Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Watching football. I had my ducks all in a row this morning about how I was going to spend my money, but then I stopped by Menard's to buy $6 of USB cables. Two hours later I emerged with $130 of crap. *sigh*
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(10-07-2019, 12:50 AM)skyking Wrote: Finally saw our friends off after he inadvertently broke his sewer hose connection, getting down off the blocking. He used all this nice dunnage to drive up on there, but decided to put it all away and then just jump off the blocks. Not good. I had to repair it so he could dump his tanks.
Put the 5th wheel hitch in my truck and I'm working on the aftermarket gauges and electronics, I ordered a replacement MicroSD firmware card for it. Somewhere along the line, it dumped the EGT  sensor and I am troubleshooting that. It's the most important gauge in a turbo diesel.

Yup, leave yer stuff in place until yer down off the high horse! As for the sewage- you didn't have to lay in it, did you!?  Panic This kind of stuff with the diesel engines is why I'm keeping my old school carbureted '70 Chevy truck with the 402 Cu In engine. Yes, it doesn't pull the big hills fast like the diesels and gets less mileage (10 MPG), but if I am going camping, I'm not in a hurry, anyway. And it cost a metric shit ton less money, since we inherited it. That, and I can fix any bit of it on the road, having been a mechanic back in the day when these were new.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • skyking

you keep telling yourself that, Fireball, and don't go for a ride in my truck when we come to town. Just don't do it when I offer Big Grin
EDIT
No spillage, it was damage downstream from the blade valves.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Fireball

Having a cup of mint hot cocoa.

Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(10-07-2019, 03:24 AM)skyking Wrote: you keep telling yourself that, Fireball, and don't go for a ride in my truck when we come to town. Just don't do it when I offer Big Grin
EDIT
No spillage, it was damage downstream from the blade valves.

Hey Mopar to ya for being able to do the work!  Thumbs Up It's beyond  me, these days.  Weeping
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
  • skyking

There's nothing to do beyond filter changes. I pulled the engine and transmission myself and reinstalled after the overhaul, but all the technical stuff is plug and play.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Fireball

Dotting my i's and crossing my t's with the customer service at Best Buy and Nesco. I've verified the details about the warm setting on the cooker, and what I need to bring with me to return the Crock Pot brand cooker, I just need to test the unit for function. This was the last one they had at Midway, but I was up in Fridley this morning about something else and they had about six in stock if I need an exchange.

Vivekananda

(10-07-2019, 04:27 PM)Dānu Wrote: Dotting my i's and crossing my t's with the customer service at Best Buy and Nesco.  I've verified the details about the warm setting on the cooker, and what I need to bring with me to return the Crock Pot brand cooker, I just need to test the unit for function.  This was the last one they had at Midway, but I was up in Fridley this morning about something else and they had about six in stock if I need an exchange.

Day four of my bunfight with the Federal Govt dept. 

After being referred back to the original department, I used an email  address to write to them. The address was  the top of their web page next their phone number. They emailed me back to tell me the email address is not used for queries, only for sending documents.

It's just  0800 here, which means their call centre will be open interstate.  I'm dreading it. 

Whenever I call ANY call centre, I like a hard copy of whatever was discussed if possible. Then there can be no confusion about what was actually said, by either party.  In this case I want evidence for my complaint to Federal Ombudsman .  Oz  federal departments hate that; The ombudsman has no power to order, but reports directly to parliament . 

PS To Aussie readers;  I'm in Hansard. I got caught doing something right.  Wasn't happy, didn't want my bosses to know.

Came back to do some more trolling. Too much to catch up on.

rmfr
It shall always be more important to know how to think rather than to be told what to think - rmfr

Hustling more work for my crane. The boss wants to keep me busy, and I knew of upcoming glass work at the previous job site 6 months ago when I was last working. I started the ball rolling on some more intricate work, my favorite.

