Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Deep Quotes

Favorite Deep Quotes
(08-14-2019, 02:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Did you have a particular "anti-philosophy junkie" in mind? I didn't realize they were such an infestation around here that disclaimers were necessary and such. Who are these cretins who have you so worried?

A lot of people are anti-philosophical. It's not like it's any person or persons in particular. When I deem them to be cretinous it's just my opinion because, to me, it's similar to being anti-intellectual or, ultimately, just a step up from kids at school that are against learning because it's uncool.

EDIT: I actually quoted and responded to this post before I realized the post had been edited. Hence the more direct answer below.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Favorite Deep Quotes
(08-14-2019, 02:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Did you have a particular "anti-philosophy junkie" in mind?

No.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

Favorite Deep Quotes
(08-14-2019, 02:44 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: When I deem them to be cretinous it's just my opinion because, to me, it's similar to being anti-intellectual or, ultimately, just a step up from kids at school that are against learning because it's uncool.

At least I know where I stand with you, then.
<Insert intelligent thought here>

Favorite Deep Quotes
(08-14-2019, 02:47 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 02:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Did you have a particular "anti-philosophy junkie" in mind?

No.

(08-14-2019, 04:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: At least I know where I stand with you, then.

Dunno

Favorite Deep Quotes
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet." (Emily Dickinson)  Consider
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado