Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My big adventure

My big adventure
When I was a kid, my parents took us on a fishing trip to Dinorwic Lake in Ontario, where we caught walleye and northern pike. But I most definitely remember seeing the leeches swimming in the water as well. Why are there so many leeches in Canadian lakes?
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
I don't think I've ever seen fishing with that much intensity.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

My big adventure
With the border closure extended through August 21, and with the general covid fuckery in the US, we'll be staying up in the community all summer. I'm disappointed I won't get to see my friends and family this summer, but I do feel significantly safer up here.
The following 5 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Bcat, Dānu, brewerb, Deesse23, Dom

My big adventure
(07-22-2020, 11:24 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: With the border closure extended through August 21, and with the general covid fuckery in the US, we'll be staying up in the community all summer. I'm disappointed I won't get to see my friends and family this summer, but I do feel significantly safer up here.

Hug At least you have pretty scenery to be quarantined in Smile
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
My eight-year-old caught a very tiny frog:

[Image: YZ0cKzt.jpg]
[Image: gzra035.jpg]

Also, they all picked a bunch of berries on their way to the Band Office to get the mail, today:

[Image: zUL1EFn.jpg]
The following 4 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • brewerb, skyking, Dom, Bcat

My big adventure
Budding biologist?

My big adventure
(07-29-2020, 01:19 AM)brewerb Wrote: Budding biologist?

Maybe. So long as it doesn't involve bugs. She's terrified of them.

Also: this is not the place to spend your summer if you're terrified of bugs.
The following 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post:
  • brewerb

My big adventure
nature blooms scary in the higher latitudes. Not much time to get the living in Smile
Perhaps this will dull her fears.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(07-29-2020, 01:47 PM)skyking Wrote: nature blooms scary in the higher latitudes. Not much time to get the living in Smile
Perhaps this will dull her fears.

Right?! She'll move further south and suddenly the normal-sized flies and lack of black fly season will leave her feeling like she's in paradise.

My big adventure
(07-29-2020, 12:57 AM)RobbyPants Wrote: My eight-year-old caught a very tiny frog:

Also, they all picked a bunch of berries on their way to the Band Office to get the mail, today:

That's a baby toad. Do NOT keep it in a jar of water as it will drown. Keep it on a bed of moist (not wet) moss and leaves. Feed it tiny insects.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, Bcat, Dom

My big adventure
(07-30-2020, 10:40 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 12:57 AM)RobbyPants Wrote: My eight-year-old caught a very tiny frog:

That's a baby toad. Do NOT keep it in a jar of water as it will drown. Keep it on a bed of moist (not wet) moss and leaves. Feed it tiny insects.

Or you could just let it go free back into the wild into its natural habitat Smile

My big adventure
(07-30-2020, 10:40 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: That's a baby toad. Do NOT keep it in a jar of water as it will drown. Keep it on a bed of moist (not wet) moss and leaves. Feed it tiny insects.

She let it go after 15 minutes.

We were wondering if it was a toad. When we suggested that, the eight-year-old said "No. It's beautiful. Toads are ugly."
The following 3 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Dom, Bcat, brewerb

My big adventure
[Image: NearBossyImperatorangel-size_restricted.gif]

One again, no self restraint. TOOOOAD
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • RobbyPants