Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sex offenders at work

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:33 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 04:21 AM)JesseB Wrote: Keep in mind, no one has addressed my actual points, that there's holes in the data, that there's cracks in the narrative. And there shouldn't be. If I'm wrong it shouldn't be that hard to demonstrate. Instead of blindly throwing statistics I'm claiming are flawed at me, explain how those statistics are actually quite sound. I'd love to hear it. I really would....

You're ruling out the proof that you seek...that statistics do in fact demonstrate that men are more violent and commit more violent crimes than women.  If you rule that out, what can be said to convince you?
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Vera, SYZ, Tres Leches

Sex offenders at work
Trying to edit "men" to say "women" and made another post. Fuck it. We're dumber than women too.
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Vera, JesseB

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:21 AM)JesseB Wrote: With one exception. You assume I claim to know more than I do. I claim to know very little. But if you want sure feel free to run with this. I can accept this.

That's the pernicious thing about the Dunning-Kruger effect. Even if you claim and know you know very little about feminism, its history, etc., you can still fall prone to it by simply underestimating how little you know about it. Not that I actually think you are even more ignorant then you think, I simply wanted to illustrate the perniciousness of the Dunning-Kruger effect. 

To me, you appear to have a fiery character when it comes to debates and discussions about politically charged subjects. In my opinon, it was also very appearent in your debate on metaphysics. An anti-comformist, with a fiery character and relatively little knowledge on a subject that still interests him/her is bound to sound more ''crankish'' once in a while. In a way, a lot of the more outrageous self described feminists I have met have the same kind of character and the same kind of flaw. The only difference is the end product and they, much like you, sound a lot more extreme or strange then they actually are (which, just like you to a certain extend also frustrate them and lead them to sound even more crankish and agressive as the conversation continue). If we were to have a debate on an aspect of feminism, it would probably turn our a lot like your debate on metaphysics. You would assess the problem using a more ''personnal'' definition of feminism and present a thesis I would describe as a nutpicking, strawmanning and suffering from a composition fallacy since I wold assess the conversation by using a more ''mainstream'' definition of feminism and of the aspect discussed.

While this is all interesting, maybe we should return to the OP instead of washing or dirty clothes in public so to speak?
The following 2 users Like epronovost's post:
  • JesseB, Tres Leches

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:25 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:25 AM)JesseB Wrote: ...I mean do you accept those same crime statistics when it says black people commit significantly more crimes than white people? Or do you think that at least to some extent there's other factors involved that inflate those crime statistics against black people?

Your introduction of black people into the male versus female crime statistics is
clearly a straw man.

Quote:Fix the problems, do the math, the numbers will change. If they don't change by much I'll accept that, provided the methodologies you use to derive your statistics are sound. Until they are I don't really give a flying fuck about your bullshit numbers.

You've claimed before that any/all genuine crime statistics I've cited have been
"bullshit" without any sustainable evidence.  That's nothing more than your
personal opinion, and thus worthless.  Sorry.

Quote:Even the ones [statistics] performed by the government if you bothered to look into them would become dodgy as hell.

And you know this how exactly?  You maybe have a crystal ball that lets you see
behind the machinations of the Australian Bureau of Statistics that you claim are bullshit?
Or do you have viable evidence that my figures are incorrect?

To be frank Jesse, I've grown sick of your constant rebuttals made without any contrary
supporting facts and figures.  All you've done here, repeatedly, is to denounce any
statistics I post as bullshit.  I feel as though I'm banging my head against a brick wall
in trying to have a reasoned discussion with you;  there are none so blind as those who
will not see mate.

Consider my responses to you to be ceased.  You've worn me out LOL.

Allow me to be more blunt on that first point.

I assume you fully accept that there's bias against black people vs white people in the criminal justice system, you fully accept that the crime statistics may not accurately reflect reality. You think this needs to be fixed.

However using the same statistics the same organizations you have complete and utter confidence at the infallibility of the institutions that produce the gendered crime statistics.....

I mean sure I have no statistics I have no way to gather them. All I can do is tell you about a woman who raped an 11 year old boy (I think he was 11 I could look up the story), got something like a few months in jail and from prison sued him for child support and won. Incidentally do you know what happens to an 11 year old boy who can't pay child support? Same thing that happens to a 20 or a 30 year old who can't pay child support. Jail. And you don't think that shit like this could have any effect on crime statistics at all?

