Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

(08-11-2020, 01:41 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 12:16 AM)julep Wrote: Watching tv and working on a sign design for my business with my husband.

What kind of "business" with your husband? Inquiring minds (not really) want to know!  Tongue

Ahahaha.  

It’s a sign for my business (have to shift back into giving more music lessons since performing is dead for a while).  My husband is setting up the layout and graphics etc.
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • Fireball

I'm just partaking in a little blond hash and trying some new mango pepsi.
It's quite nice. :-)

Drinking coffee and twiddling my thumb. Not a lot on the agenda today. Making tacos at lunch. I found bold, nacho flavored, stand-up taco shells at Target last night when I went to pick up the hot sauce. I was going to make double / wrapped tacos using flour tortilla shells, but I may defer that for use with plain taco shells. I have three taco sauces to try: Taco Bell 'Diablo', Ortega 'hot', and La Victoria hot salsa brava. I should probably only open two, though I could make a taco with each and do a comparison. That thought hadn't occurred to me.
[Image: giant%20meteor%202020.jpg]

Relaxing with a cup of Fireberry tea and waiting for the news. I'm anxious about today's Democratic house primary between Ilhan Omar and Antone Melton-Meaux.

Shopping for birthday gifts. I was having trouble coming up with ideas for one sister, but Best Buy has the Lenovo smart clock on sale, so I'm going to take a gamble. She may find it useful, she might not, and if she doesn't like it, I'll get her a gift certificate in its place.

(08-05-2020, 05:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 11:24 AM)Little Lunch Wrote: And I'm glad I'm a male all month long. :-)

One difference between men and women is that men act the way a woman acts at that time of the month all the time.

Big Grin

The last person that tried to kill me was PMSing. She was furious that I grated the cheese the wrong way and threw a butcher knife at me.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

Work wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be so far.  It was busier but not hair pulling out busy like I thought it was going to be.  Anyway, drinking tea now and reading the forum  Big Grin

It's 3:50 a.m. here. I'm sitting in front of my PC, listening to a light rain pattering on the windowsill and a Great Horned Owl hooting somewhere up on Round Top Hill.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • skyking

Putting in some coffee. Russer woke me at 4:30. He was snuggled between us, and had one of those woofing, running dreams. Those cute little muffled close mouth barkings, but the pointy toes on the belly were a little much.

Putting the finishing touches on birthday gift selection for my sisters. The rest is cards, wrapping supplies, and some schlepping around town to pick up things.

Putzing around. I should be doing housework or something productive. I need to go to Maplewood, but the rain isn't expected to let up for a few hours. I guess I'll continue to putter.

Relaxing after doing paperwork at my desk all morning.  Nod
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

sat down a minute and drank a cup. I have rust preventative on the rest of the truck bed. That will cure out in ~3 hours. I have a fair bit of masking to do, and then I can sand some primer I shot on this morning to fill in some of the rust cratering.

Making  Watching my daughter make blueberry pancakes for dinner. Bought blueberries at the farmer's market a few days ago. There were quite expensive but so worth it. No more gross, bad-tasting grocery store blueberries from now on.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Fireball

NSFW.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

Relaxing after a long work-week.

Tomorrow I'll be delivering more furniture to my sister in Taylor, about 90 minutes away.
Freedom isn't free.

Cat.  AC.  CNN. Art books.  Raisins, cheese, peanuts, Wachusett blueberry ale.  

Thinking about stuff.
god, ugh

Putting off paperwork by browsing around here.

I'm reading about a black actor from the 1840's who was the first Black Othello.  Ira Aldridge was born in New York but got the theatre bug and went to London at the age of 16 and became a noted Shakesperian actor.  He went to Germany and was extremely popular.  The people just about mobbed him.  What a fascinating life. 

[Image: Ira_Aldridge_as_Othello.jpg]

[Image: ps4_372629_fnt_dd_at19_7263-tms.jpg]

[Image: 42cc25ac40b24823b490cc4cc060225e--red-velvet.jpg]
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu, Thumpalumpacus

Man, I'm toast. I anticipated my errands would take 3-4 hours. I've been gone 8 hours. Granted, an hour of that was retail therapy for my benefit, but it's still a long day.
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, skyking

A little 420 goes a long way.
Freedom isn't free.

ILS appointment today. I need to cook some corn, prepare all the ingredients for tacos, and peel and slice a few pounds of potatoes for potatoes au gratin. I guess the dishes can wait.

Later I have an order to pick up at Wally World and I got my food stamps today, so a little grocery shopping will likely happen.

I've got most of my preparations for my sisters' birthdays well underway. I need gift bows and one gift card, but beyond that, I just have to schlepp downtown every few days to pick up packages. I'll do wrapping once everything arrives.

Resubscribing to Boomerang TV. Netflix? Hulu? Pssshaw! Give me my cartoons and my Disney!

Watching a female Monarch laying eggs on the milkweed around my property. I'll harvest the eggs tomorrow morning. I presently have 51 larvae in various stages of maturity and 44 chrysalides.  Sun
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dancefortwo, skyking

Having a glass of wine. In hindsight, stemless wine glasses were a mistake. I need to use two hands to hold a stemless glass instead of just the one. No biggie. Target has cheap, stemmed wine glasses, and I grabbed one the other day.