Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in NYC low vaccination rate

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.  So dumb.  

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2...y-vaccines

Quote: The fearmongerers include a group called PEACH — or Parents Educating and Advocating for Children’s Health — which appears to be targeting the Jewish community with misinformation about vaccine safety, citing rabbis as authorities, through a hotline and magazines. Brooklyn Orthodox Rabbi William Handler has also been proclaiming the well-debunked link between the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism. Parents who “placate the gods of vaccination” are engaging in “child sacrifice,” he told Vox.

Facepalm
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • brewerb, GenesisNemesis, Phaedrus

I'm inclined to let them die.

Stupid fucks.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Chas

(04-04-2019, 07:01 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I'm inclined to let them die.

Stupid fucks.

It suprises me that the Jews who make up so much of the scientific community and are so smart  can take religion so far to the right as to deny the benefits of vaccination.  This goes to show you how religion, any religion,  can warp the brain.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Chas

Religion is always the problem and never the solution.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, brunumb

Gods of vaccination? What the fuck?
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Simple solution.  The police charge Orthodox Rabbi Hillel (aka William) Handler with willfully propagating deceptive
information likely to cause unwarranted psychological and physical distress, or potential death by misadventure.  
Handler's case should be treated in exactly the same way as the case of a person who falsely shouts "FIRE" in a
crowded movie theatre.

It should also be noted that Rabbi Handler was also a supporter of Rabbi Yisroel Moshe Weingarten, who raped and
sodomized his own daughter Leah, and is now serving a 30-year jail sentence.

[Image: Handler_William4.png]
Anti-vaxxer Rabbi William Handler has be accused of
being an enabler of sexual predators after stating
publicly that sex crimes should be handled by
rabbis and not by law enforcement officials.

If one takes the time to investigate, it turns out that Judaism, globally, is riddled with officials and teachers who're sexual deviates
or paedophiles, often protected by senior Rabbis who hold the smicha lerabbanut (Jewish law).
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 4 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Minimalist, Aliza, brunumb

Here's more from the Rabbi

Quote:Another source of vaccine misinformation is Rabbi William Handler, who also holds the view that vaccines cause autism — and shares it with parents. “I explain to parents that public health authorities like [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] are not interested in individual children,” he said. The best way to avoid potential harm is to avoid getting immunized, he advises. “[Parents] don’t want to play Russian roulette with their children. It’s like child sacrifice.”

What an ignorant twat!  

When my mother was a kid of about 7 or 8 diphtheria went through the small town in Canada that she grew up in. It happened over Christmas break but fortunately  she was out of town visiting relatives during the outbreak.   When she returned to school after Christmas  5  of her classmates had died from the disease.   It was a horrible memory for her.  The vaccine was available but was relatively new and a small prarie town in Alberta Canada didn't get  the latest in medicine.   She never forgot how sad it was to see her classmates empty desks and the lost lives of her little friends.  

She was the most pro-vaccination person I ever knew.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Chas, SYZ, grympy

Facepalm
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Phaedrus

Stupid fucks.

You're inclined to let 6-year olds get sick and possibly die?

If their own parents are willing to sacrifice them to the god-who-doesn't-exist what can I do about it?

Religion has a long sad history of child sacrifice and it always benefits the adults.... never the child.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Chas

A surprise from the "Even-A-Broken-Clock-Is-Right-Twice-A-Day" school.

Even this walking advertisement for the idea that blond hair dye kills brain cells can get it right on vaccination.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/foxs-to...ll-people/

Quote:Fox’s Tomi Lahren shreds ‘selfish’ parents who won’t vaccinate their kids: ‘What the hell, people?’

Quote:In her recent segment of Fox News’ “Final Thoughts,” conservative commentator Tomi Lahren raged against parents who are letting childhood diseases resurge by refusing to vaccinate their children.

“I believe in freedom. I believe in choice. I believe in the power of parenting,” said Lahren. “But when measles, mumps, and other old-timey diseases that are on the brink of extinction are able to make a comeback because some parents choose not to vaccinate their kids? I’m sorry, there’s a problem.”

Quote:She noted that the rise of the antivaxxer movement was fueled in part by the infamous Andrew Wakefield study connecting the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine to autism, which was found to have been falsified, and she quoted a recent study showing there is no correlation between vaccination and autism. “The antivaxxer movement is based in large part on a fraudulent, 12-person study that has been ridiculed, retracted, and trashed. Does it not seem ridiculous that some parents still look to it as gospel? I would say so.”

A large part of the problem is that those same assholes look at the gospels as "gospel."

(04-05-2019, 03:36 PM)Minimalist Wrote: A surprise from the "Even-A-Broken-Clock-Is-Right-Twice-A-Day" school.

Even this walking advertisement for the idea that blond hair dye kills brain cells can get it right on vaccination.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/foxs-to...ll-people/

Quote:Fox’s Tomi Lahren shreds ‘selfish’ parents who won’t vaccinate their kids: ‘What the hell, people?’

Quote:In her recent segment of Fox News’ “Final Thoughts,” conservative commentator Tomi Lahren raged against parents who are letting childhood diseases resurge by refusing to vaccinate their children.