I  mean I get it you like to narrow the focus to exclusively violent crimes and while there are problems with violent crimes they are even harder for me to nail down for you in a way you'd accept. But the evidence is there... maybe it's cause your rich. I mean I know a girl here who went to jail recently for beating the fuck out of her boyfriend. You do realize how rare that is for a woman to actually be punished for doing that ya? I know dozens of women who've done far worse and nobody cared at all. There's cases of guys getting stabbed by an abusive girlfriend and when he calls the cops on her he gets arrested by default. Nothing ever happens to her. But there's no bias at all... none. everything is perfect 100% and you don't think that cases where the victim gets jailed instead of the criminal has any affect on the statistics at all?

Now I'm not saying women are all evil and again at most when talking about crimes we're talking about like 1% of the total population (to keep perspective) I'm not trashing on women. I'm only saying women are human. Nothing more. Nothing less. And I question if the "narrative" is really as accurate as you want to believe. WHY do you resist that so much?

(oh and this is just shit I hear on local news from around the world, I don't listen to 24/hr news networks. Local news is more reliable)
The universe doesn't give a fuck about you. Don't cry though, at least I do.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:21 AM)JesseB Wrote: Keep in mind, no one has addressed my actual points, that there's holes in the data, that there's cracks in the narrative. And there shouldn't be. If I'm wrong it shouldn't be that hard to demonstrate. Instead of blindly throwing statistics I'm claiming are flawed at me, explain how those statistics are actually quite sound. I'd love to hear it. I really would....

You're ruling out the proof that you seek...that statistics do in fact demonstrate that men are more violent and commit more violent crimes than men.  If you rule that out, what can be said to convince you?

See I'm not ruling it out, I'm asking for it to be done right. Instead of showing me statistics you know i think is flawed why not convince me that they are accurate instead? You do that you win. I'd accept them. Except I know if you bothered to look into it you'd prolly see a few cracks like I did. Some biases that could dramatically impact the results. And that's the problem.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:34 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Trying to edit "men" to say "women" and made another post.  Fuck it.  We're dumber than women too.

Anything a man can do a woman can do and better. #killallmen

(BTW bias alert. I actually do think women are smarter than men)

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 03:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:39 AM)JesseB Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Strikes me as an odd combination of defensiveness and condescension. "Feminists are working for supremacy, but don't realize it."
...The fuck you on about anyway? You intentionally being thick?

Who are you to tell someone what they do and don't understand?

Get over yourself. Your opinion is just that: your opinion. I find it very unconvincing and shifty, myself. If that's "thick" to you, meh ... I'll let you know when your opinion matters to me. Until then, perhaps you should explain why you know better than feminists what the aims of feminism are. Far as I can see, you're some blowhard online who has done a lot of thoughtless reading.

Unfortunately—for Jesse—he doesn't know half as much as he seems to think he does.  He's
very quick to put down other people's considered opinions without any contrary or convincing
evidence of his own.  Like a little kid, he just cries "bullshit!" over and over again—as though
that makes for a convincing argument.  Plus throw in a few ad hominems along the way for
good measure LOL.

His claim about a feminist "supremacy" movement was actually quite funny—or was it a joke?

Anyway, I've given up responding to his single-minded comments.  It's not worth the effort.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Vera, Szuchow

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:36 AM)epronovost Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 04:21 AM)JesseB Wrote: With one exception. You assume I claim to know more than I do. I claim to know very little. But if you want sure feel free to run with this. I can accept this.

That's the pernicious thing about the Dunning-Kruger effect. Even if you claim and know you know very little about feminism, its history, etc., you can still fall prone to it by simply underestimating how little you know about it. Not that I actually think you are even more ignorant then you think, I simply wanted to illustrate the perniciousness of the Dunning-Kruger effect. 

