Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign-up for Mafia Game #8 - Pitch Black Mafia

(03-06-2019, 11:15 AM)Joods Wrote: If he's in, I'm out. Sorry. It's either him or me, but as has already been mentioned before, we both can't (and clearly shouldn't) play at the same time. It isn't right that I will always end up having to sit out because of one person being greedy and wanting to play every single game and this is exactly why I said I wasn't going to play anymore. Basically, I'll never get the opportunity to play as long as he's not willing to take turns since it's clear we cannot play in the same games together.

But you said "This will be my last game" and that isn't the first time you've said that ... and this is coming from someone who always tells me that I cry wolf Dodgy
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

(03-06-2019, 11:15 AM)Joods Wrote: If he's in, I'm out. Sorry. It's either him or me, but as has already been mentioned before, we both can't (and clearly shouldn't) play at the same time. It isn't right that I will always end up having to sit out because of one person being greedy and wanting to play every single game and this is exactly why I said I wasn't going to play anymore. Basically, I'll never get the opportunity to play as long as he's not willing to take turns since it's clear we cannot play in the same games together.

Past statements from either of you about never playing the game again are null and void the second you express interesting in playing the game again. Saying something in the moment doesn't make it an ironclad contract, obviously. 

I totally get that you two can't play the game together, but you said you only wanted to be an alt in the event that we didn't find enough people. Evie joining the game adds to our numbers of confirmed players. Him joining is a good thing since you expressed interest only if we can't find enough players.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Losty, EvieTheAvocado

Calling in reserves:

@Escape Artist, it's time. @Shai Hulud you know you want to. @Smercury44 I promise to put extra effort into praying to roll scum this round so you can pummel me. @mlmooney89, put the baby down and come goof off on the internet.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Paleophyte, Losty, EvieTheAvocado

@Mathilda at the rate sign ups are going, we might be starting right after your RL deadline. Tongue
  • Paleophyte, EvieTheAvocado

Come on, @pocaracas! Mafia time!

(03-06-2019, 04:50 PM)Aliza Wrote: @Mathilda at the rate sign ups are going, we might be starting right after your RL deadline. Tongue

Yeah I'm thinking the same. I'm not really sure what needs doing to my paper any more. I'm just letting it mature on my hard disk in case I think of any little extra changes to make.

I can definitely play from next Monday.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(03-06-2019, 04:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:50 PM)Aliza Wrote: @Mathilda at the rate sign ups are going, we might be starting right after your RL deadline. Tongue

Yeah I'm thinking the same. I'm not really sure what needs doing to my paper any more. I'm just letting it mature on my hard disk in case I think of any little extra changes to make.

Okay, so we can count you as a full player if we start on Monday? If we start before Monday, then you'll take a pass this round, correct?
  • Mathilda, EvieTheAvocado

(03-06-2019, 11:15 AM)Joods Wrote: If he's in, I'm out. Sorry. It's either him or me, but as has already been mentioned before, we both can't (and clearly shouldn't) play at the same time.

You're like those two friends that we all like but who should never be invited to the same party. You're both good people but putting you together is a recipe for unhappiness. Perhaps next time if your schedule allows you to play Evie will sit one out.
The following 2 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Smercury44, Aliza

(03-06-2019, 04:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:

If we start Sunday then that will be Night Zero, and you'd have little to do anyway even if you draw scum.

I’ll play, be gentle Weeping Chuckle
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 4 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Paleophyte, Aliza, Losty, EvieTheAvocado

(03-06-2019, 06:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: I’ll play, be gentle Weeping Chuckle

Hug thank you for playing.
  • Smercury44, EvieTheAvocado

Sorry work has been crazy. I will play.
The following 4 users Like mlmooney89's post:
  • Paleophyte, Aliza, Losty, EvieTheAvocado

One more player and we're ready to roll!
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

I'd say poca should be pulled out of the bench to join?
The following 2 users Like LastPoet's post:
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

Certainly, if he's willing to play.
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

We don't do gentle.  But rough can be fun... what were we talking about?   Angel
The following 3 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • Aliza, Smercury44, EvieTheAvocado

(03-06-2019, 04:56 PM)Aliza Wrote: Come on, @pocaracas! Mafia time!

