Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRE45ON

TRE45ON
[Image: donald-trump-tre45on-garyck-arntzen.jpg]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/po...nties.html

Quote:The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.

Hanging is too good for him!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, adey67, M.Linoge, Thumpalumpacus, Antipholus

TRE45ON
This should be the top of the news on every news sight!  He's a traitor.   I used up my NYTimes articles for the month, can you post a little more of the article?
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

TRE45ON
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • brewerb

TRE45ON
Quote:WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.
The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.
Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money, the officials said. Twenty Americans were killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2019, but it was not clear which killings were under suspicion.
The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.

An operation to incentivize the killing of American and other NATO troops would be a significant and provocative escalation of what American and Afghan officials have said is Russian support for the Taliban, and it would be the first time the Russian spy unit was known to have orchestrated attacks on Western troops.
Any involvement with the Taliban that resulted in the deaths of American troops would also be a huge escalation of Russia’s so-called hybrid war against the United States, a strategy of destabilizing adversaries through a combination of such tactics as cyberattacks, the spread of fake news and covert and deniable military operations.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

TRE45ON
The following 4 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Mark, M.Linoge, Thumpalumpacus

TRE45ON
(06-29-2020, 04:08 PM)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: donald-trump-tre45on-garyck-arntzen.jpg]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/po...nties.html

Quote:The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.

Hanging is too good for him!

You love him really I just know you do, go on, admit it you'll feel so much better.  Angel Big Grin Tongue
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

TRE45ON
Here you go, D42.  From the Washington Post.   I'm sure fuckheads like Rainman think it is FAKE NEWS cuz Putin told him so!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...source=rss

Quote:President Trump’s long, aspirational, tortured relationship with Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin, entered one of its most controversial chapters this weekend. The New York Times first reported — with The Washington Post and others following up — that U.S. intelligence has assessed that a Russian military spy unit offered bounties to Taliban-linked fighters in Afghanistan to kill coalition troops, including American ones, and that there was intense debate within the U.S. intelligence community about how to respond as far back as late March. The Post further reported Sunday that the bounties have indeed been linked to U.S. troop deaths.

Most problematic in all of this is that today, about three months later, the Trump administration still hasn’t responded. What’s more, in the intervening period, Trump has continued to describe Russia and Putin as the friends of the United States, has sent humanitarian aid to Russia, and has continued to push for its inclusion into the Group of Seven, or G-7, summit.

The potential scandal here is readily apparent — the idea that a president and an administration would do nothing about an antagonistic foreign power funding the kill of Americans. And the White House has ramped up its denials. Initially, it disputed reports that Trump had been briefed on any such intelligence. Then, on Sunday, Trump more directly denied that underlying intelligence, too.

“Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP” Mike Pence, Trump tweeted.
Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP. Possibly another fabricated Russia Hoax, maybe by the Fake News @nytimesbooks, wanting to make Republicans look bad!!! https://t.co/cowOmP7T1S
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 29, 2020

Intelligence officials continue to affirm the underlying intelligence, though, and say it was briefed to the highest levels of the White House. Even some congressional Republicans and Trump allies like Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) are demanding answers. And a spokesman for the White House’s National Security Council, John Ullyot, didn’t directly dispute the intelligence Sunday night, saying that “the veracity of the underlying allegations continue to be evaluated.”
  • Dancefortwo, Bucky Ball

TRE45ON
Still waiting for all the chips to fall. It may take a few days, and given Trump and Republican obstructionism, we may never know the truth.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Alan V, Thumpalumpacus

TRE45ON
Any day now, Fuckface will claim that he spoke to Putin and Putey said it wasn't true and he said it bigly, and strongly and powerfully.... and of course, Fuckface will fall for that every time.

Just like all the moronic trumptards.

TRE45ON
(06-29-2020, 06:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Any day now, Fuckface will claim that he spoke to Putin and Putey said it wasn't true and he said it bigly, and strongly and powerfully.... and of course, Fuckface will fall for that every time.