To me, you appear to have a fiery character when it comes to debates and discussions about politically charged subjects. In my opinon, it was also very appearent in your debate on metaphysics. An anti-comformist, with a fiery character and relatively little knowledge on a subject that still interests him/her is bound to sound more ''crankish'' once in a while. In a way, a lot of the more outrageous self described feminists I have met have the same kind of character and the same kind of flaw. The only difference is the end product and they, much like you, sound a lot more extreme or strange then they actually are (which, just like you to a certain extend also frustrate them and lead them to sound even more crankish and agressive as the conversation continue). If we were to have a debate on an aspect of feminism, it would probably turn our a lot like your debate on metaphysics. You would assess the problem using a more ''personnal'' definition of feminism and present a thesis I would describe as a nutpicking, strawmanning and suffering from a composition fallacy since I wold assess the conversation by using a more ''mainstream'' definition of feminism and of the aspect discussed.

While this is all interesting, maybe we should return to the OP instead of washing or dirty clothes in public so to speak?

I'm really not interested at all in debating feminism either the "standard" definition or my own anecdotal one. I'd still reject feminism as long as you can't convince me it's not authoritarian. That alone is reason for me to reject it even if I agree with a lot of what feminists say in general. (which is in fact the case)

Sounding crankish does not mean I'm wrong. And it's frustrating that I lack the skill to better present myself in a way that could make a more reasonably compelling case for others. But I don't want anyone to be convinced that I'm right. I just want people to be less convinced of themselves. I really don't like when people stuff their heads up their asses and pretend they are perfect. Admit there are flaws and you'd take the air right out of me. I'd loose any interest in this pointless discussion.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:39 AM)JesseB Wrote: ...The fuck you on about anyway? You intentionally being thick?

Who are you to tell someone what they do and don't understand?

Get over yourself. Your opinion is just that: your opinion. I find it very unconvincing and shifty, myself. If that's "thick" to you, meh ... I'll let you know when your opinion matters to me. Until then, perhaps you should explain why you know better than feminists what the aims of feminism are. Far as I can see, you're some blowhard online who has done a lot of thoughtless reading.

Unfortunately—for Jesse—he doesn't know half as much as he seems to think he does.  He's
very quick to put down other people's considered opinions without any contrary or convincing
evidence of his own.  Like a little kid, he just cries "bullshit!" over and over again—as though
that makes for a convincing argument.  Plus throw in a few ad hominems along the way for
good measure LOL.

His claim about a feminist "supremacy" movement was actually quite funny—or was it a joke?

Anyway, I've given up responding to his single-minded comments.  It's not worth the effort.

What is half of nothing?

Also thanks for the insult. Very compelling. I'm rather dissapointed that at no point did you even try to listen, you're one of the more reasonable people here in my opinion. But we all have aspects of ourselves or our thoughts that we are unwilling to critically analyze.

Sex offenders at work

You're ruling out the proof that you seek...that statistics do in fact demonstrate that men are more violent and commit more violent crimes than men.  If you rule that out, what can be said to convince you?

Nothing any of us could offer would satisfy Jesse.  He's one of these people that
truly believes that only he has all the right answers to the world's problems, and
nobody else is capable of figuring it all out.  He just claims all our data has holes
in it—but with no confirmatory evidence of that. And he says there are "cracks in
the narrative"—which I'm not sure exactly what that means.  Finally he wraps up
the whole package by claiming our statistics are "flawed", as though that's an end
to any question.

He talks the talk, but he can't walk the walk apparently LOL.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:44 AM)JesseB Wrote:

See I'm not ruling it out, I'm asking for it to be done right. Instead of showing me statistics you know i think is flawed why not convince me that they are accurate instead? You do that you win. I'd accept them. Except I know if you bothered to look into it you'd prolly see a few cracks like I did. Some biases that could dramatically impact the results. And that's the problem.

