Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My big adventure

My big adventure
And we’re in Michigan! Time for more tacos and beer than this 40-year-old body can handle.
The following 2 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • brewerb, Jenny

My big adventure
(For any of you familiar with Game of Thrones)

I was visiting with my brother yesterday, talking to him about our girls having had education at "southern schools". He told me he feels like I'm a wildling from beyond the wall. He says he feels like he's the Starks from the north (being in Michigan), and then I come from further north, acting like they're all from "the south".

I can be a wildling. I'll agree to this.
The following 5 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Deesse23, Alan V, brewerb, skyking, Jenny

My big adventure
And we’re back in Canada. We won’t be home until tomorrow afternoon, but we are in the country, about to board our first plane.

We had a good trip to Michigan, but it always goes so fast.
The following 5 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • brewerb, Fireball, skyking, Dom, Jenny

My big adventure
Well, we made it most of the way back. We’re stuck in the town where we do our shopping on account of freezing rain. It was fine for driving on salted roads, but you can’t fly bush planes in that. So, I’ll be missing at least part of the work day tomorrow.
The following 4 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • brewerb, Dom, Tres Leches, Jenny

My big adventure
(01-05-2020, 08:43 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: Well, we made it most of the way back. We’re stuck in the town where we do our shopping on account of freezing rain. It was fine for driving on salted roads, but you can’t fly bush planes in that. So, I’ll be missing at least part of the work day tomorrow.

At least it won't be your mortality which keeps you from work tomorrow.  Enjoy an extra day off and buy something splurgy.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
We made it back, safe and sound! I had about 8" of snow to clear off the car, but I don't have to drive anywhere until Thursday.

They ended up cancelling school today because the other teachers got stranded as well. We all came up in the same plane (which means that we were in a larger, heated plane). Of course, if anything happened to that plane, the community would have lost all three of its teachers. Evil_monster

(01-05-2020, 09:52 PM)Mark Wrote: At least it won't be your mortality which keeps you from work tomorrow.  Enjoy an extra day off and buy something splurgy.

I did. It wasn't super splurgy, but I got something nice for dinner. Also, I made sure to bring two bottles of whiskey up, since they'll have to last until March, or maybe even May.
The following 3 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • skyking, brewerb, Jenny

My big adventure
Good to know you made it home safe and sound, I bet you appreciate your nice, warm home right now.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(01-06-2020, 06:32 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: We made it back, safe and sound! I had about 8" of snow to clear off the car, but I don't have to drive anywhere until Thursday.

They ended up cancelling school today because the other teachers got stranded as well. We all came up in the same plane (which means that we were in a larger, heated plane). Of course, if anything happened to that plane, the community would have lost all three of its teachers.  Evil_monster

(01-05-2020, 09:52 PM)Mark Wrote: At least it won't be your mortality which keeps you from work tomorrow.  Enjoy an extra day off and buy something splurgy.

I did. It wasn't super splurgy, but I got something nice for dinner. Also, I made sure to bring two bottles of whiskey up, since they'll have to last until March, or maybe even May.
getting the nicer larger heated plane was a win!
They all have heat , but some of it works better than others LOL.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(01-06-2020, 07:16 PM)Dom Wrote: Good to know you made it home safe and sound, I bet you appreciate your nice, warm home right now.

This is true. Luckily, it isn't that cold right now. A bit above 0 F. It was something like -25 when we left.

My big adventure
(01-06-2020, 07:59 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 07:16 PM)Dom Wrote: Good to know you made it home safe and sound, I bet you appreciate your nice, warm home right now.

This is true. Luckily, it isn't that cold right now. A bit above 0 F. It was something like -25 when we left.

It's colder than I could stand....but it is beautiful.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
Well, I finally have internet back after four days. I guess the fiber line was somehow damaged.
The following 2 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Dom, brewerb