“I believe in freedom. I believe in choice. I believe in the power of parenting,” said Lahren. “But when measles, mumps, and other old-timey diseases that are on the brink of extinction are able to make a comeback because some parents choose not to vaccinate their kids? I’m sorry, there’s a problem.”

Quote:She noted that the rise of the antivaxxer movement was fueled in part by the infamous Andrew Wakefield study connecting the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine to autism, which was found to have been falsified, and she quoted a recent study showing there is no correlation between vaccination and autism. “The antivaxxer movement is based in large part on a fraudulent, 12-person study that has been ridiculed, retracted, and trashed. Does it not seem ridiculous that some parents still look to it as gospel? I would say so.”

A large part of the problem is that those same assholes look at the gospels as "gospel."

It's good to see that someone from within the Crazy Christian community is saying this, but I doubt the black hat community would look to her as a trustworthy source of information.

Agree.  Like all cults they follow the word of their fuhr.... er, rabbi.

(04-05-2019, 04:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Agree.  Like all cults they follow the word of their fuhr.... er, rabbi.

It's really bad what's going on in some of these communities. Sad
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Phaedrus

OY Vey!

(04-05-2019, 05:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 04:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Agree.  Like all cults they follow the word of their fuhr.... er, rabbi.

It's really bad what's going on in some of these communities. Sad

Sadly, true of all cults.

Follow Up:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic...story.html

Quote:Judge upholds New York law outlawing religious exemptions to vaccinations required for kids in school or day care

Quote:Families who had used the exemption sued and argued the repeal violated their rights of religious expression.

But State Supreme Court Judge Denise Hartman upheld the law, citing precedent supporting vaccination requirements, according to the Associated Press. Noting a 1944 U.S. Supreme Court ruling, she wrote in a decision that the right to practice religion doesn’t include the right to expose the community to disease.

So fuck your stupid-assed god!

Stupid fucks.

Would that it were that simple.

Measles is extremely communicable, and for "herd immunity" a vaccination rate in excess of, IIRC, 90% is required. If religious exemptions allow the vaccination rate to fall too much, it impacts everyone's children.

Yeah, that's what the judge said.

(04-04-2019, 11:20 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Here's more from the Rabbi

Quote:Another source of vaccine misinformation is Rabbi William Handler, who also holds the view that vaccines cause autism — and shares it with parents. “I explain to parents that public health authorities like [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] are not interested in individual children,” he said. The best way to avoid potential harm is to avoid getting immunized, he advises. “[Parents] don’t want to play Russian roulette with their children. It’s like child sacrifice.”

What an ignorant twat!  

When my mother was a kid of about 7 or 8 diphtheria went through the small town in Canada that she grew up in. It happened over Christmas break but fortunately  she was out of town visiting relatives during the outbreak.   When she returned to school after Christmas  5  of her classmates had died from the disease.   It was a horrible memory for her.  The vaccine was available but was relatively new and a small prarie town in Alberta Canada didn't get  the latest in medicine.   She never forgot how sad it was to see her classmates empty desks and the lost lives of her little friends.  

She was the most pro-vaccination person I ever knew

I can't imagine devastating  that must have been for your mother. 

When I was 8, we were living in a country town (pop 5000)

There  was a boy next door who wore callipers as the  result of polio .His very practical  mother used Sister Kenny's method on him, and fixed his legs. Part of the treatment included stretching the  withered muscles in his leg.  We could hear  his screams from next door. His suffering made my mother cry.   (he was my age) BUT, his callipers  were  eventually gone. 

My mother was very pro vaccination. 

Later, back in the city, there was a boy in my neighbourhood  who was in an iron lung due to polio. I visited him quite  regularly  as did a lot of local kids did . We all felt  terribly sorry for him.  I became VERY pro vaccination.

Footnote:  Sister Kenny's Method was ridiculed by the medical profession in Australia. . There were Sister  Kenny clinics all over America.

Jonas Salk would be turning in his grave.
Justaminute    Salisbury steak...... A hamburger by any other name. 

(04-04-2019, 10:27 PM)SYZ Wrote: Simple solution.  The police charge Orthodox Rabbi Hillel (aka William) Handler with willfully propagating deceptive
information likely to cause unwarranted psychological and physical distress, or potential death by misadventure.  
Handler's case should be treated in exactly the same way as the case of a person who falsely shouts "FIRE" in a
crowded movie theatre.

It should also be noted that Rabbi Handler was also a supporter of Rabbi Yisroel Moshe Weingarten, who raped and
sodomized his own daughter Leah, and is now serving a 30-year jail sentence.

[Image: Handler_William4.png]
Anti-vaxxer Rabbi William Handler has be accused of
being an enabler of sexual predators after stating
publicly that sex crimes should be handled by
rabbis and not by law enforcement officials.

If one takes the time to investigate, it turns out that Judaism, globally, is riddled with officials and teachers who're sexual deviates
or paedophiles, often protected by senior Rabbis who hold the smicha lerabbanut (Jewish law).

"It should also be noted that Rabbi Handler was also a supporter of Rabbi Yisroel Moshe Weingarten, who raped and 

sodomized his own daughter Leah, and is now serving a 30-year jail sentence."

Sorry mate, Tu quoque.  ('you too' or appeal to hypocrisy)  The two situations are not connected.

Apart from that, I hope they leave the old fuck to rot in prison. Angry