Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Catholics

Damned Catholics
The hypocrisy of these pious shits in dresses is simply astonishing.  Someone ought to tell them that the way they are going they can't afford to turn anyone away.

Besides, they should love gays.  That's where most of their priests seem to come from!

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/catholi...rents-gay/

Quote:Catholic school bans kindergartener because his parents are gay

Quote:A Kansas Catholic school has decided a prospective kindergarten student will not be admitted because his parents are in a same-sex relationship. Many in the local community are angered – so angered that the Archdiocese that runs the school has been publicly forced to defend its decision, a defense many are not supporting.

If they can't get away with this shit in Kansas they are really screwed.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Damned Catholics
(03-07-2019, 06:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote: The hypocrisy of these pious shits in dresses is simply astonishing...

Apparently the priests wear those dresses for quicker access to their genitals.

Note the full-length opening down the front, which means they don't have to take the dress off entirely;
they can just undo half a dozen buttons at penis height.

[Image: Catholic3.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Minimalist

Damned Catholics
The Aussies seem to be getting the hint!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/world...ule=inline

Quote:In Australia, Catholic Church’s Bank Is Full, but Pews Are Empty

Quote:Even compared with other countries facing long-running abuse scandals, Australia’s decline in church attendance is remarkable: In the 1950s, 74 percent of Catholics in Australia attended Mass weekly. In 2011, only 12 percent of the country’s 5.3 million Catholics went to Mass periodically (not even weekly), and that is expected to fall again when new data is published this year.

The exodus in Australia is a far more dramatic defection than in the United States, where 39 percent of Catholics say they attend church at least once a week, according to a Gallup poll last year, or Ireland, where weekly attendance has fallen to 44 percent.

Can't blame them for not wanting to listen to a bunch of perverts tell them to be "holy."
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • SYZ, Fireball, brunumb

Damned Catholics
Just as telling; 28% of Aussie adults brought up as Roman Catholics now describe themselves as having "no religion".

And in an Aussie survey (by McCrindle Research) just 8% of Christians attend church at least once per month. The
survey also discovered that 47% of respondents do not go to church because it is "irrelevant to my life", 26% "don't
accept  how it's taught", while 19% "do not believe in the bible"

All good news. Thumbs Up
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Gwaithmir, brunumb

Damned Catholics
Pope Fuckface can't seem to accept the resignation of a child molester.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47629279

Quote:Pope rejects Cardinal Barbarin's resignation over abuse cover-up

Quote:Pope Francis has turned down a French cardinal's offer to resign over a Church sex abuse cover-up.
Earlier this month, Cardinal Philippe Barbarin was found guilty of failing to report historical allegations of assaults by a priest in his diocese.
He is appealing against the verdict, but offered to quit as France's most senior Roman Catholic cleric on Monday.
Although the Pope has rejected the resignation, Barbarin said he would stand aside "for a while".

If there is one thing the church has plenty of it is perverts to fill in the ranks of those who get caught!

Damned Catholics
Go for it, West Virginia.  All they care about is money, anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/19/us/we...ss&emc=rss

Quote:West Virginia Sues Bishop and Diocese Over Sex Abuse, Citing Consumer Protection

Quote:The West Virginia attorney general filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against a retired top bishop and the state’s only Roman Catholic diocese, saying that they “knowingly employed pedophiles,” the latest in a string of attempts by law enforcement to hold officials accountable for sexual abuse in the church.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • brunumb

Damned Catholics
This really is one sick motherfucker!

https://www.chron.com/news/texas/article...704200.php

Quote:

Catholic priest accused of groping woman during last rites

Quote:AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Roman Catholic priest has been arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge after he was accused of groping a woman in home hospice care while giving her last rites.
The Rev. Gerold Langsch, of Austin, was arrested Thursday and charged with assault by contact stemming from the Oct. 5 encounter. The 75-year-old priest is free on $15,000 bond. If convicted, he could be sentenced to a year in jail and fined up to $4,000.

