Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Whispering Thread 2.0

Not even sure how I'll get my suitcase down those steps...
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

I'm catastrophising again... or maybe that's exactly what will happen...
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Get over it.

No, I ain't whispering. Get over it. If we're talking about your relationships, your behavior too factors into it. If you don't want my honesty, you must not want my advice. You won't get one without the other.
On hiatus.

My poor poor baby, sleeping alone in our bed. God, I don't know if I'll ever get over the sadness and the guilt...

That... emotionally retarded, ugly little man there - what he did to me in his toxic, infantile hatefulness I'll get over but I'll never forgive him for forcing my hand like that... nor, above all, will I forgive myself for staying because I thought I'd found a real person with something interesting and worthy in him... and not a joke of an emotionally stunted nasty manchild, stuck in his teenage years, and getting attached to my baby and she to me...

If so I can't find it.  We had one on the other place.

I bought a $50 bottle of wine and it tastes way better than the cheap stuff Big Grin 
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, skyking, Aliza

(10-02-2020, 12:37 AM)Bcat Wrote: If so I can't find it.  We had one on the other place.

I bought a $50 bottle of wine and it tastes way better than the cheap stuff Big Grin 

Yup.

http://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/show...whispering

And Bcat's flickering avatar irritates my eyes.  Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Bcat

(10-02-2020, 02:02 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 12:37 AM)Bcat Wrote: If so I can't find it.  We had one on the other place.

Yup.

Shhhhhh...
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Bcat, Fireball

Yup.

And your avatar reminds me of the fires that are ravaging my state.  Just sayin'.  I'm in the process of changing my avatar anyway, I don't much care for this one.   Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Bcat's post:
  • Fireball, GenesisNemesis

(10-02-2020, 02:46 AM)Bcat Wrote:

Yup.

And your avatar reminds me of the fires that are ravaging my state.  Just sayin'.  I'm in the process of changing my avatar anyway, I don't much care for this one.   Big Grin

Previous one was better. Also 
$50 is still cheap ;P
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis, skyking

Yup.

Just yanking your chain! You change avatars like some people change their underwear! Big Grin We live in the same flaming state, btw. I'm about 400 miles south of you. Fortunately, the fires started here have been quickly extinguished. I suspect that the last three were arson, tbh. They started in non-usual places. If they were indeed arson, I hope the authorities catch the essobee and set him on fire in recompense. Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis, Szuchow

(10-02-2020, 03:01 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 02:02 AM)Fireball Wrote: Yup.

Just yanking your chain! You change avatars like some people change their underwear! Big Grin We live in the same flaming state, btw. I'm about 400 miles south of you. Fortunately, the fires started here have been quickly extinguished. I suspect that the last three were arson, tbh. They started in non-usual places. If they were indeed arson, I hope the authorities catch the essobee and set him on fire in recompense. Dodgy

I know you were  Tongue I was yankin' yours too  Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • Fireball

(10-02-2020, 03:05 AM)Bcat Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 03:01 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 02:46 AM)Bcat Wrote: And your avatar reminds me of the fires that are ravaging my state.  Just sayin'.  I'm in the process of changing my avatar anyway, I don't much care for this one.   Big Grin

I know you were  Tongue I was yankin' yours too  Big Grin

Big Grin I'm liking the cat.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Bcat

Cat avatar? Lenin cat approves.

Socrates.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis

Is this manual ASMR?
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Kim

(10-02-2020, 02:02 AM)Fireball Wrote: ...And Bcat's flickering avatar irritates my eyes.

User CP → Edit Options Thread View Options Display users' avatars in their posts.     Then deselect tick box. Done!
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Okay, fine. I'll merge the threads like a good little admin.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis, c172

(10-02-2020, 04:58 AM)Aliza Wrote: Okay, fine. I'll merge the threads like a good little admin.

*gives you a treat*
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Aliza

I thought I was going bananas. Here you all are.

*eats a banana, smacks lips*
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Bcat

(10-02-2020, 03:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote: Cat avatar? Lenin cat approves.

[Image: 4957044.jpg]
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Szuchow, Kim

(10-02-2020, 06:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 03:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote: Cat avatar? Lenin cat approves.