(03-06-2019, 07:49 PM)LastPoet Wrote: I'd say poca should be pulled out of the bench to join?

Poca could play.... but not this week, and not next week.
Sorry.
If signups last until the 17th, then I'm game.
The following 2 users Like pocaracas's post:

(03-06-2019, 09:19 PM)pocaracas Wrote:

(03-06-2019, 07:49 PM)LastPoet Wrote: I'd say poca should be pulled out of the bench to join?

Sorry.

Nah, you'll play in Mathilda's game, which is up next. It'll be role madness. Nod

(03-06-2019, 09:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:

Sorry.

Nah, you'll play in Mathilda's game, which is up next. It'll be role madness. Nod

Very well... those are fun! Wink
The following 3 users Like pocaracas's post:
  • Aliza, LastPoet, EvieTheAvocado

Sorry.

See you in a couple of weeks!
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

(03-06-2019, 06:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:

Hug thank you for playing.

Of course! You guys always get me eventually Chuckle

[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 3 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Aliza, TheGulegon, EvieTheAvocado

(03-06-2019, 04:47 PM)Aliza Wrote:

Past statements from either of you about never playing the game again are null and void the second you express interesting in playing the game again. Saying something in the moment doesn't make it an ironclad contract, obviously. 

I totally get that you two can't play the game together, but you said you only wanted to be an alt in the event that we didn't find enough people. Evie joining the game adds to our numbers of confirmed players. Him joining is a good thing since you expressed interest only if we can't find enough players.

There's a reason why people skim his posts and point out the obvious. It's because no one likes to be bullied into responding and not being given a chance to read and digest the posts that are in game. He gets impatient and DEMANDS we respond within minutes. Clearly, people have lives and don't live on the game 24/7 but that doesn't matter to Evie. He wants everyone to pay attention to his posts immediately and if that doesn't happen, he repeatedly posts the same thing over and over ad nauseum until someone finally responds. And you can't point this out to him because then he tells you how wrong you are. If anyone dares disagrees with him about anything - they are automatically labelled as stupid or dumb or whatever adjective is in Evie's vocabulary for the day. It's sad because it ruins the game for a lot of people, which is a big reason why most don't want to play anymore. 

Need proof of this? Look at the last game I played and you'll see it. He attacked several people including myself simply because we didn't agree with him. Even Poca tried to gently tell him that what he was doing was wrong and the nastiness that Evie was posting towards Poca was just out of line. We're all wrong and we're all stupid according to him. Honestly, who wants to play with someone who has that sort of attitude towards everyone else? 

The repeated name calling by him towards not only me, but others in the last game I played with him, should have been more than enough for a temporary ban from the game until he could learn to realize that it isn't all about him and that you can't go around calling people names when they don't see things your way. But no - he's allowed to keep playing and ruining the game for others. How is that in any way fair to the rest of us who would like to actually play, but can't because it's a clear conflict of interest? We all have the right to NOT be bullied by anyone - especially by those who think that they are superior to everyone else. 

Bottom line: I would have loved to have played. But I will not sit by and be someone's verbal punching bag because he needs to bust his nut the second others don't agree with what he says about the game. 

It was suggested by someone else that we take turns playing but since that's clearly never going to happen, I guess I lose out. People will eventually have enough of the barrage of insults and rude behavior and they won't want to play and it will be harder and harder to find players. Maybe then things will change. 

