Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Years Rendezvous with Ultima Thule

New Horizons, the probe that flew by Pluto in 2016 is scheduled to fly by a very distant Kuiper Belt Object named Ultima Thule in the early hours of 2019. The first images will be available here. Ultima Thule has already proven to be an oddball. Early measurements show that it has an oddly elongate shape and no apparent light curve.
The following 4 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • brewerb, SYZ, julep, tomilay

This will show my age...

The following 1 user Likes pocaracas's post:
  • KittyAnn

And here I thought this thread was going to be about a new game by Lord British.   Dunno
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(12-23-2018, 06:19 PM)pocaracas Wrote: This will show my age...

Here's my age . . .

Does this "Ultima Thule" reside in the Underworld?

[Image: 220px-Ultima_Underworld_cover.png]

I played this game on DOS when I was a kid, lmao. Although I only ever had the demo (I have the full game now thanks to gog.com Big Grin Although, now I'm an adult, I do more things with the game besides make my character take all her clothes off).
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • pocaracas