Police contend in the arrest affidavit that the woman was in hospice care for complications from diabetes when Lansch went to her home to administer the sacrament of anointing the sick, a sacrament of absolution. The woman, who is still alive, reported that Langsch first anointed her chest with holy water, then began to apply lotion, massaging a breast, pinching a nipple and asking "Does that feel good?" He then tried to slip his hand inside her diaper but was unable to.

Damned Catholics
If only they were so diligent when it came to punishing the child rapists!

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/catholi...rilegious/

Quote:Catholic priests burn Harry Potter books for being ‘sacrilegious’

Then again, its probably the same people doing both.
  • Szuchow

Damned Catholics
Poland. Hmmmm.

Damned Catholics
Figures, huh?
  • Phaedrus

Damned Catholics
And another passel of pervert priests is revealed.  This time in NY.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/26/nyreg...ss&emc=rss

Quote:New York Archdiocese Names 120 Catholic Priests Accused of Abuse

The disclosure, one of the largest to be made by the church, comes after bishops across the country identified suspected abusers.

Lots of bad apples in that barrel.

Damned Catholics
Looks like Poland is next in the barrel for the pervert priest klan.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05...e-reports/

Quote:Polish Catholic Church expects 'wave' of child sex abuse reports after release of film on paedophilia

Quote:Poland's Catholic Church says it is expecting a "wave" of reports of child sex abuse by priests as it struggles to cope with the impact of a new film on paedophilia in the church that has been seen by millions.
The crowd-funded two-hour-long film 'Just Don't Tell Anyone' has so far had over 14 million views on YouTube in just three days, and proved to be a sensation in Poland while appearing to deliver a hammer blow to the moral credibility of the Catholic Church.
The film, which hears the accounts of victims and some confessions from their abusers, has already prompted Archbishop Stanislaw Gadecki, the head of Poland’s episcopate, to issue an apology to “all those harmed” but now the Church appears to be bracing itself for an avalanche of sexual abuse allegations.

Wouldn't it be great to see Poland go the way of Ireland and tell Pope Frankie to go fuck himself?
  • Fireball

Damned Catholics
(05-15-2019, 10:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Looks like Poland is next in the barrel for the pervert priest klan.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05...e-reports/

Quote:Polish Catholic Church expects 'wave' of child sex abuse reports after release of film on paedophilia

Quote:Poland's Catholic Church says it is expecting a "wave" of reports of child sex abuse by priests as it struggles to cope with the impact of a new film on paedophilia in the church that has been seen by millions.
The crowd-funded two-hour-long film 'Just Don't Tell Anyone' has so far had over 14 million views on YouTube in just three days, and proved to be a sensation in Poland while appearing to deliver a hammer blow to the moral credibility of the Catholic Church.
The film, which hears the accounts of victims and some confessions from their abusers, has already prompted Archbishop Stanislaw Gadecki, the head of Poland’s episcopate, to issue an apology to “all those harmed” but now the Church appears to be bracing itself for an avalanche of sexual abuse allegations.

Wouldn't it be great to see Poland all countries go the way of Ireland and tell Pope Frankie to go fuck himself?

Smile
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Minimalist

Damned Catholics
Naturally, there are a couple of catholick assholes at the bottom of this!

Tell me, oh great mystical, catholick geniuses..... why does "god" need a feeding tube?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48344426

Quote:Vincent Lambert: Life support must resume after court reverses ruling

Quote:A French court has ordered doctors to resume life support for a quadriplegic man whose case has become central to the right-to-die debate in France.
Doctors had begun switching off life support for Vincent Lambert, 42, on Monday, before the court order.
Mr Lambert has been in a vegetative state since a 2008 motorcycle accident.
His care has divided the country and his family. His wife has called for his feeding tubes to be withdrawn; his parents insist he be kept alive.

Quote:His wife, six of his siblings and his nephew favour artificial life-support being ended - but his devoutly Roman Catholic parents, Pierre and Viviane, and two other siblings have remained adamant it should continue.

Who is picking up the tab?  You can bet your ass that god is not chipping in!

Damned Catholics
So Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the leader of Law and Justice, says "anyone who raises their hand against the
Church, raises their hand against Poland".