They most likely DID brief him but Fuckface was either not listening or not paying attention - per Bolton's book and the other books written about him from former top officials who verify his inability to concentrate on any one thing for 10 seconds. Bolton also wrote he doesn't understand simple concepts and he doesn't read the daily briefs either so this whole episode falls squarely on OrangeTurd's lap.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Alan V

TRE45ON

[Image: shirt-1531854396-cbac334f8c0f06ce802a6af...0sIHt9XV19]
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball, Thumpalumpacus, Antipholus

TRE45ON
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/top-dem...y-reports/

US Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Monday called on the heads of the intelligence services to hold a briefing on reports that Russia paid bounties to Taliban-linked militias to kill US soldiers deployed in Afghanistan.

An explosive New York Times report, citing anonymous officials, said US President Donald Trump had been told about findings, which he has denied.

“The questions that arise are: was the president briefed, and if not, why not, and why was Congress not briefed,” said Pelosi in a letter to John Ratcliffe, the Director of National Intelligence, and CIA director Gina Haspel.
Pelosi, the top Democrat in Congress, asked them to hold an interagency briefing for all members of the House of Representatives on the reports and “President Trump’s inexplicable behavior towards Russia.”

“Congress and the country need answers now,” Pelosi said, adding that the briefing should also focus on “what options are available to hold Russia accountable.”

Some wheels are beginning to turn in Washington.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/pentago...-ignatius/

Appearing on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” longtime political columnist David Ignatius said that his own follow-up on the New York Times’ explosive report that Donald Trump’s administration was well aware that the Russians were offering a bounty for the death of U.S. military members revealed that Pentagon officials have “pounding on the door” and trying to get Donald Trump to do something about it.

Speaking with host Joe Scarborough, Ignatius said he was stunned by the report from the Times and started looking into the details himself for confirmation.
Defend democracy. Click to invest in courageous progressive journalism today.

“Based on my reporting trying to confirm the New York Times’ excellent story it’s clear in late March you had senior U.S commanders, senior civilian intelligence officials, in effect pounding on the door of the White House saying we need to do something about this, we need to come to a conclusion about what damage the Russian program is doing, we need to reassess our programs in Afghanistan and they couldn’t get an answer,” he reported. “To this day there’s not an answer, there’s not a real response. Was this because the president was briefed and did nothing or because he wasn’t briefed because people were afraid to give him bad news and kept it to themselves? I don’t know.”

And why did the door not open? Who else in the administration did not respond? Why? I am sure that these Intelligence officials will be asked to tell what happened with their efforts to Pelosi and the Democrats in Congress. Was Trump informed and simply did not pay attention at the briefing? Some people are suggesting that is the case. But then how to explain away efforts of people to get the White House to respond to them besides the briefings? I think this election is over.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 4 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Alan V, Minimalist, Thumpalumpacus, Dom

TRE45ON
(06-29-2020, 06:46 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Any day now, Fuckface will claim that he spoke to Putin and Putey said it wasn't true and he said it bigly, and strongly and powerfully.... and of course, Fuckface will fall for that every time.

They most likely DID brief him but Fuckface was either not listening or not paying attention - per Bolton's book and the other books written about him from former top officials who verify his inability to concentrate on any one thing for 10 seconds. Bolton also wrote he doesn't understand simple concepts and he doesn't read the daily briefs either so this whole episode falls squarely on OrangeTurd's lap.

That seems unlikely.  There are reports intelligence officials were "pounding on the door" of the White House to draw attention to this.  Who and why are still to be determined.  If so, why were they ignored?  Trump?  or did somebody act as gate keeper to keep them away from informing Trump?  Nancy Pelosi notes that these reports were not given to the "Gang of Eight", intelligence oversight committee chairs of Senate and House.  Which may constitute illegal actions.  Trump has announced a meeting of him and intelligence officers, which Democratic lawmakers will not be allowed to attend.  Only chosen Republicans can attend.  Trump initially may indeed not have been paying attention, or did not realize how dangerous this action of Russia's was.  But subsequent to that, lots of people were trying to get action from him, and Trump seems to have gone out of his way to not do anything.

Pelosi is going to ask various heads of intelligence to report to her and Congress what happened, so lies and incompetence may well be exposed pretty quickly.  And now, another big question nobody is asking.  What did Pence know and when did he know it?
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

TRE45ON
Quote: If so, why were they ignored?

Fuckface was most likely out golfing.  Hey, he managed to ignore a pandemic in the same time frame.

TRE45ON
(06-29-2020, 08:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote:

Fuckface was most likely out golfing.  Hey, he managed to ignore a pandemic in the same time frame.

He probably called up his friend Putin & asked him if it's true & Putin told him it wasn't, and that's all the "briefing" trump needs apparently.

I know the secret service is a group of dedicated professionals but you gotta think that at least half or more of them must just be dreaming about turning & popping the guy at this point.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 1 user Likes Unsapien's post:
  • Fireball

TRE45ON
So were the Praetorian Guards but they knew crazy when they saw it.
  • Old Man Marsh, LastPoet

TRE45ON
CNBC is saying tonight that the report about the Russians was in the "Wire" (a CIA product) (besides the PDB).
https://www.cia.gov/offices-of-cia/intel...ducts.html
If that's true, a whole lot of people knew about this mess.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Antipholus

TRE45ON
(06-30-2020, 02:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: CNBC is saying tonight that the report about the Russians was in the "Wire" (a CIA product) (besides the PDB).

I'm thinking a lot of active-duty military will stay home on 3 Nov if this is shown true as it's been reported. And his support amongst the troops has been dropping for over six months without this news.

One more demographic alienated?
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

TRE45ON
(06-30-2020, 02:07 AM)Unsapien Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 08:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote:

He probably called up his friend Putin & asked him if it's true & Putin told him it wasn't, and that's all the "briefing" trump needs apparently.

I know the secret service is a group of dedicated professionals but you gotta think that at least half or more of them must just be dreaming about turning & popping the guy at this point.

I expect that the shame heaped on the family, and the constant suspicion that the mafia was looking to get at them for said patriot killing the chump would be enough to deter them.

I also expect that the SS looks at it like there would be serious repercussions in the running of the government if the sitting president was snuffed. Though how it could possibly be worse is debatable. Well, it could be worse. Damfino how, though. Maybe I don't have enough imagination. Let's watch the clown-in-chief and find out.  Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

TRE45ON
If I were 45, right now I'd stay the hell away from any gathering of U.S. military personnel, anywhere on the planet, indefinitely.

But I don't think he's smart enough to pass up any potential photo op with the troops. This one's getting too close to call.

TRE45ON
(06-30-2020, 03:51 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 02:07 AM)Unsapien Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 08:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Fuckface was most likely out golfing.  Hey, he managed to ignore a pandemic in the same time frame.

I expect that the shame heaped on the family, and the constant suspicion that the mafia was looking to get at them for said patriot killing the chump would be enough to deter them.

I also expect that the SS looks at it like there would be serious repercussions in the running of the government if the sitting president was snuffed. Though how it could possibly be worse is debatable. Well, it could be worse. Damfino how, though. Maybe I don't have enough imagination. Let's watch the clown-in-chief and find out.  Dodgy

I would imagine a good number of them feel duty-bound enough to stifle their personal feelings on the job, too.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball

TRE45ON
(06-30-2020, 04:04 AM)Astreja Wrote: If I were 45, right now I'd stay the hell away from any gathering of U.S. military personnel, anywhere on the planet, indefinitely.

Nah. They'll show up as ordered and cheer on command, trust me. Outside of mental illness I don't think one would take a potshot.

But I think they will vote with their feet, to wit, not walking into a polling booth at all. This will depress military turnout, I think.
On hiatus.

TRE45ON
So what was Fuckface worried about on the day he was briefed about this shit?

Thank Twitter for telling us.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/heres-w...unty-plot/

Quote:Here’s what Trump was focused on the day that his briefing reportedly included the Russian bounty plot

Politics and his usual self-aggrandizing bullshit.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Alan V

TRE45ON
And now it seems that Bolton told the dumb Orange Fuck about it a year earlier than previously reported.

https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c51...SocialFlow

Quote:Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence.
The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019.
The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials.
  • Thumpalumpacus, Alan V

TRE45ON
(06-30-2020, 03:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 02:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: CNBC is saying tonight that the report about the Russians was in the "Wire" (a CIA product) (besides the PDB).

I'm thinking a lot of active-duty military will stay home on 3 Nov if this is shown true as it's been reported. And his support amongst the troops has been dropping for over six months without this news.

One more demographic alienated?

This may actually drive some out to vote Dem. Especially if they've had a buddy killed or seriously wounded in the Mid-East. The dumb-ass isn't just driving away potential voters, he's driving some of them to actively vote against him. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see in happen within the troops as well.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus