Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is god to me ?

What is god to me ?
(07-14-2019, 12:10 PM)Nogba Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 08:42 AM)Astreja Wrote:
(07-13-2019, 12:58 PM)Nogba Wrote: don't get mad because you can be athiest and go to heaven ( I'm NOT trying to seduce you here ) any way this is an other topic

In my view, both heaven and  your god are imaginary.  I also have no desire to live forever, and definitely no desire to spend eternity stuck in one place.

You have nothing that I want, and many, many things that I do not  want.  You're just one more brainwashed believer who thinks he has proof when he doesn't even have evidence.

I can see that, if what is in the picture is you, no one with 60 years or above want any thing from life any more.

what if i told you that you chose to come here, and god removed you memories ? it sounds ridiculous i see but anyway.

You think that when a person turns sixty they plop themselves down on a couch and wait to die?  Your lack of understanding about the nature of the real world is startling.  And deeply ignorant.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

What is god to me ?
God is a pimple on the ass of humanity.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus, brunumb

What is god to me ?
Well I read the entire thread so far (that's 40 minutes of life I won't be getting back) and it is my considered opinion that there's a troll underneath our bridge.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

What is god to me ?
(07-15-2019, 02:10 AM)adey67 Wrote: Well I read the entire thread so far (that's 40 minutes of life I won't be getting back) and it is my considered opinion that there's a troll underneath our bridge.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

I could have summed it up for you :

Someone has an invisible friend which he can't describe and doesn't want you to describe sumpin' sumpin' loops.
Test

What is god to me ?
At the end of the day all that he has is belief.

"I believe that such and such must be so because I don't believe that so and so could possibly be so."

And he calls that reasoning. Facepalm
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • Deesse23

What is god to me ?
My summary (skimming quickly)

"Everything has a cause! Therefore God!"

"What caused God?"

What is god to me ?
He has been over AF.org too. The thread title is different, the content, same bullshit.

What is god to me ?
(07-15-2019, 02:44 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: My summary (skimming quickly)

"Everything has a cause!  Therefore God!"

"What caused God?"

A titan farted.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

What is god to me ?
(07-14-2019, 08:15 PM)Astreja Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 12:10 PM)Nogba Wrote: I can see that, if what is in the picture is you, no one with 60 years or above want any thing from life any more.

That is an outright lie.  Shame on you for trying to tell me what I want -- that is utterly disgusting.

I want many more things from life.  I want to play music.  I want to travel.  I want to read interesting books (and publish books that I'm currently writing), cook delicious food, watch solar eclipses, and generally have as many experiences as I can in the next 30-40 years or so.

I'm Nogba, I came back to apologize, that was rude from me, i was affected by the others angry comments, i'm sorry.

What is god to me ?
(07-15-2019, 09:24 PM)Nogba2 Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 08:15 PM)Astreja Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 12:10 PM)Nogba Wrote: I can see that, if what is in the picture is you, no one with 60 years or above want any thing from life any more.

That is an outright lie.  Shame on you for trying to tell me what I want -- that is utterly disgusting.

I want many more things from life.  I want to play music.  I want to travel.  I want to read interesting books (and publish books that I'm currently writing), cook delicious food, watch solar eclipses, and generally have as many experiences as I can in the next 30-40 years or so.

I'm Nogba, I came back to apologize, that was rude from me, i was affected by the others angry comments, i'm sorry.

Use your old account. You are not allowed to have 2, it's against the rules.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

What is god to me ?
The whole God stuff is based solely on empty assertions. That there is a god. Only one God. That God is not a material being. That God has always existed. That God created everything, including math and logic. That there is such a thing as a supernatural realm. That God dwells there. That God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent. That the Universe had a beginning , created by God.

No evidence is presented for any of these propositions. The disconfirming problems developed by these claims, the problem of evil, free will and more are hand waved away with ad hoc nonsense. More unprovable assertions.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Heaping up mounds of empty assertions and doubtful hypotheses with no evidence is not evidence.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

What is god to me ?
Nogba, if you're reading this, your apology is rejected. I do not under any circumstances forgive people who tell lies about me.

What is god to me ?

What an offensive, discriminatory and ageist comment.  It's more than obvious you're a
very young individual, lacking in any wordly experience and blinded by the religious
absurdities probably inculcated in you by your theist parents.  It's also obvious that you
have no real  knowledge of the religion you follow so undeviatingly—to the point of
not even considering for a moment any alternative possibilities suggested by us.

You've repeatedly refused to engage in any meaningful dialogue with us, other than
reiterating how wrong we and all atheists are—that you know it all, and we know nothing
at all about religion.

You're so pompously single-minded that it's become pointless even attempting to engage with
you.  There's just no point in lecturing us; you seem to have forgotten you're on an atheist
forum after all, and I'm guessing that we—collectively—know a lot more about your holy book
than you do.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.