Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your profession?

What's your profession?
I work in the customer service department of a plastics distribution company. I only handle a few of our international and Canadian customers at the moment because my job is more support for my department and my boss.

I helped our company transfer to a new operating system last year, so every month I test new programming to make sure the system still works, report bugs and make sure programming gets fixed to suit our business needs, update training documents and train my department on programming changes. As well as help them when the system malfunctions, or when they don’t know what to do in unusual circumstances. Process price adjustments when orders are invoices at the wrong price. Handle new account set ups to make sure we collect all the right documents, and make sure they’re set up correctly in the system.

It’s a fun hodgepodge of things that keeps me busy. I like helping people, being challenged, and not doing the same thing all day every day.
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 1 user Likes Smercury44's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

What's your profession?
(08-09-2019, 01:24 AM)Smercury44 Wrote: I like helping people, being challenged, and not doing the same thing all day every day.

I'm not so happy being so challenged, but perhaps we're using different meanings?  Tongue
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Smercury44

What's your profession?
(08-09-2019, 01:53 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 01:24 AM)Smercury44 Wrote: I like helping people, being challenged, and not doing the same thing all day every day.

I'm not so happy being so challenged, but perhaps we're using different meanings?  Tongue

Chuckle yes, I enjoy solving challenging problems at work. Challenge my opinion of the best way to do things in my job.... look out  Girl_devil
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 2 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Fireball