Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Digging, Boys!

Keep Digging, Boys!
You never know what you will find!

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/oldest ... ion-clock/

Quote:‘Oldest remains’ outside Africa reset human migration clock

Two fossilised but badly damaged skulls unearthed in a Greek cave in the 1970s were identified as Neanderthal at the time.

In findings presented in the journal Nature, an international team of researchers used state-of-the art computer modelling and uranium dating to re-examine the two skulls.

One of them, named Apidima 2 after the cave in which the pair were found, proved to be 170,000 years old and did indeed belong to a Neanderthal.

But, to the shock of scientists, the skull named Apidima 1 pre-dated Apidima 2 by as much as 40,000 years, and was determined to be that of a Homo sapiens.

Among other things it means that HSS and HNS co-existed for a very long time. 

Too bad the Trumptards and xhristards never evolved!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • vulcanlogician, Gwaithmir

Keep Digging, Boys!
I know Neanderthals still exist, they are the folks who refuse to live near my cousins.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Minimalist

Keep Digging, Boys!
(07-10-2019, 08:02 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I know Neanderthals still exist, they are the folks who refuse to live near my cousins.

Yep, I even found some who refuse to put down the toilet seats!
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Keep Digging, Boys!
I wonder what neanderthals would do with a toilet seat?  Probably try to eat it!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Keep Digging, Boys!
(07-10-2019, 08:45 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I wonder what neanderthals would do with a toilet seat?  Probably try to eat it!

They weren't stupid. Seeing as we learn more and more about them, they seem to have been on par with homo sapiens. Just not as many.

What you assume there would rather be something Trump and his followers would do. Probably not trying to eat it but being pushed to the limits of their mental capacities as far as functionality is concerned.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]