We can both point out weaknesses of statistics, that is true; statistics can be manipulated to demonstrate things that aren't true.  I can accept that female on male violence in many cases may not make it into the statistics because of the embarassment of the male victim, okay.  But overall if you don't rely on statistics in a general sense what are we left with?  Your anecdotes versus mine?  Your personal experiences versus mine?  That's a terrible way to discern truth from fiction regarding trends in the larger population involving the experiences of literally millions of people...ergo the need for statistics.  Exactly how much bias do you think is out there dramatically impacting the results?  If woman on man violence is 100% worse than statistics show it is, it still isn't anything equal to male violence.  When cops respond to "shots fired" you can win money ALL FUCKING DAY betting they will encounter men, when an individual reports they have been raped, you can win money ALL FUCKING DAY betting it's a woman.  And on and on.  You're planting your flag on the wrong hill here Jesse.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • JesseB, Thumpalumpacus, Tres Leches

Sex offenders at work
Look, it's real simple. I'm sick and tired of being bullied. I make very few claims about who or what I am. Those few claims I stick to, like liberal. However I'm incredibly sick of anything I think as having value in this world being non stop maligned, the constant shitting and making fun of people who look like me, the constant telling me I'm worthless over biological features I have no control over, the constant telling me I'm worthless because I'm not rich, the constant shitting on me because I'm a low IQ retard (thanks for that by the way. I never hid my learning disabilities, great leverage for ya'll, but I actually don't enjoy you using it). My entire life I've never fit in all I get are messages about how worthless and unwelcome and unwanted I am just for existing. Nothing I say or do can be right. I could pretend to hold your views, in fact with all of you I once did hold your views. But it was never good enough. I fully recognize I could never be good enough for any of you, my very existence is a sin to you. And I"m not the only one that thinks/feels this way. I know any conservative person here thinks the same way and feels the same way too. They say so.... However I'm equally not welcome over there in fact I'm possibly less welcome over there.

Now this isn't a woah is me, I mean I get it anyone not in the "in group" deserves to be publicly crucified. And whatever dude. My point is, the reason I voice my opinions ya'll don't like, along with the ones you do like is because I don't give a fuck. Ya'll kicked all the fucks I had to give right out of me. You and everyone else I've ever interacted with. I'm tired of it... at some point something has to give. The reason I think we're near civil war is because of this extremist intolerance. I mean I'm inferior in every possible way, no matter who wins in this culture war I loose I've said so many times.

I don't say shit without any reason at all, unfortunately on social and political issues I'm less equipped to say stuff ya'll would at least think about. With science stuff there's hard data that I can be reasonably confident in. The methodologies are sound, and I can demonstrate it. With this shit? It's just all a bunch of assholes sharing ignorant opinions or so it seems when you actually try to check the studies for validity and see glaring flaws. But that's all the data accessible.... and if no one is willing to even consider that the data could be flawed in any way the fuck can I really do.

But I have no intention of being bullied or maligned without saying something about it. My life was over a decade ago. I should be fucking dead already. The fuck you think you can do to me to hurt me anyway? You can ignore me, some of you will. You can shit on me, I know who will do that already but then they've been shitting on me since TTA and I've never been nothing but nice to them. They don't care they are openly bigots (bigot= someone who hates others for holding thoughts ideas or opinions different from the ones they hold). If you tell me to shut up. No. Not gonna do it.

Because fuck it, I'm sick of this bullshit @SYZ can find me, ya'll wanna murder me go ahead. I can't fucking stop you.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 05:02 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 04:44 AM)JesseB Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 04:33 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: You're ruling out the proof that you seek...that statistics do in fact demonstrate that men are more violent and commit more violent crimes than men.  If you rule that out, what can be said to convince you?

We can both point out weaknesses of statistics, that is true; statistics can be manipulated to demonstrate things that aren't true.  I can accept that female on male violence in many cases may not make it into the statistics because of the embarassment of the male victim, okay.  But overall if you don't rely on statistics in a general sense what are we left with?  Your anecdotes versus mine?  Your personal experiences versus mine?  That's a terrible way to discern truth from fiction regarding trends in the larger population involving the experiences of literally millions of people...ergo the need for statistics.  Exactly how much bias do you think is out there dramatically impacting the results?  If woman on man violence is 100% worse than statistics show it is, it still isn't anything equal to male violence.  When cops respond to "shots fired" you can win money ALL FUCKING DAY betting they will encounter men, when an individual reports they have been raped, you can win money ALL FUCKING DAY betting it's a woman.  And on and on.  You're planting your flag on the wrong hill here Jesse.

