Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mafia game #5 - Pinball mafia

(01-24-2019, 09:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:54 PM)Assassin Wrote: @Aliza yes I know you said you think scum are less likely to vote for you. But I'm asking why you think so. What thought process is going on there.

Not trying to tunnel you, but I feel I'll have a better time solving the game if I can sort you early.

I think scum see that I'm still figuring things out. Game #4, I was perfectly happy to follow Smercury and Gully, and my logic wasn't sound in drawing people's attention to SO in that game. 

If I were scum, I'd be trying to take out the hardest people first if I could. Otherwise, I'd have to be content with an easy target and worry about playing against a more experienced player later on.

In my experience scum are usually happy with any lynch day 1, and prefer to night kill anyone they see as threats. For example the Vosur lynch of the previous game. 

However, I do feel your post is genuine and I'll put you as town for now.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 6 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Assassin, Aliza, Mathilda, TheGulegon, EvieTheAvocado, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 09:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:54 PM)Assassin Wrote: @Aliza yes I know you said you think scum are less likely to vote for you. But I'm asking why you think so. What thought process is going on there.

Not trying to tunnel you, but I feel I'll have a better time solving the game if I can sort you early.

I was thinking much the same thing, thus why the train.  Plus we have a lot of day left so we can afford to have multiple trains day 1 as long as we get some of that sweet sweet info.

I hope we have a more active day 1 than last round. Where we basically were forced into a policy lynch.

(01-24-2019, 09:14 PM)Assassin Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 09:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:

I was thinking much the same thing, thus why the train.  Plus we have a lot of day left so we can afford to have multiple trains day 1 as long as we get some of that sweet sweet info.

I hope we have a more active day 1 than last round. Where we basically were forced into a policy lynch.

We are at 6 of 9 active before the technical beginning of Day one so doing better there at least.
The following 3 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • Assassin, Paleophyte, mlmooney89

(01-24-2019, 08:45 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:42 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:31 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: Aliza does seem like a character we could put pressure on and her town self would be obvious. We can test this, I will jump on.

But we have no data on Alizascum to compare that to, so this line of reasoning is faulty.

Vote Mooney

Clearly you're Aliza's partner. Nice try at distancing. Big Grin

Lol me unvoting the same time you voted me kinda hinders your logic

Hardly. Hopping off Aliza's wagon so quickly actually does look like distancing. Keep the pressure on until Day 1 at least officially starts.

You ain't sick, again, are ya, 'Roura? 

Vote Aurora

Talk.

(01-24-2019, 08:37 PM)Aliza Wrote: But then when I post high content, @TheGulegon calls me out for posting "The Great Wall of Aliza."  Tongue

I was scum, then, too. Winking

Now I want you to post as large a post as you'd like, complete with each and every one of your thoughts on the topic.

Besides, the Great Wall of Aliza helps keep those pesky immigrants from Vosland out! Angel
The following 3 users Like TheGulegon's post:
  • Aliza, Revenant77x, EvieTheAvocado

(01-24-2019, 09:02 PM)Aliza Wrote: If I were scum, I'd be trying to take out the hardest people first if I could. Otherwise, I'd have to be content with an easy target and worry about playing against a more experienced player later on.

Ugh the wine has started to pour. These seems LAMIST

(01-24-2019, 09:44 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: Hardly. Hopping off Aliza's wagon so quickly actually does look like distancing. Keep the pressure on until Day 1 at least officially starts.

Discussing when days start and end will get you no where with me. I play during my work day and that's it. Waiting until the day starts is not my MO since here in 45 minutes I'm off for the night anyway. I will never wait for certain moments or time. I push my wagons, get my info, and get on to the next. I do think you are looking a bit townie right now though so I won't push a Paleo wagon just yet. I like the call out on Aroura. Let's see how she is doing.
The following 2 users Like mlmooney89's post:
  • TheGulegon, EvieTheAvocado

This seems Lamist not these. Grammar for the win.

That isn't lamist at all. Looks to me like she tried to put herself in the shoes of scum and explain her reason (as she was asked to). To be fair she hasnt specifically said anything that even hints at her being town.

I am getting a slight town lean on Aliza, slight anyway.  We have heard from Guley, I want to hear more from him.  Last game I got a heavy scum read on him day 1 when he dithered and faffed about.  Aroura seems a decent place to go next.  

Unvote Aliza Unvote
Vote Aroura
The following 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(01-24-2019, 10:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: I am getting a slight town lean on Aliza, slight anyway.  We have heard from Guley, I want to hear more from him.  Last game I got a heavy scum read on him day 1 when he dithered and faffed about.  Aroura seems a decent place to go next.  

Unvote Aliza Unvote
Vote Aroura

Ok so that is how that works.  Oops.

(01-24-2019, 10:26 PM)Assassin Wrote: That isn't lamist at all. Looks to me like she tried to put herself in the shoes of scum and explain her reason (as she was asked to). To be fair she hasnt specifically said anything that even hints at her being town.

If I were scum I would do this. If I were scum I wouldn't do that.

Darlin that is classic newb scum. Talking like you aren't scum so you look like town is very LAMIST in my eyes.

(01-24-2019, 10:36 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 10:26 PM)Assassin Wrote: That isn't lamist at all. Looks to me like she tried to put herself in the shoes of scum and explain her reason (as she was asked to). To be fair she hasnt specifically said anything that even hints at her being town.

