Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerful One-off Flashes of Energy From 3.6 billion Light Years Away
Information 
I wonder what the religionists will have to say about this?  Maybe it's their gods talking
to us heathens, or the Christian god sending them a message about curing cancer?

Astronomers pinpoint origin of elusive fast radio burst to a distant galaxy

One-off fast radio bursts (FRB) were first discovered in 2007, but we've never been able to pin
down where they come from.  Astronomers used the Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder
telescope in Western Australia to pinpoint the location of a newly discovered FRB. Identifying where
FRBs come from will help work out what causes them, and allow us to probe intergalactic space.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 8 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Dom, brewerb, Deesse23, Dancefortwo, tomilay, Vera, Paleophyte, brunumb

I know what it is.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 6 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dom, brewerb, SYZ, jerry mcmasters, Bucky Ball, Paleophyte

3.6? Not great, not terrible.

(06-27-2019, 10:44 PM)SYZ Wrote: I wonder what the religionists will have to say about this?  Maybe it's their gods talking
to us heathens, or the Christian god sending them a message about curing cancer?

Astronomers pinpoint origin of elusive fast radio burst to a distant galaxy

One-off fast radio bursts (FRB) were first discovered in 2007, but we've never been able to pin
down where they come from.  Astronomers used the Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder
telescope in Western Australia to pinpoint the location of a newly discovered FRB. Identifying where
FRBs come from will help work out what causes them, and allow us to probe intergalactic space.

It's the Lost In Space crew.  Their old timey radio exploded and sent out a radio burst.  The crew is still confused, still wandering about aimlessly and Major Don West still hasn't made any attempts to woo Penny Robinson.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