What gets me is that S.O. engaged in similar behavior and everyone was real quick to nip that in the bud and refused to allow him to play in their games, yet you all let it continue on with Evie. That isn't exactly fair or right by any standards and is the primary reason why I stated that I wasn't going to play anymore. Despite what he absurdly assumes, it's not about me crying wolf either. It's about people here doing the right thing and standing up to the ignorant, abusive behavior displayed due to the butthurt of one person because things don't go their way.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

(03-06-2019, 09:44 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:

Sorry.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Mariquinhas!
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • pocaracas

(03-06-2019, 11:12 PM)Joods Wrote: There's a reason why people skim his posts and point out the obvious. It's because no one likes to be bullied into responding and not being given a chance to read and digest the posts that are in game. He gets impatient and DEMANDS we respond within minutes. Clearly, people have lives and don't live on the game 24/7 but that doesn't matter to Evie. He wants everyone to pay attention to his posts immediately and if that doesn't happen, he repeatedly posts the same thing over and over ad nauseum until someone finally responds. And you can't point this out to him because then he tells you how wrong you are. If anyone dares disagrees with him about anything - they are automatically labelled as stupid or dumb or whatever adjective is in Evie's vocabulary for the day. It's sad because it ruins the game for a lot of people, which is a big reason why most don't want to play anymore. 

Need proof of this? Look at the last game I played and you'll see it. He attacked several people including myself simply because we didn't agree with him. Even Poca tried to gently tell him that what he was doing was wrong and the nastiness that Evie was posting towards Poca was just out of line. We're all wrong and we're all stupid according to him. Honestly, who wants to play with someone who has that sort of attitude towards everyone else? 

The repeated name calling by him towards not only me, but others in the last game I played with him, should have been more than enough for a temporary ban from the game until he could learn to realize that it isn't all about him and that you can't go around calling people names when they don't see things your way. But no - he's allowed to keep playing and ruining the game for others. How is that in any way fair to the rest of us who would like to actually play, but can't because it's a clear conflict of interest? We all have the right to NOT be bullied by anyone - especially by those who think that they are superior to everyone else. 

Bottom line: I would have loved to have played. But I will not sit by and be someone's verbal punching bag because he needs to bust his nut the second others don't agree with what he says about the game. 

It was suggested by someone else that we take turns playing but since that's clearly never going to happen, I guess I lose out. People will eventually have enough of the barrage of insults and rude behavior and they won't want to play and it will be harder and harder to find players. Maybe then things will change. 

What gets me is that S.O. engaged in similar behavior and everyone was real quick to nip that in the bud and refused to allow him to play in their games, yet you all let it continue on with Evie. That isn't exactly fair or right by any standards and is the primary reason why I stated that I wasn't going to play anymore. Despite what he absurdly assumes, it's not about me crying wolf either. It's about people here doing the right thing and standing up to the ignorant, abusive behavior displayed due to the butthurt of one person because things don't go their way.

Sometimes it is just better to let go, And this game is all about lynching, murdering, lynching. There is little room for feelings.
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • Joods

(03-07-2019, 07:09 PM)LastPoet Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 11:12 PM)Joods Wrote: There's a reason why people skim his posts and point out the obvious. It's because no one likes to be bullied into responding and not being given a chance to read and digest the posts that are in game. He gets impatient and DEMANDS we respond within minutes. Clearly, people have lives and don't live on the game 24/7 but that doesn't matter to Evie. He wants everyone to pay attention to his posts immediately and if that doesn't happen, he repeatedly posts the same thing over and over ad nauseum until someone finally responds. And you can't point this out to him because then he tells you how wrong you are. If anyone dares disagrees with him about anything - they are automatically labelled as stupid or dumb or whatever adjective is in Evie's vocabulary for the day. It's sad because it ruins the game for a lot of people, which is a big reason why most don't want to play anymore. 

Sometimes it is just better to let go, And this game is all about lynching, murdering, lynching. There is little room for feelings.

I hear you, I really do. But there comes a point in time where people need to realize that not everything revolves around them and insulting others because one isn't getting their way, isn't considered playing nice.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.