[Image: 4957044.jpg]

[Asking for comrade Beria to come here as his expertise will be needed]

Stalin cat must be reminded that there can be the only one.

Socrates.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

My kitty cat's been missing. I think the latest kittens that our neighbour's cat (and her own mother, too) just dumped in the garden chased her away. I don't think she's with someone else though, she's way too timid (and loves her food way too much).

I've been struggling with my book as it is... I don't know how I'll even finish it now, I keep crying all the time.

(And no, she couldn't be an indoor cat, took me ages to even be able to approach her long enough to pet her.)

Also, older posts of mine usually give me a chuckle... the ones in this thread are mostly highly embarrassing. What a ridiculous episode of my life. Oh well
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Kim, Teddy

The baby steps, the one day at a time, and the moment to moment, calming stuff ... that's what's causing this bludgeoning anxiety. For once, I want the quick fix. Just get it over & done with.
I thought I liked suspense but, this shit is killing me.

Be the shark. Keep it moving. Nothing to see here. Keep it moving. Oh and .... maybe stop shoveling food in when there's nothing else to do, hmmm? Just a thought. Get on with it.

I dreamt I killed a cat. It was in a bag and I just.. bashed it (it was to cover my tracks when trying to disappear. No, it doesn't make any sense). It felt horrible even in the dream.

(I never get nightmares but the worst thing I've ever dreamt of, ages ago, was killing someone. I stabbed an old lady to death, in my father's home village, for no reason whatsoever. I'm terrified of knives, that place has always been a place of calm and quiet and I loved talking to old people back then, as a teenager or young adult, as I found them wise and interesting. So it was totally inexplicable on all possible fronts. The feeling of horror and guilt, knowing that you've taken a human life, with absolutely no reason for it, is beyond what I can describe. I have never felt anything worse in my life, waking or otherwise. (The feeling of relief on waking up was also beyond compare.)

(I still cry about my kitty cat from the previous post every time I think of her. Like right now.)
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(11-02-2021, 01:58 PM)Vera Wrote: I dreamt I killed a cat. It was in a bag and I just.. bashed it (it was to cover my tracks when trying to disappear. No, it doesn't make any sense). It felt horrible even in the dream.

(I never get nightmares but the worst thing I've ever dreamt of, ages ago, was killing someone. I stabbed an old lady to death, in my father's home village, for no reason whatsoever. I'm terrified of knives, that place has always been a place of calm and quiet and I loved talking to old people back then, as a teenager or young adult, as I found them wise and interesting. So it was totally inexplicable on all possible fronts. The feeling of horror and guilt, knowing that you've taken a human life, with absolutely no reason for it, is beyond what I can describe. I have never felt anything worse in my life, waking or otherwise. (The feeling of relief on waking up was also beyond compare.)

(I still cry about my kitty cat from the previous post every time I think of her. Like right now.)

In dreaming, the executive part of our brain (the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex) is deactivated, so we lose much of our impulse control.  Add to that the ability of dreams to pull bits from waking, including what we have read about or seen on TV, and we most certainly dream about actions and events which are not reflections of what we are like in waking.  Just the other night I was being attacked on all sides by people with knives and one with a gun, but since it was my dream I prevailed.  However, I did leave a pile of bodies on the floor.  In real life I've never even been in a fist fight.  I've just watched a lot of action movies.
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(11-02-2021, 02:14 PM)Alan V Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 01:58 PM)Vera Wrote: I dreamt I killed a cat. It was in a bag and I just.. bashed it (it was to cover my tracks when trying to disappear. No, it doesn't make any sense). It felt horrible even in the dream.

In dreaming, the executive part of our brain (the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex) is deactivated, so we lose much of our impulse control.  Add to that the ability of dreams to pull bits from waking, including what we have read about or seen on TV, and we most certainly dream about actions and events which are not reflections of what we are like in waking.  Just the other night I was being attacked on all sides by people with knives and one with a gun, but since it was my dream I prevailed.  However, I did leave a pile of bodies on the floor.  In real life I've never even been in a fist fight.  I've just watched a lot of action movies.

One pet peeve of mine is when people assume that dreams are trying to "tell us" something significant or they have some hidden meaning. Nope, it's just random neurons firing. Still really cool though. I also find that much more comforting than the alternative.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Alan V