Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Catholics

Damned Catholics
(01-13-2020, 02:34 PM)Cavebear Wrote: I am frequently amused at the self-induced failures of some theisms.  But I tip my hat to the Catholics who seem to have developed it into a fine art...

Fair's fair; the catlics have had 2000 years to practice. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Minimalist

Damned Catholics
(11-29-2019, 10:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Longinus being a Roman cognomen (3d name) meaning "long" or "tall."  How convenient for a spear, eh?

Puts me in mind of this :

The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Minimalist

Damned Catholics
truthseekersasciencespiritual.blogspot.com/
   Christianity, the Religion
1. BABYLON, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
             In this section I must implore you, the reader, to set aside your natural concepts. I must re-emphasize that such concepts will lead you to consider good as always being from God, causing you to be fooled by Satan's master work. If you want to see things from the spiritual point of view‑ the reality behind the outward appearance‑ you must lay aside personal opinion in order to have an open mind, especially in the subject that we will now consider. All that I ask is that your evaluation of what I have to say be objective, rational, and honest. It is not my intention to criticize any individuals or to question their sincerity‑ that is between them and the Lord‑ but it is necessary that I expose certain categories of people, so if the shoe fits so be it.
            From this point on, understand that whenever the term "Christianity" is used in this book, it does not include Roman Catholicism; Christianity will refer to all organized religion that is ostensibly following Christ and that does not contain any heretical teachings or practices. Catholicism is not even a Christian religion.

Author's Note:
            There are two women at the end of this age who claim to have a relationship with Christ.
            One woman is the pure, holy, spotless, and without wrinkles bride of Christ. Nothing indicates her size; only her purity and singleness of heart are portrayed.
            The other woman is a great harlot with many daughters. She claims Christ as her husband, but is in reality married to the satanic world system. She is depicted as great, powerful, world‑wide, rich, and full of fornication and idolatry.
            At the time of the uploading of this book (2000), the most accurate estimates are that the priesthood of the Roman Catholic Church has an HIV‑AIDS infection rate somewhere between 8 and 11 times that of the general population. This is pure, and this is holy? Again, which of these two women is the accurate depiction of the Roman Catholic Church?
            COME  OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE!!!
             THIS IS THE DESPARATE PLEA OF OUR HUSBAND TO ALL OF HIS LOVERS TO SEPARATE THEMSEVES FROM ALL OF THE WORLD SYSTEM!!!
WHY???  SO THAT  THEY BE MARRIED NOW IN THEIR BEING TO HIM!!!

Who are the harlot daughters of Babylon? In order to realize the answer to this question, we must realize the Scriptural implications of the word 'harlot.' According to Ezekiel Chapter 16, Jeremiah Chapter 51, and Isaiah Chapter 47, a harlot in the eye of God is one who claims to belong to God but is in actuality unfaithful due to prostituting herself to the world system. A harlot in God's eyes, then, is anyone who pollutes the things of God by mixing them with the things of the world.
            There is, however, one very important difference between the Old Testament descriptions of Israel's harlotry and the descriptions of this New Testament harlot. Whereas Israel was an unfaithful wife who could legitimately claim God as her husband, the Lord has never recognized any claim made upon him by Babylon. Consequently, He refers to her as "that woman," "the great whore," and "a woman." Babylon can never legitimately claim to be the Lord's purpose or intention.

If you are a believer in Babylon, most likely you have been told that as long as you are saved, everything is okay: you will be raptured to heaven before the Tribulation starts and live happily ever after. Do you know what the main purpose of the Tribulation is? The main purpose of the Tribulation is not, strictly speaking, to punish the world. The judgment of the world occurs after the Tribulation. Why does God allow the bad time of the Tribulation to occur‑ is God cruel? Certainly not! The main purpose of the Tribulation is to mature in Christ the majority of Christians, who have allowed so many things to interfere with their spiritual growth. As we will see in Chapter Nine, most Christians will still be here on the Earth during the Tribulation. Do not accept the lie that as long as you are saved, your problems are over.
                And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. (Rev. 18:4 Intl. Greek)

