Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A helpful guide to commonly used acronyms and meanings

A helpful guide to commonly used acronyms and meanings
This will probably be a continual work but I thought it would be smart to post a guide to the common acronyms and definitions that are sometimes used in mafia games. 
  • LAMIST - Look At Me, I'm So Town. This term is used when a player says something to make themselves appear extra townish. 
  • OMGUS - Oh My God U Suck! Generally, this is done when you vote to lynch a person because they voted to lynch you. 
  • WIFOM - Wine In Front Of Me. This generally is the result of overthinking a position about a person. The concept arises from the following: 

• Fluff - No acronym. It's just a term we use to describe parts in a post that mean nothing to the game. 
  • Popcorn Posts - Posts from dead players or people not playing the game. Since neither group is allowed to comment on the game while it is in progress, popcorn posts are allowed. Generally, they consist of an image of someone eating popcorn indicating that they are following the thread intently. [Image: 1RftE7R.gif]
  • IC/OOC - In Character / Out Of Character: Refers to parts of posts where someone is describing something from either an in character or an out of character point of view. 
  • ATE - Appeal To Emotion. Using emotion to appeal to everyone else. Especially when your head is on the chopping block and you're about to get lynched!
  • POV - Point Of View. Refers to one's point of view about a particular issue or subject. 
  • LyLo (Lynch or Lose) - A point in the game where town must lynch scum correctly on that day, or they (town) lose the game.
  • MyLo (Mislynch and Lose) - A point in the game where if town mislynches, they (town) lose the game. The difference with this and LyLo is that in MyLo, a "no lynch" is still an option, but keep in mind, the next day will be LyLo. 
Edited to add: 
  • POE - Process of Elimination 
  • SvT - Scum vs. Town - When an argument arises between scum and a townie. 
  • TvT - Town vs. Town - When an argument arises between two town members. 
  • Tunneling - When a player develops tunnel vision and refuses to consider alternate suspects or other points of view. 
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 3 users Like Joods's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Paleophyte, Aliza