Earlier this year, Kaczynski characterised the LGBT rights movement as a foreign import that threatens
the Polish nation. He also stated that everyone must accept Christianity and questioning the Roman
Catholic Church in Poland as unpatriotic: "We are dealing with a direct attack on the family and children
—the sexualization of children, that entire LBGT movement, and gender. This is imported, but today they
actually threaten our identity, our nation, its continuation and therefore the Polish state."

Damned Catholics
Every Polish joke I ever heard just flashed through my head!

Damned Catholics
Go for it, Michigan!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/24/us/mi...artner=rss

Quote:Michigan Attorney General Announces First Arrests in Catholic Clergy Abuse Investigation

Quote:Michigan law enforcement officials made their first arrests in a statewide investigation into Roman Catholic clergy sexual abuse, the state’s attorney general announced on Friday.
Five former Catholic priests have been charged with criminal sexual conduct, Attorney General Dana Nessel said at a news conference. But hundreds, or even thousands, of alleged victims could still remain across the state, she said.
“This is just the tip of the iceberg,” she said. “We anticipate many more charges and arrests.”

I suppose any moment now we'll be hearing from the "it's just a few bad apples" crowd!

Damned Catholics
Waddaya know.....yet another scumbag bishop unmasked!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa...story.html

Quote:Catholic bishop who knew about incidents of child sexual abuse but did not report them calls LGBTQ Pride Month ‘harmful for children’

It seems that these fuckbags are the only ones who are allowed to harm children cuz "jesus."

Damned Catholics
https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik...story.html

UC San Francisco announced Tuesday that it is dropping plans for an expanded affiliation with Dignity Health, a Catholic hospital chain that places flagrantly discriminatory restrictions on abortions, transgender care and other services.
As we’ve been reporting, those concerns stemmed from Dignity’s adherence to Catholic Church dictates regarding women’s reproductive healthcare and transgender services, among others. St. Mary’s and Dominican are designated as Catholic hospitals subject to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Service, known as ERDs.

Damned Catholics indeed.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Minimalist, Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
At least this drunken bastard didn't molest the kids the way the pervert priests do.

https://www.wate.com/news/national-world..._Your_Side

Quote:Catholic school principal arrested after refusing to pay tab at strip club

I'm sure jesus would approve.

Damned Catholics
(06-03-2019, 01:08 AM)Minimalist Wrote: At least this drunken bastard didn't molest the kids the way the pervert priests do.

https://www.wate.com/news/national-world..._Your_Side

Quote:Catholic school principal arrested after refusing to pay tab at strip club

I'm sure jesus would approve.

Seems like more of a Protestant thing.  Replace "Catholic" with Baptist or Presbyterian or whatever and I wouldn't bat an eye, but with Catholic I think, wait, bro, why are you in a strip club, can't you get off to choirboys?
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
Well, he wasn't a priest.  That's a very special little club.
  • jerry mcmasters

Damned Catholics
(06-03-2019, 01:08 AM)Minimalist Wrote: At least this drunken bastard didn't molest the kids the way the pervert priests do.

Quote:Catholic school principal arrested after refusing to pay tab at strip club...

I'm sure Jesus would approve.

Is it possible that Jesus was also a latent paedophile?    Would you (as a parent)
let a strange man, unknown to you, hug your children, and lay his hands on them?

People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When
Jesus saw this, he was indignant, and said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the
kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little
child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

—Mark 10:13-16

I'm somewhat concerned whenever I see images such as this too...

[Image: Pope_Francis_with_a_group_of_disabled_ch....jpg?w=760]

An old man wearing a dress hugging a 10-year-old girl in a fairly intimate fashion.    Dodgy

Damned Catholics
Anything is possible but for now I will stick with the obvious that jesus didn't even exist.
  • Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
(06-02-2019, 09:29 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Waddaya know.....yet another scumbag bishop unmasked!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa...story.html

Quote:Catholic bishop who knew about incidents of child sexual abuse but did not report them calls LGBTQ Pride Month ‘harmful for children’

It seems that these fuckbags are the only ones who are allowed to harm children cuz "jesus."

He should be facing charges of aiding and abetting pedophiles.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Fireball