Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Once again,

Welcome to,

Fruit Mafia!

[Image: xw7gWhE6Qt-2.png]

[Image: 113020132229177.jpg]

This is a standard game with standard roles. And the fruit theme is purely for flavor and has no effect on gameplay. It's just for fun. If you have a piece of fruit and wonder what it means ... don't wonder. It's just to add to the fun a bit. Everyone's role is named after a fruit... but it has no effect on gameplay and It'll be clear in your role PMs what your standard Mafia role is (I'll put it in parentheses).

This game is a fully open setup ... and now that the roles are RNGed I can tell you that the roles in this game are the following:

1 town vigilante,
1 town doctor,
1 scum encryptor,
1 scum goon,
and 5 Vanilla townies.

My description of the town vigilante role:

Show ContentSpoiler:

My description of the town doctor role:

Show ContentSpoiler:

My description of the scum encryptor role:

Show ContentSpoiler:

My description of the scum goon role:

Show ContentSpoiler:

My description of the vanilla townie role:

Show ContentSpoiler:

Here is the setup:

Guaranteed roles for Town

Vanilla Townie
Town Doctor
Vigilante

Guaranteed roles for Scum

Goon
Encryptor

The players in this game are the following:

Player 1: Aliza
Player 2: Revenant77x
Player 3: Paleophyte
Player 4: Phaedrus
Player 5: Mathilda
Player 6: Smercury44
Player 7: Assassin
Player 8: Aroura
Player 9: Lastpoet

Thread opens and game starts today at 9.PM GMT.

I am the game mod and THIS is my color. And I'll be writing in that color (Just So Damn Orange Pips Fucking Pithetic).

No one else may use my color, and anyone who uses my color during this game will be considered to be impersonating the moderator and will be modkilled

And on that note, here are the rules of the game:

Voting:

(1) Votes and unvotes must be in either bold tags or vote/unvote tags to count. Unvotes are not required before voting someone else

(2) Plurality voting applies. Whoever gets the most lynch votes at the end of a day phase is lynched.

(3) If votes are tied at the end of a day phase then there is no lynch.

Phases:

(1) Day phases last for exactly 24 hours. Game opens at 9 P.M GMT. Day starts at 9.PM GMT. Day ends at 9.PM GMT 24 hours later and then there's a night for 24 hours.

(2) There is no night zero. Scum may not chat with each other before the game starts. Scum may only chat during the night phase ... so the first time scum can talk is after the end of day 1.

Inactivity:

Any player that doesn't make at least one post in the game thread during a day phase shall be modkilled or replaced without exception provided that the game mod is aware of this. Please contact the game mod (me) by PM (or by using the "Contact the Mod Boss" section) if you think someone has gone a full day phase without posting and I've missed it somehow and I will modkill them or remove them from the game and have their slot replaced by another player.

Other bad stuff:

Breaking the rules, pretending to break the rules, or encouraging others to break the rules is punishable by modkill. Other modkillable things include, but are not limited to:

(1) Sharing or posting role PMs.

(2) Claiming scum along with another player

(3) Using text that's small, invisible, cryptographic in nature, or otherwise designed to go outside the spirit of the game.

If in doubt, ask me privately by PM (or contact me using the "Contact the Mob Boss" section). If I don't respond as soon as you would have liked and you are still not sure ... then assume that whatever you are curious about is not allowed. Err on the side of caution.

Additional notes:

I am the GM (Game Mod), so what I say goes. If someone needs my attention or thinks I've messed up then PM me (or contact me using the "Contact the Mob Boss" section) and I'll do my best to either fix it or get someone who can.

Abilities, votes, and posting privileges—with the exception of popcorn posts—are lost on death.

Please do not kudos or "like" any game related posts once you are dead. All kudoses/likes from dead players must be given to popcorn posts only.

I hope that everyone enjoys playing and watching my game!

The game thread will open and the game will officially start at 9.PM GMT and Role PMs shall be on their way soon!

My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Phaedrus, Losty

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Role PMs have all been sent out.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Phaedrus, Losty

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Game starts at 9.PM GMT today (in just over half an hour as of the writing of this post)

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Losty

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
First post!
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, LastPoet

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Losty

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Family time now, I will let you guys hunt some scum during the night. I like the flip time, given that I can play tomorrow, some 4 hours before that.

Vote Mathilda

Usually scum likes to have first posts!

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-18-2019, 09:07 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Family time now, I will let you guys hunt some scum during the night. I like the flip time, given that I can play tomorrow, some 4 hours before that.

Vote Mathilda

Usually scum likes to have first posts!

Damn! Busted!

