Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
circumcision why why not...

I need to correct a little mistake I made a few comments back.  I said "When I was born, religion
in a nominally Anglo-Christian country had nothing to do with religion (other than Judaism of course)..."

Of course I meant "When I was born, circumsion in a nominally Anglo-Christian country had nothing
to do with religion (other than Judaism of course)..."

—Quelle belle dommage.       Blushsmiley
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • JesseB, Aliza

(11-24-2018, 08:51 AM)SYZ Wrote: I need to correct a little mistake I made a few comments back.  I said "When I was born, religion
in a nominally Anglo-Christian country had nothing to do with religion (other than Judaism of course)..."

Of course I meant "When I was born, circumsion in a nominally Anglo-Christian country had nothing
to do with religion (other than Judaism of course)..."

—Quelle belle dommage.       Blushsmiley

Lol nice catch.

I do think however it has a lot to do with Christianity, more accurately historically and then perpetuated despite the religion having had lost it's influence. If it wasn't for Judaism, and Christianity no one in your country would have EVER been snipped. It is exclusively a practice founded in that religion and then people twist themselves into knots trying to justify it's perpetuation, often just making up asinine bullshit to justify perpetuating it simply on the basis that they now think it's normal and see nothing wrong with it. Now I get that you may think it's healthy to do so, and I dispute that I find any potential links to health dubious at best, however that isn't the real reason it's perpetuated. Don't you think?
The following 1 user Likes JesseB's post:
  • SYZ

(11-25-2018, 06:57 AM)JesseB Wrote: ...Now I get that you may think it's healthy to do so, and I dispute that I find any potential links to health dubious at best, however that isn't the real reason it's perpetuated. Don't you think?

I guess I can only speak authoritatively from my personal position, that when I was circumcised as a baby,
society was vastly different to what it is today, and societal "standards" were in some cases diametrically
opposite to today's.  Never having had children, I honestly don't know what I'd do with my male baby today,
but I'd most likely leave him uncut unless there was an urgent medical reason requiring circumcision.

My father was also circumcised, so there's that too.  Lots of fathers back then wanted, or thought, that their
sons should "look like their dads".  Which of course, in hindsight, is a nonsensical reason.
  • JesseB, Kim

This is why yes Angel

"Kate Beckinsale at the Deauville film festival in September

Name: The foreskin facial.

Appearance: A serum cloned from the circumcised foreskins of South Korean babies.

Quick question: is this the end of the world? Not at all. It is perfectly normal to want to have the liquidised foreskins of multiple babies rubbed all over your face.

You’re sure? Because this sounds exactly like something that would happen before or in the aftermath of the collapse of civilisation. Don’t be daft. Kate Beckinsale had it done. She seems like a nice, normal person, right?

The same Kate Beckinsale who dresses up as a pantomime horse? That’s right.

I’ll hate myself for this, but can you explain the foreskin facial? Of course! Epidermal growth factor (EGF) serum is derived from the progenitor cells of the human fibroblast taken from the foreskins of newborn babies.

And what does it do? Glad you asked. It helps to generate collagen and elastin, which can help to boost the radiance of your face. Fun sidenote: it also smells exactly like sperm!

Well, sign me up. Wait, there’s more. For the serum to take hold, a beauty therapist must first microneedle you.

I don’t know what that is. Oh, it’s fun. It’s where a pen containing dozens of tiny needles repeatedly stabs you in the face hundreds of thousands of times. It’s excruciatingly painful, but it does help the baby foreskins sink into your face.

Seriously, where do I sign? Ah – bad news. According to several reports, there’s a two-year waiting list for the foreskin facial. Plus, a single treatment costs nearly £500.

Better leave it to the likes of Beckinsale, then. If it helps, she’s thrilled with the treatment. She recently captioned a closeup of her pristine face: “After a long flight I do like to lie down and be covered in a mask of liquified cloned foreskins – frankly who doesn’t?”

Did her followers agree? That depends. Do comments such as “Disgusting”, “You are disgusting” and “I used to like you” qualify as agreement?

I mean, she probably had worse reviews for some of the Underworld films. Anyway, it’s not something anyone should worry about. Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock are reportedly also fans.

What good is that? It means the treatment will eventually trickle down to our level. Soon we’ll all be able to buy liquidised foreskins from Superdrug, you mark my words.

Do say: “EGF therapy is the must-have treatment of 2018.”

Don’t say: “You’re only as old as the harvested baby foreskins you wipe across you face in an attempt to stave off signs of your inevitable death.”
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Kim

(11-26-2018, 07:32 PM)Vera Wrote: This is why yes Angel

"Kate Beckinsale at the Deauville film festival in September

Name: The foreskin facial.

Appearance: A serum cloned from the circumcised foreskins of South Korean babies.

Quick question: is this the end of the world? Not at all. It is perfectly normal to want to have the liquidised foreskins of multiple babies rubbed all over your face.

You’re sure? Because this sounds exactly like something that would happen before or in the aftermath of the collapse of civilisation. Don’t be daft. Kate Beckinsale had it done. She seems like a nice, normal person, right?

The same Kate Beckinsale who dresses up as a pantomime horse? That’s right.

I’ll hate myself for this, but can you explain the foreskin facial? Of course! Epidermal growth factor (EGF) serum is derived from the progenitor cells of the human fibroblast taken from the foreskins of newborn babies.

And what does it do? Glad you asked. It helps to generate collagen and elastin, which can help to boost the radiance of your face. Fun sidenote: it also smells exactly like sperm!

Well, sign me up. Wait, there’s more. For the serum to take hold, a beauty therapist must first microneedle you.

I don’t know what that is. Oh, it’s fun. It’s where a pen containing dozens of tiny needles repeatedly stabs you in the face hundreds of thousands of times. It’s excruciatingly painful, but it does help the baby foreskins sink into your face.

Seriously, where do I sign? Ah – bad news. According to several reports, there’s a two-year waiting list for the foreskin facial. Plus, a single treatment costs nearly £500.

Better leave it to the likes of Beckinsale, then. If it helps, she’s thrilled with the treatment. She recently captioned a closeup of her pristine face: “After a long flight I do like to lie down and be covered in a mask of liquified cloned foreskins – frankly who doesn’t?”

Did her followers agree? That depends. Do comments such as “Disgusting”, “You are disgusting” and “I used to like you” qualify as agreement?

I mean, she probably had worse reviews for some of the Underworld films. Anyway, it’s not something anyone should worry about. Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock are reportedly also fans.

What good is that? It means the treatment will eventually trickle down to our level. Soon we’ll all be able to buy liquidised foreskins from Superdrug, you mark my words.

Do say: “EGF therapy is the must-have treatment of 2018.”

Don’t say: “You’re only as old as the harvested baby foreskins you wipe across you face in an attempt to stave off signs of your inevitable death.”

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 3 users Like Unsapien's post:
  • Kim, Vera, JesseB

I probably should have read that after eating.

At least, I know I won't be having hotdogs. Shy

So how do you circumcise a whale?

—You send down four skin divers.
  • Kim, JesseB

(11-23-2018, 07:38 AM)Wolfen Wrote: A bad argument is making the loss of an extremity comparable to that of unnecessary foreskin.  Great job.

I'm saying that cutting off part of anybody's body, without their consent and without a medically necessary reason is abusive.

If you wanna hear a really bad argument you could listen to yourself repeat your argument that it's okay to violate someone's consent if they can't remember it afterwards ... it's not just poor logic but it's seriously morally objectionable.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • JesseB

What? Circumcision .. again? No way. I'm keeping what I've got left. No thanks.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, JesseB