1. Religion is man's attempt to please God with his own capability. The source of religion is the self (the natural man), the expression of the fallen nature of man's flesh upon his corrupted soul.
 2. In total opposition to religion is Jesus Christ, the complete God and perfect man. This is God's provision for man to believe into and receive in order to fully meet every requirement and desire of God‑ to thoroughly enable man to become fully one with God in life and nature (but NOT in His Godhead) in order to co‑inhere with the Triune God for eternity.
3. If my dear brothers and sisters in religion were in reality following the living, present person of Christ Himself they would not be divided. Instead, they have become captives of an evil counterfeit system. Their hearts have deceived them into ‘doing what is right in their own minds’- resulting in worshipping God according to their concept and preference. Even the unbelievers know this, their accurate observation is: "If Jesus Christ is real, then why are there so many kinds of Christians?" "Come out of her, my people" is His urgent call. Do not try to improve or change her, come out of her.
The oneness among believers is what we value the least, and what Satan fears the most. My dearest eternal family (those in Babylon still), will you forsake your opinions and preferences so that the Lord can use you as material for the fulfillment of the greatest prophesy in the Bible: "I will build my church". Open up to and pray over John 17:20‑21 to the Lord and may He impart this ultimate desire of His heart into your heart.

Damned Catholics
To paraphrase Nathaniel Hawthorne:  No man was ever more justly banned!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
The pervert priests are running their fucking mouths again.  "Pedophilia not so bad...."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa...uratedpage

Quote:Rhode Island priest says ‘pedophilia doesn’t kill anyone’ but abortion does after banning lawmakers from communion

I guess the people who have committed suicide because of being ass-raped by fucking priests don't count, huh?

Keep chasing people away from your gang of scum-sucking, jesus-loving perverts.  You do the world a favor, dickhead.
  • Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
(02-11-2020, 04:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote: The pervert priests are running their fucking mouths again.  "Pedophilia not so bad...."

That has to be one of the most repugnant assertions I've ever heard from a member of the clergy.    Angry

I suppose that this Reverend Richard Bucci is the type of church leader that our resident
god-botherer Drich looks up to as a defender of righteousness.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Damned Catholics
Quote:That has to be one of the most repugnant assertions I've ever heard from a member of the clergy.

And that covers a lot of ground!

Damned Catholics
Never, ever, think the church will do the right thing.  It just isn't their way.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/pope-fr...-celibacy/

Quote:Pope Francis sides with traditionalists on priest celibacy

So now these "celibate" priests can go back to raping the altar boys with a clear conscience.
  • Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
Every bit as bad as the fucking church!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02...se-claims/

Quote: Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy after thousands of sex abuse claims

The bankruptcy is a painful turn for an organisation that has been a pillar of American civic life for generations

Quote:Barraged by hundreds of sex-abuse lawsuits, the Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy protection Tuesday in hopes of working out a potentially mammoth victim compensation plan that will allow the hallowed, 110-year-old organisation to carry on.
The Chapter 11 filing in federal bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware, sets in motion what could be one of the biggest, most complex bankruptcies ever seen.
Scores of lawyers are seeking settlements on behalf of several thousand men who say they were molested as scouts by scoutmasters or other leaders decades ago but are only now eligible to sue because of recent changes in their states' statute-of-limitations laws.
  • Fireball

Damned Catholics
Deadpan Coffee Drinker  I'm sure that they can part with some of the treasure hanging on the walls in the Vatican.

As for the BSA, they have incredibly deep pockets and vast tracts of land in their possession.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Damned Catholics
The bigger question, your assholiness, is will your pervert priests ever stop ass-raping the altar boys?
That's a little more important than your silly-assed fasting shit.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/chicago...ring-lent/

Quote:Chicago Archdiocese says no to veggie burgers during Lent

You sanctimonious cunt.
  • Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
Pope Francis urged Catholics to stop posting insulting language on social media during fasting period of Lent.
The Pope criticised the rise of online trolling and suggested Catholics gave up useless chatter and gossip. "We
live in an atmosphere polluted by too much verbal violence, too many offensive and harmful words, which are
amplified by the internet" he said.

"Lent is a time in which to turn off the television and open the Bible. Lent is a time to disconnect from cell
phones and connect to the Gospel. It is the time to give up useless words, chatter, rumours, gossip, and talk
and to speak directly to the Lord."