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Oh wait, hold on,

Vote LastPoet

Evie posted after me to say Let the Game Begin so my first post wasn't actually the first post of the game but LastPoet's was.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Vote Paleophyte

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-18-2019, 09:13 PM)Assassin Wrote: Vote Paleophyte

Why?
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • Smercury44

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-18-2019, 09:42 PM)LastPoet Wrote:

Why?

Past game Bias.  Paleo has been scum in like 70% of the games he has played.  But that is some version of gamblers fallacy (or related at least).

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia

Why?

Random.voting.stage.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Vote count:

Voting for Mathilda: Lastpoet (1 votes total).

Voting for Lastpoet: Mathilda (1 votes total).

Voting for Paleophyte: Assassin (1 votes total).

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Hi all, home from work and caught up on the few posts so far. Only weird thing so far is Rev giving an explanation for Assassin’s no explanation vote Chuckle but that’s quite a bit of nothing at this point.

I am still hoping to see/spot some Aliza scum game so my random vote is for her.

Vote Aliza

As usual, I’m normally only around to play between 11pm-5amGMT because of sleep and work but I always try to catch up before the phase change on my lunch breaks.
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-18-2019, 11:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: Hi all, home from work and caught up on the few posts so far. Only weird thing so far is Rev giving an explanation for Assassin’s no explanation vote Chuckle but that’s quite a bit of nothing at this point.

I am still hoping to see/spot some Aliza scum game so my random vote is for her.

Vote Aliza

As usual, I’m normally only around to play between 11pm-5amGMT because of sleep and work but I always try to catch up before the phase change on my lunch breaks.

Sorry been dealing with other things and waiting to see if there is any actual conversation today.  Last time I tried to scum hunt I just got killed day 1 so... I am just going to see what develops today and then make a semi-rational choice on what train to jump on.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-18-2019, 11:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: Hi all, home from work and caught up on the few posts so far. Only weird thing so far is Rev giving an explanation for Assassin’s no explanation vote Chuckle but that’s quite a bit of nothing at this point.

Vote Aliza

Awwww, thanks! I'm in the cool kids club now.   Hifive

Right back at you, Smerc.

Vote Smercury

Oh and it's puzzle time! OMG it's puzzle time!  Dance
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Smercury44

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Smercury is hereby cleared from my scumdar for the time being. She may want me gone, but I don't want her gone.

Unvote

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 12:26 AM)Aliza Wrote: Smercury is hereby cleared from my scumdar for the time being. She may want me gone, but I don't want her gone.

Unvote

How'd you determine that?

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 01:20 AM)Assassin Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 12:26 AM)Aliza Wrote: Smercury is hereby cleared from my scumdar for the time being. She may want me gone, but I don't want her gone.

Unvote

How'd you determine that?

Same thing I did in my previous game with Rev, and in game #1. Maybe also in Chocolate Mafia, but I'm not sure and I'm not in a position to look it up atm. I'm framing things in terms of who might want me out of the game and who might stand to benefit from my continued survival.

(That and I realize Smercury is just throwing out blind votes and she's already been scum twice out of seven games. It's not like she's got Paleophyte's "odds".)

Speak of the devil, let's take care of Paleophyte for constantly buying off the game mods for those mafia roles. 
Vote Paleophyte

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-18-2019, 09:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:

Why?

Past game Bias.  Paleo has been scum in like 70% of the games he has played.  But that is some version of gamblers fallacy (or related at least).

60%

The probabilities are (or should be) independent of one another. I have the same 2 in 9 odds of drawing scum that anybody else does if they don't have the good sense to bribe the Mafia Bosses.

Vote Assassin

Your name is "Assassin". It's kind of a giveaway.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 02:16 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:42 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Why?

60%

The probabilities are (or should be) independent of one another. I have the same 2 in 9 odds of drawing scum that anybody else does if they don't have the good sense to bribe the Mafia Bosses.

You're not factoring in the buy-off element here. How much $$$ did Evie make off "rolling" your scum PR this game?  Tongue

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Oh sorry, I was totally ignoring that last sentence you wrote.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 02:18 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 02:16 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: Past game Bias.  Paleo has been scum in like 70% of the games he has played.  But that is some version of gamblers fallacy (or related at least).

60%

You're not factoring in the buy-off element here. How much $$$ did Evie make off "rolling" your scum PR this game?  Tongue

See this is why you always roll town. Money? If you're going to bribe the Mob Bosses you use blow and hookers. Tongue

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 02:25 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 02:18 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 02:16 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: 60%

See this is why you always roll town. Money? If you're going to bribe the Mob Bosses you use blow and hookers. Tongue

I'll be sure to avoid hookers and blow then.  Sun

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Just woke up. Slept an extra half hour because I didn't have my alarm set. I have tonight off from work.