Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia game queue

Mafia game queue
Even though I'm no longer playing, I'm still available to assist with keeping this list up to date or helping co-mod if someone needs a bit of help.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 3 users Like Joods's post:
  • Aliza, Paleophyte, Smercury44

Mafia game queue
(03-01-2019, 09:56 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 09:47 PM)Losty Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 09:13 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: I think that I could be ready to roll fairly quickly if I can find a co-mod. Any volunteers?

Or I can try it solo and you can all be my guinea pigs.

I’ll help if you want.

Awesome! @Tartarus Sauce has also offered to help, but he's never modded before. @Losty would probably be a better fit here. 

I've PMed @Aroura since she acknowledged my post and I'm waiting for her to confirm that she can take the next game. Otherwise, you're up, Paleo. Either way @Mathilda wants to go after this next game.

Go ahead and let Paleo go.  I'm not ready with a game quite yet. I 'll be ready to go after Mathilda (or after Paleo, if Mathilda still isn't ready).

Mafia game queue
@Paleophyte, you're up!

Mafia game queue
Did I miss a game?
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Mafia game queue
(03-02-2019, 02:40 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Did I miss a game?

No, Mathilda just isn't ready to run hers. She'll go next, though.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(03-02-2019, 02:34 PM)Aliza Wrote: @Paleophyte, you're up!

OK, I'll put together the sign-up thread later today.
The following 2 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Aliza, Losty

Mafia game queue
I'm considering running a 5 player nightless game that should only last for around 5 days. It's called Resistance. It's a good game to run when the player pool dries up. I'd like to be put into the queue, but I will probably let some others go ahead and run their games (even if they sign up after me). My game will sort of be a "quickie" game that I'll run at an opportune moment.
The following 1 user Likes vulcanlogician's post:
  • Aliza

Mafia game queue
I am happy to put aside my game if it means people playing again.

Mafia game queue
(05-02-2019, 08:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote: I am happy to put aside my game if it means people playing again.

Naw. I think I might mention your game after we wrap up Magi's game on AF. With any luck, we'll fill the remaining slots. You only need one more, right?

Mafia game queue
(05-03-2019, 01:03 AM)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 08:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote: I am happy to put aside my game if it means people playing again.

Naw. I think I might mention your game after we wrap up Magi's game on AF. With any luck, we'll fill the remaining slots. You only need one more, right?

Probably best to have two more but yeah I could do it with 8 players.

Mafia game queue
Hey folks....I'm back! I'm sorry I've been away so long. I was just burned out.

At any rate, I've got a fantastic Mafia game idea, if I can get on the list? I'm going to call it: Go to the Polls! Primary edition.

So there will be 2 candidates, both will be known to all players. One will be on the red team (social media bots) and the other will on the green team (voters).
There will be a number of "town hall" days, this will vary depending on how many people are playing.
The goal of each team will be to get their candidate elected. The green team will, in addition, be trying to find the social media bot players and vote them off.

Each town hall day, players will get to ask questions of the candidates, and also of their fellow voters, trying to find the social media bots. At the end of each town hall day, everyone except the candidates will vote to BAN a player from social media (lynching). There will be no night actions, thought the Red candidate and social media bots will get to chat at night.

At the end of a couple of days, depending again on the number of players, there will be a Final Election, where everyone except the candidates will vote FOR a candidate. If the red gets the most votes, they win. If green gets the most votes, they win. Even if all bots have been banned, the red candidate could still win if they and the bots did a good job with their misinformation.

It's a little different than classic mafia games, but I think it should work. I'll add in a few more rules about voting and such to makes sure it cannot be broken. What do you guys think, sound fun?

In any case, miss you guys! I'll start posting in the regular forum again, too.

~Aroura
The following 4 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Joods, Aliza, Losty, vulcanlogician

Mafia game queue
YAY! OP updated, @Aurora. 

That looks like a great setup. Big Grin
  • Aroura

Mafia game queue
(05-23-2019, 09:22 PM)Aliza Wrote: YAY! OP updated, @Aurora. 

That looks like a great setup. Big Grin

Thank you!

Mafia game queue
I'll participate in game #12, I think.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Aliza

Mafia game queue
Is mafia dead? Or does it merely slumber?

Mafia game queue
Well if it isn't dead then it has a very slow pulse.

Mafia game queue
In

Mafia game queue
In an open book. I went the hysteric go all out crazy way last time. But it didn't work out.

Mafia game queue
Pssst. Who's down for a game?
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • pocaracas, emjay, Paleophyte

Mafia game queue
(01-03-2021, 06:13 AM)Aliza Wrote: Pssst. Who's down for a game?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but me! 

It's been too long.

Are you planning to run one, Aliza?
The following 3 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Aliza, pocaracas, emjay

Mafia game queue
(01-03-2021, 06:18 AM)Aroura Wrote:

It's been too long.

I haven't played in ...well, since our last game together. I don't have any games to run, but if someone who did have a game and wanted me to run it so they could play (hint hint), I'd be happy to oblige. Girl_yes2
  • emjay

Mafia game queue
There's a player, here!
Is been so long I'm not sure how to play anymore, though... Tongue
The following 3 users Like pocaracas's post:
  • Aroura, emjay, KittyAnn

Mafia game queue
(01-03-2021, 06:24 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:18 AM)Aroura Wrote:

It's been too long.

I haven't played in ...well, since our last game together. I don't have any games to run, but if someone who did have a game and wanted me to run it so they could play (hint hint), I'd be happy to oblige. Girl_yes2
I honestly haven't got anything prepared. I could try and come up with something with an open set up, so that I can hand off running it to you, and I won't know any more than any other player.

Would a pandemic theme be insensitive? It's just on my brain right now, like most of us.

Other thoughts... Anyone else like Wheel of Time? The new Amazon tv show will be out later this year, and it's gotten me back into that world, one of the best ever written IMHO.
Or we could go old school and do a Tolkien inspired one. I find that universe comforting right now. I'm listening to the Hobbit audiobook with my daughter in the evenings while we do crafts 

Anyone have any preferences?
The following 3 users Like Aroura's post:
  • emjay, Aliza, pocaracas

Mafia game queue
(01-03-2021, 08:24 AM)pocaracas Wrote: There's a player, here!
Is been so long I'm not sure how to play anymore, though... Tongue

Long time no see, old friend!

I'm not sure I remember either. My kids off into this new videogame that's clearly a mask ripoff, but I can't seem to get into it. I like our old-school way better.
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • emjay, pocaracas

Mafia game queue
I'd be up for a game. We should probably start off with something quite simple to introduce new people to the game and to remind others how it's played.
The following 4 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • emjay, Aliza, Aroura, KittyAnn