Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historical Jesus, Biblical Jesus

The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Smercury44

(12-05-2018, 02:44 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 02:44 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: define both then....

I already did in my first post in your thread lol.

your formatting is punk move

(12-05-2018, 02:46 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 02:44 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 02:44 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: define both then....

I already did in my first post in your thread lol.

your formatting is punk move

What does that mean?
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

YOUR FORMATTING IS PUNK MOVE

(12-05-2018, 12:54 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: The historical Jesus was just some nice wise dude who inspired people and then got killed. Kinda like Socrates but without the high intelligence, without the curiosity so high and question-asking so obsessive that it was borderline O.C.D., and without the far more noble and dignified death story.

The supernatural Jesus was just a magic man who had magic powers and created the universe.

Definitely different dudes.
how do you know>?

(12-05-2018, 02:47 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 12:54 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: The historical Jesus was just some nice wise dude who inspired people and then got killed. Kinda like Socrates but without the high intelligence, without the curiosity so high and question-asking so obsessive that it was borderline O.C.D., and without the far more noble and dignified death story.

The supernatural Jesus was just a magic man who had magic powers and created the universe.

how do you know>?

See my previous post about how definitions are made up.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

He just didn't say it loud enough Evie.
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-05-2018, 02:47 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 02:47 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:

how do you know>?

so you made up the defintions, you are the source
thanks puss

(12-05-2018, 02:47 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: He just didn't say it loud enough Evie.

Show ContentSpoiler:

(12-05-2018, 02:48 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 02:47 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 02:47 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: how do you know>?

so you made up the defintions, you are the source
thanks puss

As I already said, newsflash: Literally all definitions are made up.

The real question here is: What exactly is the point of this thread if this is how you are going to respond to the answers?

It's like your absolute truth thread. Oher people made good contributions but all your posts were very poor quality.

MY SHIT IS GETTING SOFTER, TRY ADDRESSING THE OP DUCMCUNT

HERE ILL MAKE IT EASY PEASY, WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE RUMOR THAT BIBLICAL JESUS AND HISTORICAL JESUS ARE DIFFERENT?

(12-05-2018, 03:03 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: MY SHIT IS GETTING SOFTER, TRY ADDRESSING THE OP DUCMCUNT

I'm not interested in the hardness of your stools or lack thereof. What does that mean? What's a "ducm"?

As for Kant ... he was a pretty smart guy. Nothing wrong with being a Kant.

I addressed the OP from the very beginning. You asked for the difference between the two and I told you. The Biblical Jesus has magic powers and the historical Jesus doesn't.

(12-05-2018, 02:45 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
  • Smercury44

(12-05-2018, 03:06 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:03 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: MY SHIT IS GETTING SOFTER, TRY ADDRESSING THE OP DUCMCUNT

I'm not interested in the hardness of your stools or lack thereof. What does that mean? What's a "ducm"?

I addressed the OP from the very beginning. You asked for the difference between the two and I told you. The Biblical Jesus has magic powers and the historical Jesus doesn't.
just some random shit?
who is historical jesus?
what do you base that on?

(12-05-2018, 03:07 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:06 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

just some random shit?
who is historical jesus?

Nothing I said was random.

Well by "historical Jesus" I assume you meant the non-supernatural Jesus.

And obviously, the supernatural and non-supernatural Jesus can't be the same thing.

(12-05-2018, 03:11 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:07 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:06 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: I'm not interested in the hardness of your stools or lack thereof. What does that mean? What's a "ducm"?

just some random shit?
who is historical jesus?

And obviously, the supernatural and non-supernatural Jesus can't be the same thing.

ok I am starting to folow you here, but i gotta reply with something besides acolades if you understand

(12-05-2018, 03:12 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:11 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:07 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: just some random shit?
who is historical jesus?

ok I am starting to folow you here, but i gotta reply with something besides acolades if you understand

I struggle to understand you because your English is very poor.

is because i can only type 32 wpm and i dont back up

Schrodinger's Outlaw, all jokes aside it seems there is some larger point you are trying to make or lead us to. What is it? There may or may not have been something we can call a "historical" Jesus. Wouldn't be impossible, wandering creepy I'm The Son Of God types are littered throughout history. I could throw a rock from where I sit right now and hit a couple. But no atheist or reasonable person thinks there was a Jesus as described in the bible. What's so complicated about all this?
  • EvieTheAvocado

Feeling alone and you're all alone.
Flesh and blood by the telephone.
Pick up the receiver, I'll make you a believer.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-05-2018, 03:16 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote: Feeling alone and you're all alone.
Flesh and blood by the telephone.
Pick up the receiver, I'll make you a believer.

Now that's stuck in my head.  Thanks OMM!
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Old Man Marsh, EvieTheAvocado

(12-05-2018, 03:15 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Schrodinger's Outlaw, all jokes aside it seems there is some larger point you are trying to make or lead us to.  What is it?  There may or may not have been something we can call a "historical" Jesus.  Wouldn't be impossible, wandering creepy I'm The Son Of God types are littered throughout history.  I could throw a rock from where I sit right now and hit a couple.  But no atheist or reasonable person thinks there was a Jesus as described in the bible.  What's so complicated about all this?
hmm... if I answer this out of order evie the avacado will object
if it weren't for the bible there would be no discussion about a guy named mud, elmer or charlie being jesus.

(12-05-2018, 03:13 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:12 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:11 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Well by "historical Jesus" I assume you meant the non-supernatural Jesus.

I struggle to understand you because your English is very poor.
yeah it is because I gotta format and all that stuff but I don't like to

(12-05-2018, 03:19 AM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:15 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Schrodinger's Outlaw, all jokes aside it seems there is some larger point you are trying to make or lead us to.  What is it?  There may or may not have been something we can call a "historical" Jesus.  Wouldn't be impossible, wandering creepy I'm The Son Of God types are littered throughout history.  I could throw a rock from where I sit right now and hit a couple.  But no atheist or reasonable person thinks there was a Jesus as described in the bible.  What's so complicated about all this?

if it weren't for the bible there would be no discussion about a guy named mud, elmer or charlie being jesus.

True.  And outside the bible there isn't even a peep about him, so I feel I could be totally wrong and the guy may not have existed at all.  But I feel stronger there's enough "behind the curtain" stuff that there was a Jesus behind it all.