Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Ripping music CDs. Only one of them has to go back today, but several others are due soon, so I'll batch them up. I'm using MediaMonkey to do secure / accurate rips, and I've never tried doing more than one at a time, but it does two simultaneously just fine. I'm short the third burner I usually have installed, so I can't test three at a time just yet.

I didn't have time to drink the pot of coffee I made this morning, so I turned it back on at noon, but by three it had shut off again, so it's warming again right now.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Just home from the gym and listening to a guy who's installing cable or internet for my duplex neighbor pound and drill away on the wall and roof. I wonder if he got into the attic somehow. My kid is a little perturbed by the odd noises. This is why I'm still not keen on leaving her at home by herself, even though she's old enough to take care of herself for a few hours.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Dānu

Drinking beer and watching football. I imagine you guys think by now that all I do is watch football and drink beer.

Well. You wouldn't be wrong.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Tres Leches, jerry mcmasters, M.Linoge

dinner, after putting the studded tires on the spare beetle. Ordering some network termination.

Went to bed early because the game was going into overtime and I was tired. Now it's 4 am and I'm restless. Watching a movie and messing around on the computer.

Vivekananda

Went back to bed for a couple of hours. Spent a frustrating 20 minutes trying to get my smart home properly configured after accidentally telling Alexa that a device which is actually in the living room was in the bedroom. The procedures for fixing something like that are far from obvious. So once I had gotten that fixed, I was thirsty and didn't want to wait for the drip coffee maker to finish, so I used the Keurig for a cup of French Roast. If memory serves, I have nothing on the schedule today. When I was at the library yesterday, I forgot to pick up a book that they're holding for me, but the weather is nasty, and I'll have a ride to the gym tomorrow, and can do it then, instead.

(ETA: Actually, the weather doesn't look that bad -- it was nasty yesterday, but there does not appear to be blowing snow today like there was then. It's still supposed to be very cold, though. Currently -1° F, with -12° F wind chill.)

Vivekananda

Drinking water and waking up at work. I turned off the wrong alarm yesterday, and woke up 24 minutes late. Splash of water to the face, brush my teeth and run!

Tired, exhausted, and upset. I just spent over an hour on the phone arguing with my bank and a retailer. And the matter is still largely unresolved. Apparently they were supposed to have sent me some documentation and I haven't received it yet, so I'm supposed to wait until the end of next week, and if I haven't received it by then, have them send me another copy. This is going to drag on over the Christmas holiday, I can see that much already. Hopefully it won't interfere too much with my enjoyment of Christmas, but sitting here with a pounding in my temples and a headache that Tylenol likely won't fix, I'm not optimistic.

Vivekananda

Still feeling a bit punkish. They had some kind of safety inspectors come through the apartment this afternoon, checking things like the GFI electrical sockets, closure of the doors, and that the emergency exits (the windows) were accessible so that they would be usable in an emergency (ie. so that you could jump out the window if you needed to do so). Anyway, the property manager and a maintenance guy had come through earlier to see that everything would be good to go when the inspectors arrived. We had to move some stuff around in the living room, and there was a bookshelf in the bedroom which was in the way. So we just dumped all the books that were in the bookshelf on the bed, lifted the shelf up, and lay it face down on the bed. Obviously that mess has to be cleaned up if I want a place to sleep tonight, but I'm not up to it just yet. I think I'll grab something to eat and relax awhile and defer that job until later in the evening after I've had some time to recover my usual, sunny, Polyanna-like disposition. (I'm just kidding. I have no such disposition. But I'm hoping to feel better than I do at the moment.)

Vivekananda

I lied. I didn't wait to get it squared away. There's still details to be taken care of, mostly finding a new place for the books and bookshelf, but the bed is clear now. I'll find permanent homes for that stuff another day.

Vivekananda

Having anxiety, plus a rare splitting headache. I posted something on a FB that was deleted, and I didn't think t was offensive or controversial at all. Kind of upsetting in a way. And now I'm wide awake at 1:38am due to anxiety about my impending birthday. I get oversocialized kind of quickly. Plus, I sort of wonder about this restaurant (which I had mentioned a time or two in a positive light).

And finally, my grocery run tomorrow is rather early, which I'm not thrilled about. Probably a big napping day tomorrow.
Is this sig thing on?

Just been digging up a bush that we planted on our dogs grave. I was assured by my wife that it was an evergreen, turns out it isn't and it looked like a crappy twig with pebbles around it. I need a new bush.
I should have known that she would cock up. She's not great in the garden... She once planted Sunflowers in our hanging baskets. Facepalm
He loves me?  Facepalm

Drinking coffee and pulling an effective all-nighter. My sleep schedule had already gotten off track last night, and then at 11:30 instead of getting up, eating, and going back to bed, I snoozed until 1:00 am to do so. All the same, I was ready to return to bed at 3:00 am when I made the mistake of reading one of the threads here where my views are somewhat under attack and spent the next 2-1/2 hours replying to posts in that thread. So now I'm up and it's realistically too late to go back to bed. So, coffee it is!

Vivekananda

I'm afraid.

I'm afraid I don't want to go out in the bitter cold outside. But I probably will. I need to go to the gym, and the library is holding a book for me. Thankfully I have a ride today.

Vivekananda

Dodgy Sat outside the train station waiting for my older kids to get back from Manchester... I spend my life sitting outside train stations. Only finished work at ten... Need a brew. And maybe a crumpet.
He loves me?  Facepalm

Relaxing with a cup of French roast and killing a few brain cells reading what Drich has to say on various questions.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • NorthernBen, Fireball

Waiting for the erection results.
He loves me?  Facepalm
The following 1 user Likes NorthernBen's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Hanging in Sun City West. Step mom visit was over due.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Making a small portable tool chest. Just glued the first two pieces together,in half hour I'll glue some more. No room to do much else at a time.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Watching TV and baking a pizza. I was going to cook tonight, but that was before I waited over an hour for the bus.

Vivekananda

Feeling my body get all intolerant of the lactose I consumed today in the form of ice cream today.

Looking up fruitcake recipes for the cherries and dates I have macerating in Crown Royal.

Contemplating going to the Nutcracker on Sunday.
Is this sig thing on?

Trying to push through to finish up a newsletter -- really close now -- but really have to go downstairs and eat some supper.

Drinking coffee and listening to a playlist of pop Christmas songs on Amazon.

Vivekananda

Discovering a delicious new flavor for my K-cup coffee maker. I had tried Target's French vanilla K-cup pods, and they're nice, being coffee with overtones of French vanilla. But Aldi's sells their own version for about the same price, so I grabbed a box when I was shopping at Aldi's earlier. The Aldi's brand French vanilla is a whole 'nother ball of wax. It's more like coffee with creamer and sugar all rolled into a K-cup pod. It's 400% better than the Target brand French vanilla. I'll have to try some more of the Aldi's coffees, as there seems to be more to them than the typical generic coffee brands.

Vivekananda

Just applied a 1/3 sheet of drywall to the wall where I did a plumbing repair. Hoping to get enough fast-drying mud on so that the wife doesn't complain about how it isn't level. Should have seen it before I tore into the wall!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.