—I have an even better suggestion for Lent:  How about Catholic priests give up paedophilia for 40 days?
The following 4 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Minimalist, brunumb, Full Circle

Damned Catholics
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/church-...mily-says/

Quote:Church is denying First Communion to our son because he has autism, family says

Quote:The church told the parents on Tuesday that their son could not receive the First Community because his disability prevents him from determining right from wrong,

Since when did that matter to any religitards?
  • brunumb

Damned Catholics
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03...ed-french/

Quote:French priest jailed for abuse of boy scouts in scandal that rocked French Church

Quote:A French priest who acknowledged sexually abusing at least 75 boys over decades has been sentenced to five years in prison, in France's worst case of clergy abuse to reach trial.

As bad as that is, this is worse.

Quote:During the trial, Preynat said he became interested in young boys when he was 14 or 15, and he discussed it with his bishop of the time, but was still later ordained as a priest. Preynat testified that while working as their scout chaplain, he abused up to two boys "almost every weekend" from 1970 to 1990 and as many as four or five a week when he led one-week scout camps. He said that successive Lyon cardinals told him to stop, but didn't report him to police.

Damned Catholics
Hmmm.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-52506153

Quote:No pews, holy water or hymn books in Catholic church post-lockdown plan

I'll bet they figure out a way to disinfect the collection plate, though!
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • brunumb, Fireball

Damned Catholics
(05-02-2020, 02:09 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Hmmm.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-52506153

Quote:No pews, holy water or hymn books in Catholic church post-lockdown plan

I'll bet they figure out a way to disinfect the collection plate, though!

If they're smart, they'll just set it up so that you can give your offering via your cell phone or tablet when prompted.  And you can access an online hymnal that way too.  No risk of (biological) viruses at all.

Also, it's much easier to guilt the sheep if you can actually track who gave what amount.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 2 users Like Reltzik's post:
  • Minimalist, Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
There's even less of a risk if no one goes to a fucking church at all.  Of course then you don't need altar boys and that will take all the fun out of it for the pervert priests.

Damned Catholics
Amazing.  It seems this pious piece of popish poop has nothing bad to say about pervert priests, though.  Why am I not surprized?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa...oft-Single Chain~Recommender~top-right-chain~2headline-stack~~4~no-art~automated~curatedpage

Quote:Ex-pope Benedict XVI links gay marriage, abortion with the Antichrist in new book

Damned Catholics
And don't forget Ratzinger was a former Hitler Youth member. He always was an arsehole, and still is apparently.

Damned Catholics
Somehow, I don't think I'll be in any hurry to put Ratzinger's latest book on my Amazon wish list.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Damned Catholics
More than 12,000 Catholic churches in the US applied for PPP loans -- and 9,000 got them

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/catholic-ch...-9000-got/

Since when are churches qualifying for small business loans while not paying business taxes? Apparently since now.

In fairness it looks like Protestant churches are pulling this shit too.

Damned Catholics
They're all crooks.
  • Gwaithmir

Damned Catholics
(05-09-2020, 11:07 PM)mordant Wrote: More than 12,000 Catholic churches in the US applied for PPP loans -- and 9,000 got them...

Churches in Australia pay no Federal income tax, no local council rates, no land tax, and no fire levy, as
they're classed as "non-profit" organisations.  Yes;  I laugh too.  Advancing religion is presumed to be of
public benefit within the Charities Act 2013.  And religious organisations are also exempt from standard
accounting and record-keeping obligations under Federal regulations.

There's been a recent outcry about church-run schools receiving taxpayer funding for swimming pools;
theatres and halls, sports playing fields, tennis and squash courts, and chapels—whilst state-run schools
in the main generally lack those things.   Upwards of 40% of our politicians are practicing Christians, so
it's not difficult in seeing the correlation.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • brunumb

Damned Catholics
(05-10-2020, 10:11 AM)SYZ Wrote: Upwards of 40% of our politicians are practicing Christians

40%, you say?

US Congress:  88.2% Christian (of various stripes), 6.4% Jewish, 3.4% not reporting, only 0.2% unaffiliated.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov

Damned Catholics
Can you say "Foxes and Hen Houses?"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52694489

Quote:Polish archbishop refers child sex abuse case to Vatican

Quote:The head of Poland's Roman Catholic Church has said he is asking the Vatican to investigate the cover-up of child sexual abuse by priests.

Archbishop Wojciech Polak called on the Church hierarchy to "launch proceedings" following the release of a documentary on the subject on Saturday.

I wonder if they'll find any? Tongue