Gonna take issue with your last point. But that's only cause I've been there. Personally. More than once in fact. It's just not something you can convince me isn't more prevalent than you're willing to admit. It may be irrational but fuck it. I've good reason to try and protect myself. And if I was a woman making an argument like this as someone who's been fucking raped (and I have), you wouldn't be such a dick about me holding an opinion that is in keeping with my experience. Kinda just hard to let that shit go. Maybe I could if it was just once or twice.... but you can't convince me it's not more common than you say. You may be right, but you can't convince me. It's an emotional thing.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 04:46 AM)JesseB Wrote: Anything a man can do a woman can do and better. #killallmen

If you only use IQ as a barometer for intelligence (which isn't all that great). Women aren't more intelligent then men. In fact, both are equal in that domain. But, using the same barometer, there are less stupid women then stupid men hence the illusion.

If you want to talk about crime though, women do commit significantly less crime then men (even if you take into account the fact that crime commited by women are underreported up to a certain point). Of course, there are some bias against men caused by the fact men are stereotypicaly perceived as more dangerous because they are perceived as more rational minded, larger, stronger and more agressive (women frequently being primary if not sole caretaker of their children are also frequently given lighter sentence for more minor crimes because of that). But that's not all. Women are actually more prone to follow any procedure/rule more closely and diligently then men. Women respect more scrupulously driving codes. In classrooms, they follow didactical procedures more closely. Women and girls cheat less often and are more prone to seek justfication for cheating behaviors before doing so instead of finding justification after the fact (in other words, they have a lower guilt threashold). They are more likely to participate in ritual behaviors like going to church regularly for example. It goes even to more ''stupid'' and small things like list making (they make and use more often lists). 

Men aren't inherently more prone to be criminals which is rare in any case. Gender roles and traditionnal expectations exposes them to a higher risk of developping criminal behaviors if the circumstances align. It also seems that women's gender roles and traditionnal expectations reduces their risks of developping criminal behaviors with the notable exception of crimes against children since those gender roles and traditionnal expectations increases their risk to harm children if the circumstances align.
The following 1 user Likes epronovost's post:
  • JesseB

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 05:00 AM)SYZ Wrote:

Nothing any of us could offer would satisfy Jesse.  He's one of these people that
truly believes that only he has all the right answers to the world's problems, and
nobody else is capable of figuring it all out.  He just claims all our data has holes
in it—but with no confirmatory evidence of that. And he says there are "cracks in
the narrative"—which I'm not sure exactly what that means.  Finally he wraps up
the whole package by claiming our statistics are "flawed", as though that's an end
to any question.

He talks the talk, but he can't walk the walk apparently LOL.

@jerry mcmasters recognized that the statistics are flawed, and that is the cracks in the narrative I'm speaking of. There are a few people who've conceded that I did make a few valid points on that regard.

Yup I can't give you what you want. Why not try looking for yourself. I wouldn't want you to take my word for it even if I provided evidence. You'd still have to go and fucking check it out to make sure it pans out. Willing to bed you didn't check it out the first time, you just accepted it blindly. Otherwise you would have had some issue with the"facts" you like to run with. because you're not stupid and you're not unreasonable.

And I never once claimed to have any answer. In fact the more I live the more I'm convinced no one has any answer, the more questions  I have, the less convinced I am in most things.

But you could convince me. I did tell you how. Just demonstrate to me exactly the validity and soundness of the statistics you want to use. The methodologies used to collect the data. Then I'd accept your statistics and you'd win. Hands down. Instead of insults why not do it? would it really be that hard for you?

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 05:16 AM)epronovost Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 04:46 AM)JesseB Wrote: Anything a man can do a woman can do and better. #killallmen

If you only use IQ as a barometer for intelligence (which isn't all that great). Women aren't more intelligent then men. In fact, both are equal in that domain. But, using the same barometer, there are less stupid women then stupid men hence the illusion.

If you want to talk about crime though, women do commit significantly less crime then men (even if you take into account the fact that crime commited by women are underreported up to a certain point). Of course, there are some bias against men caused by the fact men are stereotypicaly perceived as more dangerous because they are perceived as more rational minded, larger, stronger and more agressive (women frequently being primary if not sole caretaker of their children are also frequently given lighter sentence for more minor crimes because of that). But that's not all. Women are actually more prone to follow any procedure/rule more closely and diligently then men. Women respect more scrupulously driving codes. In classrooms, they follow didactical procedures more closely. Women and girls cheat less often and are more prone to seek justfication for cheating behaviors before doing so instead of finding justification after the fact (in other words, they have a lower guilt threashold). They are more likely to participate in ritual behaviors like going to church regularly for example. It goes even to more ''stupid'' and small things like list making (they make and use more often lists). 

