's obvious that everything has been designed.
He loves me?  Facepalm

(12-18-2019, 02:35 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 02:25 PM)NorthernBen Wrote: Why do you hate god?

You just ignore the evidence.

Hitler was an atheist.

A Catholic nun once sent me a letter stating that she thought I was not really an atheist, but was merely angry with God. I sent her an atheist tract titled Ten Common Myths About Atheists which covered that particular notion. The only reply I got (months later) was a sappy "Jesus loves you" greeting card.  Some people never learn.Facepalm

It would have been fun to write back and say... "I'm sorry to tell you this but Jesus has been dead for 2000 years.  He no more loves me than Julius Caesar or Cleopatra. And they've been dead even longer!"
                                                         T4618