Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

Salmon with lemon and butter sauce on a bed of mixed sprouts, Cremini and Shitake mushrooms on the side.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

'bout time for a bowl of Apple Jacks.

Okra, tomatoes, and corn mix. I was going to heat it up, but it's excellent straight from the can. I wanted to check the taste first, but this came from the dollar store and I think I'll grab a case or so when I go to Maplewood today.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Corned beef hash. Gotta keep my protein up on plasma donation day. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Lunch: Bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwiches with American Cheese and mayo.  Tongue

Supper: 4-egg omelet with SPAM, broccoli, onion, herbs and sharp cheddar cheese.  Thumbs Up
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(08-14-2020, 01:07 PM)c172 Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 05:46 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Liquid smoke is of the Devil.

(08-14-2020, 10:01 AM)Little Lunch Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 03:39 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: Biscuits and gravy.

Biscuits here are the same as your cookies...I think.
But the American biscuit looks to me like a savoury scone.
Topped with a meat laden bechamel sauce.
I friend of mine has been to New York and he said he had it there and it was delicious.
I remain dubious. :-)

It's wicked good. With lots of black pepper. 

Me? I'ma have a bagel with butter, pan-fried veggie sausage, and a Nature Valley wafer bar.

The amount of black pepper is subject to taste. I prefer a mix of seasonings to just black pepper and think too many people over pepper their gravy.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

I have left over salmon - debating whether I should make salmon mousse or salmon cakes.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Corn.

Vivekananda

Lunch: Beans and franks with onions and chili sauce.  Tongue

Supper: Locally grown corn on the cob.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dānu

Beans and franks with onions. That sounds good. I might pass on the chili sauce, though.

Vivekananda

Honestly, for that, I'd prefer hoisin sauce. Been crazy for that stuff lately. Had it this morning on my english muffins with veggie sausage with cheese.
Is this sig thing on?

We just had fried okra and fried green tomatoes for lunch. About 20 minutes from plant to plate so about as fresh as it comes.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
The following 4 users Like PopeyesPappy's post:
  • Dānu, Dom, Gwaithmir, Thumpalumpacus

Parmesan encrusted Tilapia fillet with tartar sauce, on a bed of rice with gingery lime coconut aminos, baby carrots in syrup, and mixed vegetables with greens seasoning.

Vivekananda

Blueberry bagel with pumpkin spice cream cheese.

Vivekananda

Beef and bean tacos in nacho cheese flavored shells. My double-decker tacos the other night were kind of meh, but these were very good. I tried three different taco sauces: La Preferida hot salsa brava, Ortega hot, and Taco Bell Diablo. The Ortega was okay, neither good nor bad. The La Preferida was quite good, but I was looking for a bit more heat. The Taco Bell had the heat I was looking for, but the taste wasn't something to write home about: it tasted like it had a shaker of chili powder accidentally dumped into it. But it was okay if I kept the amount reasonable so the taste wasn't as obvious but the heat was still present.

This was a Sieta brand taco meat seasoning (spicy) from Whole Foods. It was okay. I haven't tried any other taco seasonings yet, but I doubt I'd pay the $2+ Whole Foods wants for it again.

Vivekananda

I made chicken wonton soup, salt and pepper tempura shrimp, and shrimp fried rice.

I got a couple of packages of crab rangoon at Whole Foods today for $3.50 with an additional $0.35 discount for being a Prime member. It's normally $7, IIRC. Looking forward to that.

Vivekananda

Lunch: Roast beef hash with eggs and a dash of ketchup.  Nod

Supper: Locally grown corn on the cob; the last two in the fridge. At 10/$2 I've got to get more while they last.  Thumbs Up

Leong's special and fried rice from Leong's kitchen.
It is fairly identical to the Sui Lee's special from Sui Lee's Kitchen.

Fresh corn and tacos. I'm impressed. With the addition of a dollar can of refried beans, my taco fixings went from two meals to three meals.

Vivekananda

Latte earlier, now chai tea and a bagel.

Grilling a tri-tip roast, with stuffed portabellas and garlic bread for sides, all done over mesquite.
On hiatus.

Loaded potato salad.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Cuban beef with Matouk's hot sauce over rice, with gingery lime coconut aminos, mixed veggies with greens seasoning, and cinnamon baked apples.

Vivekananda

Chili with sambal oelek, shredded cheese, and sliced jalapenos.

Vivekananda