I was going to return the Crock Pot brand cooker I bought to Best Buy yesterday, but I thought that I'd better test the Nesco cooker before I do so. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I couldn't get it to work last night. But I had other things to return to Roseville, so I went anyway. Trying again this morning the cooker seems fine, apparently it was just a case of pilot error. The only problem now is where to store the thing. I had put my other cooker up over the top of the kitchen cabinets, and it would fit, but I think I'm going to move both cookers to a shelf on one of my wire shelves. That will have the bonus of freeing up space above the kitchen cabinets.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday, and I was going to go today to make up for it, but I just don't feel like it. I've got a buttload to do, but for now am busy with my morning routine of relaxing and drinking coffee. I think the two things I need to do are return that cooker, and get my apartment ready for tomorrow and Thursday. I have a homemaker coming tomorrow, and it seems silly, but I need to do some cleaning and preparation before he comes. And Haruko is coming Thursday to help me clean and organize, so I need to prepare for that as well. I think I can put off the computer work until my new disks come. But I'm collecting a sizable list of to-do items, the computers, testing some antennas that I bought at Menard's, writing letters to HUD and housing agency, library tasks, getting my documentation regarding my need for adaptive kitchen tools to my CADI manager, and the beat just goes on. But today, the apartment.

Vivekananda

Vivekananda

Gathering up my insulated coveralls, hardhat liner, warm gloves. Chemical foot warmers too. It is going to be mid 30's tomorrow to start out.

Home. Drinking coffee, listening to music, and eating cookies.

Vivekananda

Cool. I just got a pair of AirPod knock-offs for $10. Now I just got to make sure that $10 is back in my account by Saturday so that my cable bill payment doesn't bounce.

Vivekananda

Back from urgent care, which turned into an ER visit.Doing OK, though.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • M.Linoge

I'm glad to hear you're okay, c172. I'm sorry to hear about your visit to the ER. I hope it's nothing serious.

Vivekananda

(10-09-2019, 06:04 AM)c172 Wrote: Back from urgent care, which turned into an ER visit.Doing OK, though.

I suspect you didn't die all that much?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Trump is speaking at the Target center tomorrow. I'll be busy donating plasma, otherwise I would be in the kitchen making Molotov cocktails right now.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • M.Linoge

Fucking Trump is threatening to sue Minneapolis because he won't pay the bill for his rally and they're threatening to not let the show go on. Total fuckwad. I think I'll see if I can work around the stable genius' schedule and show up to demonstrate. Anybody got a good recipe for Molotov cocktails? I saw a military surplus store near where I donate plasma. Grabbing a balaclava at the last minute could be difficult. Now what did I do with my good copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook?

Way to campaign in a state you narrowly lost in 2016 and boast you can turn in 2020. Fat chance, douche bag. We can smell you.

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Fireball, M.Linoge, skyking

I think I know what I'm going to put on my sign, but I'll take suggestions.

I thought I'd go with, "Fucking our farmers is NOT fake news."

Runner up was, "Cooperate, confess, or concede."

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • M.Linoge

(10-09-2019, 01:21 PM)Dānu Wrote: I think I know what I'm going to put on my sign, but I'll take suggestions.

I would just go with "STOP LYING!"
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Dānu, M.Linoge

(10-09-2019, 01:34 PM)Alan V Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 01:21 PM)Dānu Wrote: I think I know what I'm going to put on my sign, but I'll take suggestions.

I would just go with "STOP LYING!"

His presidency is in chains, on its way to the gallows. No point in stopping  the lies, now.
  • Alan V

Holy crap! I think I've cut it rather fine this time. When I ordered those headphones last night, I was sure that it would put me in a position of not having enough for my rent plus my cable bill if for some reason I didn't bring in any more money before Saturday. I think I've accounted for everything, and if that were due today, I would clear both transactions with 3 cents left in the bank. Fucking A, Bubba! I'm expecting $85-155 before I have to pay the cable bill, but I think maybe I cut it too close this time. Hopefully, if nothing with my plan changes, by month's end I'll have $80 in savings, and $175 set aside for Christmas, but it's going to be a crooked and uncertain walk from here to there.

Vivekananda

(10-09-2019, 01:13 PM)Dānu Wrote: Fucking Trump is threatening to sue Minneapolis because he won't pay the bill for his rally and they're threatening to not let the show go on.  Total fuckwad.  I think I'll see if I can work around the stable genius' schedule and show up to demonstrate.  Anybody got a good recipe for Molotov cocktails?  I saw a military surplus store near where I donate plasma.  Grabbing a balaclava at the last minute could be difficult.  Now what did I do with my good copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook?

A old friend of mine used to say 70% gasoline, 20% crushed up styrofoam and 10% shavings of hard rubber, for a standard bottle-of-wine container. 
I never tried it but he appeared to know what he was talking about.
With the parade of weirdos I've met it's surprising I only know one serious vandal. Oh, well. Quality over quantity.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • Dānu