Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game #9: The Resistance

(05-14-2019, 09:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: I'm cool with the pics.

What do I do, VL? Wait till Mooney makes the official post, then post my own:

YES

in bold?

You are good to vote now.

For future reference: when the mission leader announces his/her team, voting may immediately commence.

YES

(05-14-2019, 10:15 PM)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 09:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: I'm cool with the pics.

What do I do, VL? Wait till Mooney makes the official post, then post my own:

YES

in bold?

You are good to vote now.

For future reference: when the mission leader announces his/her team, voting may immediately commence.

So I need to vote, again, or does mine & Losty's votes, posted before this reply count?

(05-14-2019, 10:58 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: So I need to vote, again, or does mine & Losty's votes, posted before this reply count?

Your vote is fine. It counts. (You ninja'd me with your vote.)
The following 1 user Likes vulcanlogician's post:
  • TheGulegon

Lmmmaaaaoooo I'm an idiot

YES

YES

HAMMER

[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]

D1 votes:

mlmooney: yes
Paleophyte: yes
Losty: yes
Tartarus sauce: yes
TheGulegon: yes

Losty and Paleo have returned from their mission.

Pass votes: 2

Fail Votes: 0

MISSION SUCCESS!!!

Day 2 Begins

Paleophyte is mission leader. He will nominate 3 operatives to go on mission 2.

He has until 2 am EST on 5/16 to make his nomination.

OK, before I propose a team I'd like to hear why everybody voted the way they did. Let's get some discussion going.

I'd also like to hear why Mooney nominated Losty and me for M1. Doing something peculiar in these games looks odd. Not knowing why you did it looks bad. Not going on the mission and not having a good reason would normally be considered a significant scumslip. I know that Mooney's scum game is better than that but I'd like an explanation.

I honestly don't have a reason. I've never played this set up before and didn't realize it was important. I didn't expect to be missin leader day one and had no clue what I was doing.

Honestly, I believe this is when the game begins, in earnest. The next mission passes ~ we're one away from victory, it fails, we know at least 1 of the 3 are scum. I'm not a math wiz, but I'm sure one o' you smrt folk can calcuhlate shit. Tongue 

Doesn't matter if both scum were on the first mission, cuz we'd have no way of knowing, unless it failed, and I didn't think they'd do that, anyway, with just 2 people on the mission.

3 on this one, and 3 on missions-4&5, right? That's where&when I think they'll try to shoot the mission down.

It's a good chance of missions 2, 4 and 5 failing. With only 3 town you need to get every one of them on a 3 person mission or one of the scum can fail it.

We could do the same people over and over to see if the trend of passing sticks?

In order to pass a mission with 3 people we have to pick all 3 of the available town players. That’s not going to be easy I think.
Thanks to Free Thought for my lovely avatar!

(05-15-2019, 05:35 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: We could do the same people over and over to see if the trend of passing sticks?

That was my plan. M1 succeeded with Losty and I, so I'm nominating both of us for M2. The problem is that even if neither of us is scum, which isn't guaranteed by a long shot, then I still have to pick a third team member from amongst two scum. I'm not getting a lot of discussion here, so I don't have much to work with.

On the bright side, if M2 does succeed, it's pretty much an automatic town win. M3 just needs to be any subset of the M2 crew and anything else should be voted down.

Tentative M2 team:

- Paleophyte: I know that I'll vote for the mission to succeed.
- Losty: Voted "Yay" for M1, hopefully will vote the same for M2.
- Mooney: Didn't have a good reason for her odd M1 play but we're new at this. Being honest about that strikes me as town.

Thoughts?
The following 2 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • mlmooney89, TheGulegon

Sounds like a decent plan.

I'm cool with it.

OK, since we aren't getting much discussion on it:

I nominate Paleophyte, Losty, and Mooney to go on Mission #2.

Let the voting begin.

My vote is:

YAY

Losty, mlmooney, and Paleophyte are nominated for Mission 2.

The "late" phase of D2 has begun. It will end at 6:45 pm EST -OR- when all five players have cast a vote. (Whichever happens first.)

YES

YES

YES