Men aren't inherently more prone to be criminals which is rare in any case. Gender roles and traditionnal expectations exposes them to a higher risk of developping criminal behaviors if the circumstances align. It also seems that women's gender roles and traditionnal expectations reduces their risks of developping criminal behaviors with the notable exception of crimes against children since those gender roles and traditionnal expectations increases their risk to harm children if the circumstances align.

You know you can get attacked for saying that......

That said, I should have been a bit more clear. I think women are smarter than men like me. I am after all a retard. I know the whole bellcurve thing n shit but seeing as I'm on the far low end of the spectrum below any woman on that chart. I stand no chance against a woman in any intellectual domain.

also bravo on a nuanced answer. I can't really find anything wrong in what you said. I mean depends on what kind of crimes we're encompassing as to just how the um.... axis? moves when adjusted for accuracy and bias ya?

but aside from me you're the only person to point out that almost no men or women are really criminals. Yet we're made to feel like we all are (or maybe it's because I'm poor that I'm made to feel that way more so than most people). If I even walk past a park people would call me a pedo, if I walk pass a girl without even looking at her she'll call me a creep. Know the kinda of rumors spread about me on these forums? I do.... people do tell me what's said about me. Frankly I'd rather not know. It's not like I could change how people treat me. My experience as a man isn't unique. Though admittedly it might be mostly low quality men like me that get shitkicked so much.

My very existence is a crime and I'm reminded that all the time, and not just by women. Though I get targeted a lot by bullying from women, frankly more so than men, I think it's my height and weight that do that. Guys don't care so much as long as I work hard enough to keep them from shitting on me. I don't have to share an unpopular opinion to be demonized. I just have to exist. And I'm aware that personally my case is probably very extreme. For all the problems I have with my family, my mom went out of her way to work at every school I ever attended to protect me from the other kids because of all sorts of insane bullshit that was said about me and done to me. Just for the crime of being a bit different. In the end I was forced into home school. Funny enough though she protected me from the knowledge of what most of the things that were happening to me was going on (poorly worded but fuck it). I heard stories as an adult of what happened to me as a kid that I never knew about. The lies and rumors said about me attempts to have me thrown in jail when I was in the 5th grade that my mom protected me against. I mean I knew some of it. I knew Nick had done something realllly fucking bad I just wasn't told what. (incidentally what he did was tell his sister that I was threatening to rape her. I didn't even know what that word meant, though I did know what the act was from experience by then just my parents were religious and kept knowledge of the world from us. I never knew any of it, in the end she confessed that I never actually said it to her, Nick said it to her, and he finally admitted he was just being a little shit to her and I never said it. Considering I'd never actually even met her or said even 2 words to her before or saw her it would be pretty hard for me to say such a think. My punishment was I had to go visit Nicks house with his family and play nice with him. He was a right cunt. I hated his guts. I never knew the full story of this until I was an adult. I was never told why I had to go to his house and try and be friends with him. It didn't work I still hated him).

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 05:24 AM)JesseB Wrote: You know you can get attacked for saying that......

Everything I just posted on this thread is fairly mainstream stuff in feminist academic circles and has been so for about 20 years (if not a lot more). I have never been attacked for saying anything like that and wouldn't qualify me as part of a minority sub-group of feminism. I might have had to do some bickering over a few digit of percentage or about the influence of gender norms and socialisation vs neurochemistry surrounding crime statistics, but clearly the psychodrama surrounding this issue has been largely exagerated in my opinion.    

Quote:That said, I should have been a bit more clear. I think women are smarter than men like me. I am after all a retard. I know the whole bellcurve thing n shit but seeing as I'm on the far low end of the spectrum below any woman on that chart. I stand no chance against a woman in any intellectual domain.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, a unwarranted episode of self-pity or a mix of both.
The following 1 user Likes epronovost's post:
  • Tres Leches

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 05:38 AM)epronovost Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 05:24 AM)JesseB Wrote: You know you can get attacked for saying that......

