Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ranting Corner 2.0

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-12-2018, 05:51 PM)Kim Wrote: Oh holy shit!  The back up beeping from the giant dumpster removal truck, is making the autism rise from the marrow to the surface of my skin.   Panic

Whenever I hear "radar" beeping in a scifi movie I picture an alien trash truck backing up to Earth to unload.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GirlyMan, skyking

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Honestly, who would vote for Donald Fucking Trump to be the President of the United States?!

Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Goddamn Trump.

What the actual fuck, people. Have some standards. Even as a citizen this man is disgusting, but to elevate him and all he stands for like this? For what...a tax cut for other people? Has that ever made the country great?
Step on the gas and wipe that tear away...
The following 2 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post:
  • Chas, Tartarus Sauce

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Wish we coulda brought some of our chew toys over from the other place. Hmm

I enjoy watching! Angel 

[Image: dog-ripping-up-mail-paper-letter-box-1399198086l.gif]

Tongue
The following 3 users Like TheGulegon's post:
  • Smercury44, Tartarus Sauce, Aliza

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-27-2018, 11:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: Wish we coulda brought some of our chew toys over from the other place. Hmm

I enjoy watching! Angel 

[Image: dog-ripping-up-mail-paper-letter-box-1399198086l.gif]

Tongue

We’ll have some eventually I know it. I think we’ve already got some bots trying to sign up.
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 1 user Likes Smercury44's post:
  • TheGulegon

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-27-2018, 11:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: We’ll have some eventually I know it. I think we’ve already got some bots trying to sign up.

Tongue
[Image: totally-not-a-bot.jpg]

Actually, hol' up...

I swear I googled up A.D. on my phone last night, but I go to Google it, now, on the PC, and it don't come up! Sadcryface

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I can pretend I reconverted again, like I did on :tta : agrs ago. Was so. Much. FUN Giggle
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Tonight marks the third night in a row I'm going to need to tell my roommates to turn down the TV because I can hear it loud and clear in my room and it's freakin' midnight or later.

You'd think common courtesy would kick in and they'd consider not putting the volume so needlessly high after the first or even second request but apparently not!

I hate it because I feel like I'm being the jerk for asking them to turn it down so often, but I don't think it's really unreasonable to want your own room to be somewhat quiet. If I wanted to hear the movies I'd sit in the main room with them and watch.
The following 2 users Like CleverUsername's post:
  • Smercury44, Alan V

The Ranting Corner 2.0
taking out the trash, I was pushing a few bags down and reinjured my shoulder from a fall several months back. I go inside to find the refrigerator is failing, and a little later there's a huge puddle under the washing machine. Fucking trifecta.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-28-2018, 04:00 AM)CleverUsername Wrote: Tonight marks the third night in a row I'm going to need to tell my roommates to turn down the TV because I can hear it loud and clear in my room and it's freakin' midnight or later.

You'd think common courtesy would kick in and they'd consider not putting the volume so needlessly high after the first or even second request but apparently not!

I hate it because I feel like I'm being the jerk for asking them to turn it down so often, but I don't think it's really unreasonable to want your own room to be somewhat quiet. If I wanted to hear the movies I'd sit in the main room with them and watch.

Tell them to get headphones for the TV.
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Smercury44, SYZ

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-29-2018, 10:06 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:00 AM)CleverUsername Wrote: Tonight marks the third night in a row I'm going to need to tell my roommates to turn down the TV because I can hear it loud and clear in my room and it's freakin' midnight or later.

Tell them to get headphones for the TV.

Yes! Or... Christmas is coming Big Grin possibly buying it for them could be a peace offering if you have the money.
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I like the MPOW headphones. Light, holds a charge for "up to" 13 hours.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
If I post when I'm tired or distracted, I make mistakes.

If I post when I'm unhappy, I write mean comments.

It's a good thing I don't drink.
The following 8 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Kaneda, Smercury44, julep, outtathereligioncloset, Gwaithmir, Chas, Gawdzilla Sama, Thumpalumpacus

The Ranting Corner 2.0
If I post when I'm  Stoner , I giggle.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • GirlyMan, Alan V, Gawdzilla Sama

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-31-2018, 12:52 AM)Dom Wrote: If I post when I'm  Stoner , I giggle.

We don't even have to be stoned to giggle when you post, Dom Whistling
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 3 users Like Vera's post:
  • GirlyMan, skyking, Gawdzilla Sama

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Soooooo... The King "early-voted" before heading back to the coast. Did it at the library which is within walking distance. BY THE TIME HE GOT HOME he had an email thanking him for having voted and reminding him how important it still is to get out there and promote the party and get voters to the polls. Am I the only one who feel incredibly "Big-brother" creeped out by this? We don't even understand how they got his email address. This just seems wrong on so many levels. Has this happened to anyone else here or is this some kind of Tinytown specific invasion of privacy/personal space?
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
The following 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-31-2018, 12:52 AM)Dom Wrote: If I post when I'm  Stoner , I giggle.

You go giggle girl, you go giggle. Smile
Amor fati.
The following 2 users Like GirlyMan's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, JesseB

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Good news: the refrigerator is out of warranty but LG is going to replace the compressor free of charge.
Bad news: x-ray revealed significant/advanced arthritis in my AC joint. Probably what is bothering my knee too, lately.
Gaack!
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Yonadav, Thumpalumpacus

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I just failed to smoosh a cricket in my bathroom! Undecided 
Rightly, furiously, hopped his way to safety, so good for him, but...
Sometime, tonight, I'm gonna hear some chirping that I'll never be able to find & shut up! Facepalm
The following 3 users Like TheGulegon's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Smercury44, Thumpalumpacus

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Earmuffs has arrived at AF. There goes the neighborhood.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
The following 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Ugh.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
While I was making a left hand turn, Prince Royal Fucktard, blew a red light and nearly creamed me. Then is total asshat veers across 3 lanes and nearly smashes another car. People suck!
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I fucked up this ballot! California has a pretty long ballot, and some confusingly written measures (Prop 8, anybody?!). Of course, I misvote on an easy one (Prop 6).

FML.
Is this sig thing on?

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Brand new furnace won’t turn on. It’s 65 in my house so not too bad, but damn that toilet is cold!!! Furnace folks coming tomorrow.
The following 1 user Likes Smercury44's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-31-2018, 06:05 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: Earmuffs has arrived at AF.  There goes the neighborhood.

Aw come on!  Direct his attention over here!
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(11-03-2018, 03:00 AM)Smercury44 Wrote: Brand new furnace won’t turn on. It’s 65 in my house so not too bad, but damn that toilet is cold!!! Furnace folks coming tomorrow.

I have a small electric heater for just such occasions.  It will heat up a bathroom in minutes.

[Image: Electric-Heater-Portable-Ceramic-Space-A...1512383126]
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Smercury44