Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why God Makes No Sense

Why God Makes No Sense
(10-20-2018, 07:22 PM)Yonadav Wrote: ...This is my last post on the matter in this discussion.  If you want the last say, it is all yours.

Posts half a dozen more comments.        Thinking
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Kim

Why God Makes No Sense
(10-26-2018, 01:31 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 07:22 PM)Yonadav Wrote: ...This is my last post on the matter in this discussion.  If you want the last say, it is all yours.

Posts half a dozen more comments.        Thinking

On a different matter.

Why God Makes No Sense
(09-29-2018, 06:19 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Hard evidence. 

It begs the question of what you would consider to be 'hard evidence' of God, hypothetically speaking.

The OP addresses the fact that even if God seemed to appear to you, that wouldn't be evidence either as it is indistinguishable from other (perhaps more plausible) explanations for what appeared to be God.

There doesn't appear to be any evidence that we can think of that would be evidence of God.

But the point is, if an all-powerful and all-knowing God exists, then that God would know exactly what it would take to convince you (he's all-knowing- after all), and he would be by definition perfectly capable of convincing you (he's all-powerful after all)... so the fact that such a God hasn't convinced you just means he has no interest in convincing you... or he doesn't exist. Those are literally the only two options, if we're talking of a God that is all-powerful and all-knowing.

The interesting thing about this is also that... if an all-powerful and all-knowing God exists... he (or she, or it) wants the (at least current) atheists to (at least currently) remain atheists.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 3 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Alan V, Gwaithmir, brunumb