Everything I just posted on this thread is fairly mainstream stuff in feminist academic circles and has been so for about 20 years. I have never been attacked for saying anything like that. I might have had to do some bickering over a few digit of percentage or about the influence of gender norms and socialisation vs neurochemistry surrounding crime statistics, but clearly the psychodrama surrounding this issue has been largely exagerated in my opinion.    

Quote:That said, I should have been a bit more clear. I think women are smarter than men like me. I am after all a retard. I know the whole bellcurve thing n shit but seeing as I'm on the far low end of the spectrum below any woman on that chart. I stand no chance against a woman in any intellectual domain.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, a unwarranted episode of self-pity or a mix of both.

Huh? No I'm a low IQ retard. Just ask my parents. And everyone who disagrees with me on this forum. Fuck you can't spend 37 fucking years calling me a retard and when I finally accept it accuse me of self pitty for it. I just don't care who knows.

Sex offenders at work
Why men are more likely to be violent than women

Male aggression

Why men are more violent than women
The following 3 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • epronovost, Thumpalumpacus, Aroura

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 06:16 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Why men are more likely to be violent than women

Male aggression

The second link is fairly bad in my opinion and simplistic for reasons explained in the third one. But in general, that's a fairly good resumé and introduction to the issue.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 06:45 AM)epronovost Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 06:16 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Why men are more likely to be violent than women

Male aggression

The second link is fairly bad in my opinion and simplistic for reasons explained in the third one. But in general, that's a fairly good resumé and introduction to the issue.

The entire thing ignores the fact that what was being talked about is crime, all crime, and not only violent crime. But then You're responding to someone who generally can do nothing but insult from the sidelines and then whine if they get a dose of their own medicine.

Which is why I just ignore the cunt. They have nothing of value to share.

I don't disagree that men (ON AVERAGE) have more aggression than women because of testosterone (and testosterone isn't the only reason men are likely more violent than women which I accept, I dispute the data, but I never said women are more violent than men, I said they probably commit crimes at about the same rate.... you know drugs are a crime too. A non violent crime.... how many non violent crimes can you think of, theft.... I think the gap probably closes if we look at over all, personally and it's kinda telling that it keeps getting dragged back to one fact I don't disagree with as if all crime is violent). Though aggression is not the only source of violence... One can also get to violence from a constant overabundance of negative emotion, which does not require aggression. If you feel constantly attacked, even if you aren't. There's a possibility of you lashing out with violence. So even without Testosterone or a higher level of aggression found in men, there is in fact a viable route for violence from women. Does that mean there's parity in violence. Probably not. Though there's no reliable data for anyone to know. @epronovost says once adjusted it's still "close enough" to the statistics people like to use  (paraphrasing). I'd prefer he do the due diligence and actually get the accurate information rather than just assume the results aren't that far off. Or demonstrate how you can know they are probably accurate enough. Though I do think women rape far more than people will admit, and I think it's actually probably far closer to parity than people will admit. But outside of the one source I have which does back up the claim that there's some funny math going on. Can't really say for sure. And frankly it's a personal bias from having experienced it which has admittedly left me somewhat paranoid.

Though it's still irrelevant to over all crime. The phrase missing the forest for the trees comes to mind... I'd just ignore him dude. He's just gonna sit there and spout off random not relevant bullshit and insults. It's all he ever does. And if you address him directly or insult him back he'll just cry about it. The very definition of a cry bully. Not worth your time.

Sex offenders at work
And in the psychological profession we call someone who argues against absolutely everything for no apparent reason a douche with control issues.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Vera

Sex offenders at work
(01-18-2019, 01:35 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:59 PM)PopeyesPappy Wrote: How would ya'll feel about working with a convicted violent rapist?

Seeing as how I'm not female......

