Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Quotes about Atheism, Agnosticism, And Religion

Quote:CNN

Jonathan Steingard, frontman for the Christian rock band Hawk Nelson, has gone public with some personal news. In a recent lengthy post on his Instagram account, the singer shared that he no longer believes in God.

The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Wow good for him. He's going to get a ton of shit for that I bet.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Alan V, Finite Monkeys, Gwaithmir

“The story of the resurrection of Jesus is the absolute worst example anyone can possibly give for the reliability of the Bible. And I’m not exaggerating. Let me tell you why I’m not exaggerating. Many stories in the Bible are given once or twice; the resurrection story is given five times. You can compare them. Scholars have never been able to reconcile those contradictory accounts of the resurrection of Jesus.” (Dan Barker)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, Cheerful Charlie, M.Linoge

A Mormon told me that they don't drink coffee. I said, "A cup of coffee every day gives you wonderful benefits." He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well, it keeps you from being Mormon ..."

Emo Phillips
And my little boy named my truck "Giddyup gah gah gah!"  Isn't he cute?  He's only eight.

The following 5 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard, Gwaithmir, Mr Greene, brunumb, M.Linoge

"God is always invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things you do not understand. Now when you finally discover how something works, you get some laws which are taking away from God; you don’t need him anymore. But you need him for the other mysteries. So therefore you leave him to create the universe because we have not figured it out yet; you need him for understanding those things which you do not believe the laws will explain, such as consciousness, or why you live to a certain length of time---life and death---stuff like that. God is always associated with those things you do not understand." (Richard Feynman)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, brunumb, M.Linoge