Darlin that is classic newb scum. Talking like you aren't scum so you look like town is very LAMIST in my eyes.

Darlin, I disagree with your use of lamist. Anyway let's forget the definitions, as those can be used subjectively. 

You saying that what she posted is classic noob scum. Where do you get that theory from? Not saying you're wrong, just asking.

Just got home from school - traffic. Reading and catching up on the thread. I will be responding as I go. 

(01-24-2019, 08:11 PM)Aliza Wrote: I don't really understand why people go to immediately lynch others in the first view hours. We literally have no information to go on. 

I acknowledge that experienced players do this so I see there must be some value in it, it just hasn't clicked for me yet. 

In any case, Rev's move to lynch me seem less logical if he's scum, so he's currently my strongest town lean. Mazel tov, Rev.

As it's been discussed in past games that I've played, one of the reasons for voting to lynch is that it creates a reaction. And that reaction will determine what happens to that person. 

Another reason is to get a wagon going because we need wagons. 

If someone is too quiet, pressure wagons can also be created to get the person active, but that usually doesn't happen until the phase is halfway over and we need to be able to get a read on the person.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • mlmooney89

(01-24-2019, 08:31 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: Aliza does seem like a character we could put pressure on and her town self would be obvious. We can test this, I will jump on.

But we have no data on Alizascum to compare that to, so this line of reasoning is faulty.

Vote Mooney

Actually we do have something. It's called metagaming. She's played before and has started to develop a play style. Good players know this and learn about the playstyle of others in order to try and gain an advantage.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

(01-24-2019, 11:04 PM)Joods Wrote: Just got home from school - traffic. Reading and catching up on the thread. I will be responding as I go. 

(01-24-2019, 08:11 PM)Aliza Wrote: I don't really understand why people go to immediately lynch others in the first view hours. We literally have no information to go on. 

I acknowledge that experienced players do this so I see there must be some value in it, it just hasn't clicked for me yet. 

In any case, Rev's move to lynch me seem less logical if he's scum, so he's currently my strongest town lean. Mazel tov, Rev.

As it's been discussed in past games that I've played, one of the reasons for voting to lynch is that it creates a reaction. And that reaction will determine what happens to that person. 

Another reason is to get a wagon going because we need wagons. 

If someone is too quiet, pressure wagons can also be created to get the person active, but that usually doesn't happen until the phase is halfway over and we need to be able to get a read on the person.

Yes, actually, that dawned on me later. I realized that by voting for me, I was able to form an opinion about Rev's motives. Literally 2 seconds before that, I had nothing to go on. Two seconds later, I at least had something, and the whole thing occurred within the first few minutes of the game.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • mlmooney89, Joods, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 09:02 PM)Aliza Wrote: If I were scum, I'd be trying to take out the hardest people first if I could. Otherwise, I'd have to be content with an easy target and worry about playing against a more experienced player later on.

With a night kill, sure. Trying to get an experienced player lynched is much more challenging unless they've made an impressive mistake. Much easier to let town lynch town since we're so very good at it.
The following 3 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • mlmooney89, Aliza, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 11:14 PM)Joods Wrote:

Vote Mooney

Actually we do have something. It's called metagaming. She's played before and has started to develop a play style. Good players know this and learn about the playstyle of others in order to try and gain an advantage.

I know. My point was that we haven't seen Aliza play scum yet. As far as we know. So what we know about her playstyle is incomplete.

I'll concede that it's unlikely that Alizascum isn't going to be significantly different from Alizatown.

(01-24-2019, 10:53 PM)Assassin Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 10:36 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote:

Darlin, I disagree with your use of lamist. Anyway let's forget the definitions, as those can be used subjectively. 

You saying that what she posted is classic noob scum. Where do you get that theory from? Not saying you're wrong, just asking.

I'm in my truck on my way home so I'm just skimming. I do have to say one non game thing. When I say darlin it's because I'm American southern and I say honey, darlin,  sweety as part of my vocabulary. When you say it it's passive aggressive.

(01-24-2019, 11:30 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 10:36 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: If I were scum I would do this. If I were scum I wouldn't do that.

I'm in my truck on my way home so I'm just skimming. I do have to say one non game thing. When I say darlin it's because I'm American southern and I say honey, darlin,  sweety as part of my vocabulary. When you say it it's passive aggressive.

@Assassin noticed me saying sugar plum when being passive aggressive. 

This is our way.

Paleo might be town. I need to dig up some stuff, but I think he's town.

Please hold!

(01-24-2019, 11:30 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 10:36 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: If I were scum I would do this. If I were scum I wouldn't do that.

I am not being passive aggressive, if it's your vocab then it should be normal to see it being said to you? And I legit thought you were being nice when saying it to me. So I thought you'd take the darlin comment well. My bad. What reason have I got to be aggressive though lol. 

Anyway when you have time can you answer the question? I wanted to evaluate if your push on Aliza is scum driven or town. I think I'll keep Aliza town still unless you have good evidence/reasons for saying what she posted is classic noob scum, then I'll be willing to re-assess my read on her.

Aurora is the only one to not speak, yet, right?

(01-25-2019, 12:07 AM)TheGulegon Wrote: Aurora is the only one to not speak, yet, right?

So far, but it's midnight her time or somesuch.

@EvieTheAvocado has been unusually quiet. Almost laconic.
The following 4 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • TheGulegon, EvieTheAvocado, Aroura, mlmooney89