That shouldn't matter. The thought of being near someone who's done violent things before should be enough to make anyone uncomfortable - even if the threat or possibility of him doing it to you isn't there.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 05:13 AM)JesseB Wrote: Look, it's real simple. I'm sick and tired of being bullied. I make very few claims about who or what I am. Those few claims I stick to, like liberal. However I'm incredibly sick of anything I think as having value in this world being non stop maligned, the constant shitting and making fun of people who look like me, the constant telling me I'm worthless over biological features I have no control over, the constant telling me I'm worthless because I'm not rich, the constant shitting on me because I'm a low IQ retard (thanks for that by the way. I never hid my learning disabilities, great leverage for ya'll, but I actually don't enjoy you using it). My entire life I've never fit in all I get are messages about how worthless and unwelcome and unwanted I am just for existing. Nothing I say or do can be right. I could pretend to hold your views, in fact with all of you I once did hold your views. But it was never good enough. I fully recognize I could never be good enough for any of you, my very existence is a sin to you. And I"m not the only one that thinks/feels this way. I know any conservative person here thinks the same way and feels the same way too. They say so.... However I'm equally not welcome over there in fact I'm possibly less welcome over there.

Now this isn't a woah is me, I mean I get it anyone not in the "in group" deserves to be publicly crucified. And whatever dude. My point is, the reason I voice my opinions ya'll don't like, along with the ones you do like is because I don't give a fuck. Ya'll kicked all the fucks I had to give right out of me. You and everyone else I've ever interacted with. I'm tired of it... at some point something has to give. The reason I think we're near civil war is because of this extremist intolerance. I mean I'm inferior in every possible way, no matter who wins in this culture war I loose I've said so many times.

I don't say shit without any reason at all, unfortunately on social and political issues I'm less equipped to say stuff ya'll would at least think about. With science stuff there's hard data that I can be reasonably confident in. The methodologies are sound, and I can demonstrate it. With this shit? It's just all a bunch of assholes sharing ignorant opinions or so it seems when you actually try to check the studies for validity and see glaring flaws. But that's all the data accessible.... and if no one is willing to even consider that the data could be flawed in any way the fuck can I really do.

But I have no intention of being bullied or maligned without saying something about it. My life was over a decade ago. I should be fucking dead already. The fuck you think you can do to me to hurt me anyway? You can ignore me, some of you will. You can shit on me, I know who will do that already but then they've been shitting on me since TTA and I've never been nothing but nice to them. They don't care they are openly bigots (bigot= someone who hates others for holding thoughts ideas or opinions different from the ones they hold). If you tell me to shut up. No. Not gonna do it.

Because fuck it, I'm sick of this bullshit @SYZ can find me, ya'll wanna murder me go ahead. I can't fucking stop you.

Might I suggest a therapist? Just because people disagree with you, doesn't automatically mean they are bullying you. If they disagree with you and you hurl back with insults, you're going to have to learn to take what you dish out. And if you think that the other person has to be the bigger person first - well then that just shows the immaturity of that line of thinking. How about trying to be more diplomatic instead of defensive for a change? This isn't the first thread you've done this in and generally I like your posts. Understand that not everyone gets along with everyone else and that personalities will clash - even online. Accept it and move on instead of trying to get that jab in where it doesn't need to be. Learn to walk away from issues that are triggering or toxic to you and from people who you don't get along with.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 4 users Like Joods's post:
  • Vera, JesseB, Tres Leches, Szuchow

Sex offenders at work
(01-20-2019, 05:16 AM)JesseB Wrote: Gonna take issue with your last point. But that's only cause I've been there. Personally. More than once in fact. It's just not something you can convince me isn't more prevalent than you're willing to admit. It may be irrational but fuck it. I've good reason to try and protect myself. And if I was a woman making an argument like this as someone who's been fucking raped (and I have), you wouldn't be such a dick about me holding an opinion that is in keeping with my experience. Kinda just hard to let that shit go. Maybe I could if it was just once or twice.... but you can't convince me it's not more common than you say. You may be right, but you can't convince me. It's an emotional thing.

You need to differentiate between your feelings and the rest of the world. Just because you feel it happens more often because it happened to you doesn't make it so. Just because you don't trust the statistical agreement on which gender perpetrates more sex crimes doesn't mean those statistics are fatally flawed. And just because Jerry's disagreeing with you doesn't mean he's being a dick to you.

Quite frankly, whenever you find yourself writing "It's just not something you can convince me", you've left the bounds of reason. Reality doesn't care what you feel.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Vera, Tres Leches, Szuchow