Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fate of Schrödinger's Cat Can be Reversed
Information 
Fate of Schrödinger's Cat Can be Reversed
"Schrödinger’s cat might not only be dead or alive, but also brought back from the brink,
according to scientists who said they have discovered a warning sign for quantum transitions
once thought to be instantaneous and unpredictable.  The upshot is that the fate of
Schrödinger’s cat can not only be predicted shortly in advance but even reversed once
under way, the scientists said."

New research casts doubt on idea that a quantum jump is instant and unpredictable

Incidentally, I've always disagreed with the assertion that until the box is opened, the cat
is both dead and alive at the same time.  This is just another silly example of a
purely philosophical alternative for what's a known fact.  The cat is dead OR alive;
it's impossible to be both at the same time—which of course we know. The simple fact is
we don't know until lifting the lid of the box.   What if I close my eyes before opening the
box? Schrödinger posited an ultimately nonsensical thought experiment and its outcome.
Was he just having a joke with us?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Alan V, Phaedrus