Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Quotes about Atheism, Agnosticism, And Religion

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But as much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking.” (Carl Sagan)  Consider
The following 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus, Chas, Fireball, brunumb, Alan V

"It is impossible that there should be inhabitants on the opposite side of the Earth, since no such race is recorded by Scripture among the descendants of Adam."
Augustine
[Image: signature%20The-Ascension-of-Iweko.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Alan V, Phaedrus, Cheerful Charlie, Gwaithmir

"Sometimes when I'm faced with an atheist, I am tempted to invite him to the greatest gourmet dinner that one could ever serve, and when we have finished eating that magnificent dinner, to ask him if believes there's a cook." (Ronald Reagan)  Thinking
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus, brunumb

"If the people of this religion are asked about the proof for the soundness of their religion, they flare up, get angry and spill the blood of whoever confronts them with this question. They forbid rational speculation, and strive to kill their adversaries. This is why truth became thoroughly silenced and concealed."

- Muhammad Ibn Zakariya Al-Razi (854 – 925 AD)
Plunk your magic twanger Froggy!   Boinnnnnng!  Hiya Kids!  Hiya! Hiya!

The following 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • mordant, Phaedrus

"Although I'm an atheist, I don't fear death more than, say, sharing a room in a detox center with a sobbing Rush Limbaugh." (Berkeley Breathed, Cartoonist)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • airportkid