Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Deep Quotes

Favorite Deep Quotes
(10-19-2019, 01:45 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: "The total absence of humor from the Bible is one of the most singular things in all literature." (Alfred North Whitehead)  Consider

Not quite; I've also read the Q'uran and some of  the Indian sacred writings.  Can't remember finding anything funny in any of them either. 

Strange.  Considering Jesus' upbringing and backgrounds of his apostles, I've always  thought they would have had an earthy sense of humour. They would have spent many nights outdoors, probably huddled  around a fire, feeling tired and bored . I reckon  Jesus  would have enjoyed hearing  and telling fart jokes.

There is theological evidence  which supports this view;  Christians claim Jesus was wholly man and wholly god . If wholly man, he should have had a sense  of humour, surely.  Consider     

I have noticed that  proselytising Christians tend to be a dour bunch. No wonder when one considers their book of instructions. Tongue Tongue